• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken1171's Products at HiveWire3D

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I just had a quick thought Ken, and I was wondering if there was a way to have just the dress color without any of the designs? I'm thinking a nice solid color dress with the collar, slits and armhole trims, but haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I just had a quick thought Ken, and I was wondering if there was a way to have just the dress color without any of the designs? I'm thinking a nice solid color dress with the collar, slits and armhole trims, but haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

Simple color is the easiest. The default dress has simple colors when you first load it. You can customize it from there. :)

Alternatively, if you want to preserve the normal and bump maps, you can apply any of the texture presets, and then disconnect whatever is plugged into "diffuse color". You will be left with a plain white dress that you can set to anything you like by just changing the diffuse color. ^^

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmmm, Alternate Spec I would think. I like Anisotropic, but that usually works best for a character's lips and nails. I've seen Blinn and Phong used, but I'm not as up on how either of them work. Let me do some experimenting, and I'll let you know what I come up with. ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Silk is a natural organic fiber, so I think it also has some SSS in it that gives it that translucent shine. Maybe that's what gives it that glowing shine effect. This kind of dress could benefit from a decent silk material - especially when making it single color. ^____^

Miss B

CV-BEE
True, I just tried both Blinn and Phong, and Blinn didn't do it for me. Phong at 0.65 however, with the bump/normal disconnected, gave me this, though the quick render without the right lighting, doesn't really show it off well. I think this may look more like satin than silk.

CheongsamDressTest.jpg

Hmmmm, I wonder if running it through EZSkin3 might help. I may play with this some more, as I have some PP11 shaders for silk material.

Hi, Ken.

I'm sorry this isn't the most timely post, and some one may have already asked before, but... Any plans for fang morphs for Universal Anime Head? I had a blast rendering a few scenes with UAH in December before my runtime drive malfunctioned in January. Marvelously fun product! I have your anime props from Content Paradise, as well as your older NearMe sets from Renderosity, and your stuff is always not only top-notch, but fun to work with.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you, Tiggersprings! Wow, you have my stuff from ROSITY? That was over a decade ago! ^0^

I actually created a separate set of Anime teeth for AnimeDoll by the times of RO that had several morphing options, to include shark teeth and fangs. They were supposed to go with my "Manga Xpression Props", but then I split from RO and that never came to be. Let me take a look on the UAH teeth to see if they can support this kind of morph. :)

Thank you, Tiggersprings! Wow, you have my stuff from ROSITY? That was over a decade ago! ^0^

Indeed, I do! Witch Kit has a few of my favorite little magical props in it.

I actually created a separate set of Anime teeth for AnimeDoll by the times of RO that had several morphing options, to include shark teeth and fangs. They were supposed to go with my "Manga Xpression Props", but then I split from RO and that never came to be. Let me take a look on the UAH teeth to see if they can support this kind of morph. :)

That would be really great! With Halloween coming up, I have a couple of ideas for scenes. I'd have to re-create my UAH-body combinations (thanks to drive malfunction), but it should be fairly easy. Once I get the figure "body" in question installed.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
The UAH teeth seems to have plenty of geometry to create the fang morph. I will experiment a bit and see what comes out. ^^