• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken1171's Products at HiveWire3D

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you so much for that, I reset Poser and Windows to the original settings and the Make Metal box displays correctly.

So the update v1.1.2 fixes the issue, right? Thanks for the feedback. I will submit the update to the store. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
Awesome! Please leave a positive review at the product page if you find it useful. That is more helpful than it seems. :)
More than happy to leave a review, which I have done for all the scripts I have purchased so far, I even reviewed the CKV-01 outfit which, as you know, I have used extensively for years now. I forgot I had not reviewed it as I had not purchased it from Rendo initially so I guess it is a question of better late than never.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
More than happy to leave a review, which I have done for all the scripts I have purchased so far, I even reviewed the CKV-01 outfit which, as you know, I have used extensively for years now. I forgot I had not reviewed it as I had not purchased it from Rendo initially so I guess it is a question of better late than never.
Thank you! ^___^/

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Hi folks,

This is a notification for those who have purchased my "MAT Edit P12" script for Poser 12. I have submitted update v1.20.0 to Renderosity and Poser Software stores tonight, adding support for changes introduced in Poser 13 materials that was just released today. Once they process the update, you will receive an email notification from Renderosity or Poser Software store letting you know the update is ready for download.

Keep an eye on your email for the store notification when the update v1.20.0 will become available, so you can use MAT Edit in Poser 13 with all the changes they did to the materials. Depending on how long Rendo will take to process the update, you should be getting the email notification at any time now. ^___^

Hornet3d

Wise
Hi folks,

This is a notification for those who have purchased my "MAT Edit P12" script for Poser 12. I have submitted update v1.20.0 to Renderosity and Poser Software stores tonight, adding support for changes introduced in Poser 13 materials that was just released today. Once they process the update, you will receive an email notification from Renderosity or Poser Software store letting you know the update is ready for download.

Keep an eye on your email for the store notification when the update v1.20.0 will become available, so you can use MAT Edit in Poser 13 with all the changes they did to the materials. Depending on how long Rendo will take to process the update, you should be getting the email notification at any time now. ^___^
Thank you for the information and the update, I will look out for it.

Hornet3d

Wise
I have just purchased the ScriptAutoLauncher for Poser 12 which I managed to get working after first running Poser as Administrator. Point is I am now using Poser 13 and there is a slight interaction with the new launcher depending on the scene either GoPhysical or IK Manager throws a wobbly. The GoPhysical generates an error box and IK Manger sometimes complaining about figure no using the correct naming convention. I understand that this is because either no figure of an incorrect figure is selected as they try an launch.

I am not complaining, it would be unfair if I did as it does say that the script is for Poser 12 and written at a time when the launcher was probably not even thought of. I raise this only as an observation of the interaction so that you are aware.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Hey Ken. Do you know if the in program installer in Poser will have an update notice?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
GoPhysical generates an error box.
Hi Hornet3D, could you please show me what error message it displays? That helps fixing it. :)

IK Manger sometimes complaining about figure no using the correct naming convention.
This is normal. The IK Manager relies on figures using the expected IK chain names used in Poser. That's the only way Python has to identify them, which is kind of flaky, but it's what we have. I offer a checkbox choice to stop showing the message because it can be annoying. The bottom line is that if the figure uses random names to identify the IK chains, the script will not be able to identify them, and there is nothing I can do about it.

**PS: Just to clarify, when content creators make a new figure, Poser gives them no clue on how to properly name IK chains - it accepts anything. However, Python scripts can only access them by name. If the names are not the expected standard ones used in Poser, the script has no way of knowing what they control (arms, legs, etc...). Poser can identify them, but not from Python. That's when you see the "non-standard name" error message.

Since Poser allows anything when naming IK chains, some people just put gibberish names there. It's the same that would happen when people put non-standard names on figure bones - it still works in Poser, but it won't work with any pose presets we have in our libraries, and symmetry will also not work with it. Either people follow Poser standards, or they don't. In this case, with IK chains, I don't even think they knew there was an expected naming convention, since Poser won't give any clues when making a new figure.

Hope this helps understanding why the IK Manager won't work with figures that use non-standard (gibberish) IK chain names. :)

Hey Ken. Do you know if the in program installer in Poser will have an update notice?
Hi Richard! What "in program installer" would that be? :)

Last edited:

Hornet3d

Wise
Hi Hornet3D, could you please show me what error message it displays? That helps fixing it. :)

This is normal. The IK Manager relies on figures using the expected IK chain names used in Poser. That's the only way Python has to identify them, which is kind of flaky, but it's what we have. I offer a checkbox choice to stop showing the message because it can be annoying. The bottom line is that if the figure uses random names to identify the IK chains, the script will not be able to identify them, and there is nothing I can do about it.

**PS: Just to clarify, when content creators make a new figure, Poser gives them no clue on how to properly name IK chains - it accepts anything. However, Python scripts can only access them by name. If the names are not the expected standard ones used in Poser, the script has no way of knowing what they control (arms, legs, etc...). Poser can identify them, but not from Python. That's when you see the "non-standard name" error message.

Since Poser allows anything when naming IK chains, some people just put gibberish names there. It's the same that would happen when people put non-standard names on figure bones - it still works in Poser, but it won't work with any pose presets we have in our libraries, and symmetry will also not work with it. Either people follow Poser standards, or they don't. In this case, with IK chains, I don't even think they knew there was an expected naming convention, since Poser won't give any clues when making a new figure.

Hope this helps understanding why the IK Manager won't work with figures that use non-standard (gibberish) IK chain names. :)

Hi Richard! What "in program installer" would that be? :)
Thanks for that, I understand what you are saying and IKManager may not be in placed in the ScriptAutoLauncher by many users anyway. My reason for having it was primarily Quick Cam and Light Dots and they work fine.

I will recreate the problem with GoPhysical and supply you with the error message.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
What about Skin Edit? Are you going to update it to handle the new Physical Surface node?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Has your fix gone live yet?

Yes, Jenn has confirmed the update is live now. There will be another one soon to add support for copy & pasting MAT zones that contain more than 1 composite node. Current version can only handle a single one per MAT zone. :)

What about Skin Edit? Are you going to update it to handle the new Physical Surface node?

I believe Skin Edit may not be affected by changes on the P13 Physical Surface. Only scripts that mess with SSS will be affected. Have you found any errors when using it?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Nope. I have minimal luck on it.

I have checked "Go Physical" and found no issues with it on P13. Also checked "SkinEdit", and got no errors, but the SSS channels are not applying, which makes sense since the root node has changed. I will look into this today. :)

**Update: the SSS channels in SkinEdit are applying in Poser 13, but the shader is not updating. If we select another material and then go back, the values are applied. It's working and no changes are needed. ^____^

Last edited: