• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken1171's Products at HiveWire3D

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
My issue with DS versions is that they just sit in the shelf and don't sell enough to justify themselves. I am already working on a DS version of CatsEyes for Sora, even though my sales reports since 2013 are telling me it's not going to pay off. That's not only disappointing but also discouraging, because I am out of my comfort zone with DS. It takes me much longer to make something for DS, and then it just sits on the shelf. -__-

I buy your DS stuff also and sometimes the Poser versions and convert them myself...I find this really sad though but understand your logic Ken.

I must admit as a DS user I will be buying DS compatible stuff first as I want to support the vendors who do produce for DS and I only have limited funds for spending this year as my husband isn't working any more.

So unfortunately though I love your Super Hero outfit and was really looking forward to it that I won't be able to buy it yet. Maybe down the track though...

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
@Ken1171 ... Just had a thought, would it be possible now that you've built the whole set to "port it over" to Dusk? (And then I get my long wished for gloves for, Dusk too! ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Pendraia Thanks for understanding, Pen. It wasn't an easy decision. :)

@RobZhena THANK YOUUUU! ^____^

@NapalmArsenal About these cutouts, I wish there was a way in Poser to change ONLY the transmap with a preset without affecting all the rest of the materials. That would simplify things a LOT!

@Lyne That should be possible, though gloves, cowls and masks will ever so rarely port to other figures. One thing I can foresee if I do that is that the edge flow from Dawn will NOT work well with Dusk when it comes to body morphs. I would probably have to retopo the body suit, which would probably mean remodeling it altogether. I could possible reuse the same mesh if the porting were from female-to-female.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
@Ken1171 In Poser and Daz all you have to do is select the portion you want to transmap out and just save that portion of the item. If that is what you are getting at.

For example - Eyes All copy.jpg

But you will have to have an order of which you apply the transmap. Apply Materials then apply the transmap.

Off for now I need to hit the road!! Will be back later today.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
When I tried that, the colors, bump, and basically everything else got overwritten - with info that was NOT in my preset. If the preset doesn't have the data, Poser auto-creates its own default values. But then I noticed this is order-dependent, and decided to make multiple presets instead, to make it bullet-proof.

I think the reason why Poser auto-creates default values when they are not in the presets is because of the way it was programmed with object-oriented classes. It uses inheritance to apply presets, which explains why it creates values on its own when we don't include them in a preset - which in this case is a BAD thing. It limits what we can do with presets and creates order dependencies.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Hey Lyne, what a wonderful scene you've put together here. Takes me back to that first scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark!! :D

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you, Alisa! I am certainly having a blast with it. You can see that from the 20 promos I made. There were actually more, but 20 should be enough! Haha ^___^