• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken1171's Products at HiveWire3D

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I got the Adventurer yesterday and converted it to DS. Everything but the boots converted fine with a little smoothing. The boots look a bit ragged round the feet. Spent today doing some texturing, will post some results tomorrow :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Auto-Fit doesn't work well with shoes, boots, head gear, and gloves. I think it's best to use the transfer utility instead, which gives much better control and smoother results, but it may require adjusting the joints afterwards.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Lorraine I have the DS version of the outfit. I can send you, but It's a little buggy with some characters,but maybe you can sort it out? Mostly on the shirt and pants, but the boots should be fine.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Or maybe I should make a DS version. But first I have to learn Shader Mixer, so I can implement EZ-Mat for DS.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I would think it would be a good Idea Ken.

Just saying, sometimes you gotta play both sides of the fence!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have been playing in both sides since 2013 - I just took a break this year. but CatsEyes is already fully working in DS, except for the makeup materials. So far my Poser shaders render beautifully in both Firefly and Superfly without having to do anything specific for SF. I have noticed the CatsEyes materials and Diamond Dress also render nicely in iRay without any changes. I guess I got used to working with PBR materials in Octane for these many years, that I can make universal materials that work in other rendering engines without much sacrifice.

I will have to stop everything at some point and spend some time with Shader Mixer. :)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
LOL!! I need to do that myself at some point !!

I love the EZ mats they are awesome!! I may try and incorporate that in the future with some of my products. Would be kewl to have a version for DS also!!

Ok need to get my butt to work on these readmes and pose packs!!

I will leave you with a little food for thought for the future ! LOL He needs some clothes!! :eek: Would love a fit on the Adventurer at some point!

Poor Taji!!
Taji Recline.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Haha what a cute render! :D I have studied Shader Mixer a bit in the last minutes, and it doesn't look so daunting anymore - except for the ginourmous interface. I will play some more with it after lunch, and maybe I can pull Sora's makeup shaders and EZ-Mat for DS still today. ^^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I think, Ken, a DS version would be great!

My issue with DS versions is that they just sit in the shelf and don't sell enough to justify themselves. I am already working on a DS version of CatsEyes for Sora, even though my sales reports since 2013 are telling me it's not going to pay off. That's not only disappointing but also discouraging, because I am out of my comfort zone with DS. It takes me much longer to make something for DS, and then it just sits on the shelf. -__-

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I am actually happy QAV took this long to check it because it's a BIG package that took half a year to make. It's also my FIRST outfit to fully support body scaling natively.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
It's really color-based on top of a normal map, so you can set any MAT zone to anything you like. Even easier than EZ-MAT. ^^