• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Light Dots Python Script for Poser 12

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Good news! The "Light Dots P12" Python script for Poser 12 was released today, and is now available at Renderosity. I love this one, and I think people will love it, too. In addition to allowing instantly storing and retrieving entire scene lights with a click, it also packs the Actions menu with lots of useful light batch automations, so it's both memory dots and a mini lights manager. :happydance: :happyflip:

Promo_01_LightDots_600x800.jpg

Bwldrd

Admirable
Thank you very much. Purchased as soon as I saw it. :) Used Netherworks light dots a lot in Poser 11. Only thing I can ask for as a future feature would be the ability to save and load the dots as sets/collections.

Any plans on tackling Camera Panel next? :D Lol.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you very much. Purchased as soon as I saw it. :) Used Netherworks light dots a lot in Poser 11. Only thing I can ask for as a future feature would be the ability to save and load the dots as sets/collections.

Any plans on tackling Camera Panel next? :D Lol.

Thank you! I loved NetherWorks light dots as well, and for Poser 12 I made this bigger and better than his. If I am going to make one from scratch, it would be no fun to make it exactly the same, right? Just 9 dots were never enough for my collection of light sets.

The idea of saving and loading light dots as sets sounds good to me. Always good to get ideas on how to make things better. Though personally, 16 dots just for lights seems plenty for me - I never had this many. ^____^

Would would a camera panel do?

Bwldrd

Admirable
It's another script that puts up some buttons for quick camera selection, different functions for different clicks on the buttons, Memorize,restore, choosing a focal length, saving camera presets, etc. Just a bunch of different things all related to the cameras.

Camera Panel.png

The layout of the buttons can also be changed, this is just the one I preferred.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Something like camera selection with memory dots and some of the camera controls?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Congratulations to Ken1171, again! Featured article about you in the new edition of Poser Pulse!

Dana

Thanks, Dana! I am new at Rendo, so that was an opportunity for me to tell the community who I am, and what I do. ^^

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Jenn mentioned you to someone who's contemplating the move to 12 and is gun shy because of problems they had moving to 11.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Jenn mentioned you to someone who's contemplating the move to 12 and is gun shy because of problems they had moving to 11.

A few people told me my scripts gave them a reason to move to Poser 12, which was kind of surprising considering how faster rendering is in the new Cycles2 engine. That alone would convince me to upgrade. :)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Hey Ken. It's in my cart. How about you just recreate the default Poser dots interface as an option with more options like being able to set it up to what you want. One niggle I have with the current set up is that the interface ALWAYS defaults to the UI. WHY? I set it up and forget about it but the Camera I use all the time but I can't set it to open up the program and have the Camera dots selected. I've even made the mistake thinking it was selected and hit the UI saved button and messed up my UI set up! Very annoying! Maybe if Poser coders see your work maybe they will buy the code off of you and write it into the Poser code permanently!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have asked SMS to SAVE this setting in the "Preferred State" for YEARS, so we could choose which of the memory dots will be the default at launch, but to no avail. How many times have I accidentally overwritten my preferred GUI memory dot, loosing my default settings? I have asked to make CAMERA the default instead of UI, but it has never happened.

Perhaps the major issue is that Poser cannot be launched to a preferred state, like ALL other programs do. Instead, we can launch to factory defaults, or to whatever was the last state from the previous session. How crazy is that? I have a Git request #220 asking to allow launching Poser to a preferred state. Please upvote it to give it a push. Even Jenn Blake has upvoted it recently, because this is absurd. :)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Took me a minute to find #220 but did and left a very lengthy reply there and upvoted!