• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

LAMH Presets for the Hivewire3D House Cat

fabiana

Inspired
Contributing Artist
Thank you all for the info on this thread and Mininessie for your detailed recipe ;)
So... here is my take on the precious adorable and so so so so delicious cat...
Hope you like it, is a promo for my upcoming product and I had to put him there...
Let's see if the image is visible...

Promo10.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Nice Fabina (and I love your stuff!) I can see the last image but not the first 2.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well the first two are the same... two failed intents of upload it and couldn´t remove these :S
I'll take care of that for you Fabi. It's a lovely render. :)

OK, very strange, but the failed attempts don't show when I went in to edit your post, so not sure how I could delete those thumbnails. I'll have to see if Alisa can take care of that, as she has more options than the CV-Bees do.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Oh, that's lovely, Fabi! Just have to leave those little squares there. I can't see them to delete them either.

That is gorgeous and very realistic looking fur!

I've given up trying to make anything (loading and rendering pre made items is ok though) with LAMH for now as it keeps crashing on my pc, was very frustrating as I wanted to do a mane, tail and whiskers for Harry. If I could get my Carrara to run I'd go back to that - maybe I need a new pc?

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Thank you all for the info on this thread and Mininessie for your detailed recipe ;)
So... here is my take on the precious adorable and so so so so delicious cat...
Hope you like it, is a promo for my upcoming product and I had to put him there...
Let's see if the image is visible...

View attachment 29990

This is so perfect.... I'm still "scared" of installing & trying to understand DS/LAMH plus I wonder how long it takes to get this quality of a render!! (without that "speckly/pixelated" look of many DS renders) I want the nice SMOOTH/SHARP renders I get out of Poser firefly... AND I wonder how LONG it takes to get the render like Fabi's...

Has anyone tried exporting the posed/haired (with this LAMH preset) cat out of DS to import into Poser 2014?

fabiana

Inspired
Contributing Artist
Lyne dear...
My render took about 20 minutes using my latest lights and HDRI images. A normal scene without LAMH furs, I mean the cat with its Iray materials but not furs could take just about 8/9 minutes with these lights too. A fraction as many folks have said compared with other lights...
The settings come included in the pack. The render you see has been resized just a tad, it was larger.
Using other lights or settings I don´t know how it could be or how long could take.

I did try to export the furs, it took LOOOOOOOOOONG and crashed on me twice, so I just used these in DS and didn´t try to load them in Poser once I got them exported. Was a very heavy obj till I remember.
Thanks for the adorable comments as always!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Lyne dear...
My render took about 20 minutes using my latest lights and HDRI images. A normal scene without LAMH furs, I mean the cat with its Iray materials but not furs could take just about 8/9 minutes with these lights too. A fraction as many folks have said compared with other lights...
The settings come included in the pack. The render you see has been resized just a tad, it was larger.
Using other lights or settings I don´t know how it could be or how long could take.

I did try to export the furs, it took LOOOOOOOOOONG and crashed on me twice, so I just used these in DS and didn´t try to load them in Poser once I got them exported. Was a very heavy obj till I remember.
Thanks for the adorable comments as always!

OH, THANKS, Fabi! I didn't realize you have made lights for DS now, also! When I get my DS/LAMH installed, I'll be SURE to buy and use your lights for it! I can't render anything nice in Poser without using your lights always.... ;) I will need to use your render settings too, as it will all be so new to me! (I am spoiled, though, when a complex Poser scene -with 2-3 figures & many objects- for a render that is about 2,500 x 1000+ pixels in size takes about 5 minutes at most to render perfectly... Sigh, I'll have to learn a little more patience!) :) What I want out of DS for the furry cat/kitten is a large PNG image of just the cat or kitten I have posed, to then composite in Photoshop with all the rest from a Poser render...

I assume that LAMH hair just magically is the right color of the fur textures too? This too, is exciting to me...but good as maybe even MY kitty maps can be furred too!?

I have always learned so much from using your products and pushing my knowledge to new heights over the years as you know!! Now you give me courage again!!

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
I have an old version of DAZ Studio 4.7 (64-bit) that is connected to Poser & I don't want to damage it. Does anyone know if the new DAZ Studio 4.9 (64-bit) can be installed beside it? Lyne & I are getting ready to install the new DAZ Studio tomorrow. We both want the haired cat! Thank you very much for helping. :)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
If you can manage to install the new one without overwriting the old one, you can run both versions. You'll probably need to move the existing copy somewhere where the installer can't get at it until the new installation is done, and then put it back.