Ken1171's Products at HiveWire3D

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Ken1171, May 3, 2016.

1. NapalmArsenal

NapalmArsenal Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

Those are very very handy!! I like how you can use them on the Adventurer set as well!

2. Ken1171

Ken1171 Distinguished Contributing Artist

Thanks Lyne!! :D

@NapalmArsenal Yes, but in this dress, you can ALSO set the pattern color. ^___^

3. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

I just had a quick thought Ken, and I was wondering if there was a way to have just the dress color without any of the designs? I'm thinking a nice solid color dress with the collar, slits and armhole trims, but haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

Ken1171 likes this.
  4. Ken1171

Simple color is the easiest. The default dress has simple colors when you first load it. You can customize it from there. :)

Alternatively, if you want to preserve the normal and bump maps, you can apply any of the texture presets, and then disconnect whatever is plugged into "diffuse color". You will be left with a plain white dress that you can set to anything you like by just changing the diffuse color. ^^

Miss B likes this.
  5. Miss B

FAN-TASTIC!! :D That'll give so many more options and variety. Very cool. ;)

Ken1171 likes this.
  6. Ken1171

Have fun! ^^

7. Miss B

8. Ken1171

Oh yeah, I saw it and commented on it! ^^

Makes me wonder - this dress is usually made of silk, which has a particular shine to it. I wonder how hard would it be to reproduce that in Poser?

9. Miss B

Hmmmm, Alternate Spec I would think. I like Anisotropic, but that usually works best for a character's lips and nails. I've seen Blinn and Phong used, but I'm not as up on how either of them work. Let me do some experimenting, and I'll let you know what I come up with. ;)

Ken1171 likes this.
  10. Ken1171

Silk is a natural organic fiber, so I think it also has some SSS in it that gives it that translucent shine. Maybe that's what gives it that glowing shine effect. This kind of dress could benefit from a decent silk material - especially when making it single color. ^____^

11. Miss B

True, I just tried both Blinn and Phong, and Blinn didn't do it for me. Phong at 0.65 however, with the bump/normal disconnected, gave me this, though the quick render without the right lighting, doesn't really show it off well. I think this may look more like satin than silk.

CheongsamDressTest.jpg

Hmmmm, I wonder if running it through EZSkin3 might help. I may play with this some more, as I have some PP11 shaders for silk material.

Ken1171 likes this.
  12. Ken1171

This is certainly shinier because of the Phong shader. ^^

13. Miss B

Well I'll play some more tomorrow, as I need to get off here for the night.

Ken1171 likes this.
  14. Hi, Ken.

I'm sorry this isn't the most timely post, and some one may have already asked before, but... Any plans for fang morphs for Universal Anime Head? I had a blast rendering a few scenes with UAH in December before my runtime drive malfunctioned in January. Marvelously fun product! I have your anime props from Content Paradise, as well as your older NearMe sets from Renderosity, and your stuff is always not only top-notch, but fun to work with.

15. Ken1171

Thank you, Tiggersprings! Wow, you have my stuff from ROSITY? That was over a decade ago! ^0^

I actually created a separate set of Anime teeth for AnimeDoll by the times of RO that had several morphing options, to include shark teeth and fangs. They were supposed to go with my "Manga Xpression Props", but then I split from RO and that never came to be. Let me take a look on the UAH teeth to see if they can support this kind of morph. :)

16. Indeed, I do! Witch Kit has a few of my favorite little magical props in it.

That would be really great! With Halloween coming up, I have a couple of ideas for scenes. I'd have to re-create my UAH-body combinations (thanks to drive malfunction), but it should be fairly easy. Once I get the figure "body" in question installed.

17. Ken1171

The UAH teeth seems to have plenty of geometry to create the fang morph. I will experiment a bit and see what comes out. ^^

18. Ken1171

Here it is - instant vampire boy with the UAH. I made the fangs morph for the upper teeth. Would this do? :)

VampireGuy.jpg

Pendraia and tiggersprings like this.
  19. Perfect! And adorable! :D

20. Ken1171

Awesome! How can I send it to you?