• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken1171's Products at HiveWire3D

Helos

New-Bee
Hi Ken,
I have some problems with Body Type-09.
Thanks for your video TUT. It helps me and works good with Dawn clothes but not with V4 clothes like the Hot Summer '09 bikini you used in your promo pictures. I cannot conform the bikini, instead I have to parent it to the figure. This is not ideal.
Another problem is the scaling of the body (shrinking of the figure) but the head, hands and feet are not involved. I had to scale the head manually to 88% to aim a realistic relationship.

I hope you can help me.
Sincerely
Henning

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Hi Ken,
I have some problems with Body Type-09.
Thanks for your video TUT. It helps me and works good with Dawn clothes but not with V4 clothes like the Hot Summer '09 bikini you used in your promo pictures. I cannot conform the bikini, instead I have to parent it to the figure. This is not ideal.
Another problem is the scaling of the body (shrinking of the figure) but the head, hands and feet are not involved. I had to scale the head manually to 88% to aim a realistic relationship.

Hi Henning! I am glad my tutorial was of help to you. The "Copy Morphs From..." feature can help you transfer morphs from figure to clothing, but it will not work as Auto-Fit from DS, meaning it was not meant to convert clothing meant for other figures. There are other tools to do that in particular, like the Fitting Room, Wardrobe Wizard and CrossDresser. So you first refit the V4 outfit to Dawn, creating a new version of it, and only then you can copy the morphs to fit a particular body morph.

DawnSE has morphs to scale the feet, hands and head, so you can customize the proportions to your liking. These dials can be used to make these parts either larger or smaller. They are part of the "Base" morphs package that ship with DawnSE:

* Head Scale
* Right/Left Hand Scale
* Right/Left Foot Scale

Hope this helps. :)

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
So you first refit the V4 outfit to Dawn, creating a new version of it, and only then you can copy the morphs to fit a particular body morph.

Ahhhh, so that is the trick! Good that I'm reading up on this thread, thanks for the tip. I was struggling with this myself.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Maybe this is coming from me claiming that the tutorial method works with "any figure and outfit". What I mean was that it works with any outfit created for the same figure it was meant for. If the outfit was meant for a different figure, it needs to be converted first.

Helos

New-Bee
Thanks, Ken. I'm thinking your tip to create a Dawn version of the outfit via WW and than copying the morphs from Body Type-9 is the solution.
Thank you very much. I'll try it tonight.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have been working hard on 2 new body sculpts for Dawn. You [probably] have already seen a preview of the skinny one, and the other will be stylized. They will both be released for Poser 10, Poser 11 and DAZ Studio 4.10+. Still working on the promos and beta-testing. I will start the respective product threads when I have something more finished to show. I have been changing the shapes almost everyday, but I think I now have the final ones for Type-10 and Type-11.

Making the promos now <sigh>, yes, I loath doing them. LOL I should have something to show in the following days.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Yay, "Body Type-10 for Dawn" has been released today on the HW store.

ADS_HomePageBanner_1180x500.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
12 is a nice round number, and I thought my body type series should end with 12. 12 hours of the day, 12 months of the year, the 12 apostles, and... the 12 body types! :)

I have been working on "Body Type-12" for a while. So far I only have some parts of the torso and legs sculpted, so I don't have anything to show yet, but I wanted you guys to know there will be a 12th entry in this series. And because this will be special, I am trying something rather challenging here - create a whole new upper torso and arms shape that is smaller by design, so perhaps it won't even need "Narrow Shoulders".

This shape will be tall, leggy, and voluptuous, but not particularly busty. I am sculpting as much detail as the mesh resolution allows. I want the arms to have a more particularly feminine shape, thinner and shapely. The torso design will be fuller, with generous volumes and fine toned detail. And as usual, she will have a unique breast shape, quite different from Dawn's default.

I am hoping to have something to show by this weekend. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Today I have submitted "Body Type-12" to the store, and with this the body types series for Dawn is finally complete. I am particularly proud of Type-12 in both Poser and DS native versions, where nothing was left untouched. She was fine tuned to work with all of the HW body morph packs, plus Sora, which should provide virtually infinite variation combinations. This is closing the Body Type series with a cherry on top. ^___^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Good news - "Body Type-12" for Dawn has hit the store today! This marks the end of my "body type" series with one of my best body sculpts this far. This also concludes all of my current ongoing WIPs, so now everything I had a development thread here has now been concluded and submitted. I am quite proud of Type-12, and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I am. ^___^

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Good news - "Body Type-12" for Dawn has hit the store today! This marks the end of my "body type" series with one of my best body sculpts this far. This also concludes all of my current ongoing WIPs, so now everything I had a development thread here has now been concluded and submitted. I am quite proud of Type-12, and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I am. ^___^

Wonderful! And congratulations! A great series and a spectacular finish!