• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken1171's Products at HiveWire3D

Hornet3d

Wise
So far they all work with it. I actually have a new script that will only work in Poser 13 because it uses a new feature that was just added to it. There is no saying what will change in P13, though. We'll have to wait and see. :)
Thank you for the information, I guess I will have to wait for Poser 13. I love the scripts but I have lost loads that I came to use on a daily bases as so many failed to work in the latest version of Poser over the years.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you for the information, I guess I will have to wait for Poser 13. I love the scripts but I have lost loads that I came to use on a daily bases as so many failed to work in the latest version of Poser over the years.

I believe it's safe to say that scripts that deal with props, lights, cameras, materials and poses are safe in P13. It's the figure rigging that will change, and chances are this will only be added in later updates. The moment they change the rigging, everything else in Poser would instantly stop working. So I think they will start changing the things around first, leaving the rigging for last. This way it will be possible to release Poser 13 in incremental upgrades. Conversely, if they did the rigging first, they couldn't have a working version until everything else was fixed. That's why my bet is that unimesh will only come last.

Hornet3d

Wise
I believe it's safe to say that scripts that deal with props, lights, cameras, materials and poses are safe in P13. It's the figure rigging that will change, and chances are this will only be added in later updates. The moment they change the rigging, everything else in Poser would instantly stop working. So I think they will start changing the things around first, leaving the rigging for last. This way it will be possible to release Poser 13 in incremental upgrades. Conversely, if they did the rigging first, they couldn't have a working version until everything else was fixed. That's why my bet is that unimesh will only come last.

Thanks again for the information, I am being cautious not only because my spending for Poser is very much reduced due to what is generally called the cost of living crisis in the UK but then there is also getting used to using a script that then ceases to work. I had a very good work process some years ago that used a lot of add-ons but over the years more and more have stopped working. Due to this I had fallen back on using Poser as it is out of the box as it were, or at least I had until your scripts arrived of the scene. I have many of them already although, being a Poser user rather than a Vendor, not the full set. I can certainly make use of the Go Physical script and would also find Quick Cam useful.

I think I will see if a can squeeze a little out of the Poser 13 fund I am trying to build and treat myself to a Christmas present of a couple of scripts, so thank you very much.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I had a very good work process some years ago that used a lot of add-ons but over the years more and more have stopped working. Due to this I had fallen back on using Poser as it is out of the box as it were, or at least I had until your scripts arrived of the scene.

The same happened to me - I became too dependent on scripts from Dimension3D, Netherworks, and ShaderWorks. It became quite frustrating not having them in Poser 12. I was talking to Netherworks to see if he could do something, but he was being hired by a large company, and lost interest in Poser altogether. I have lost contact with him ever since. The only other guy I knew personally was Ralf Sesseler (D3D), but he had passed away a while earlier. There was literally nobody left.

It was a similar situation when vendors left HW, and there was nobody left to create the body shapes I wanted for Dawn - I had to do them myself. In this case, it just happens I was a programmer, and I was already moving to Python a few months earlier (due to AI developments and the end of Flash). I didn't know Python good enough to make scripts, but again, I didn't know sculpting good enough to create body shapes - but if I didn't do it, nobody would.

It was a steep learning curve, but it was worth it, because I saw it as an opportunity. It was yet another case where everybody left, and I had to carry the burden myself. In the beginning I really started to hate Python, but now I just love it for what it is. It doesn't care for industry standards, and does things its own way. It's a pain, but I have learned to respect it. As I predicted back in 2019, Python has become the most used language in the world, now surpassing even Java and JS. It has become a very valuable skill to have now, and in the foreseeable future. :D

Hornet3d

Wise
The same happened to me - I became too dependent on scripts from Dimension3D, Netherworks, and ShaderWorks. It became quite frustrating not having them in Poser 12. I was talking to Netherworks to see if he could do something, but he was being hired by a large company, and lost interest in Poser altogether. I have lost contact with him ever since. The only other guy I knew personally was Ralf Sesseler (D3D), but he had passed away a while earlier. There was literally nobody left.

It was a similar situation when vendors left HW, and there was nobody left to create the body shapes I wanted for Dawn - I had to do them myself. In this case, it just happens I was a programmer, and I was already moving to Python a few months earlier (due to AI developments and the end of Flash). I didn't know Python good enough to make scripts, but again, I didn't know sculpting good enough to create body shapes - but if I didn't do it, nobody would.

It was a steep learning curve, but it was worth it, because I saw it as an opportunity. It was yet another case where everybody left, and I had to carry the burden myself. In the beginning I really started to hate Python, but now I just love it for what it is. It doesn't care for industry standards, and does things its own way. It's a pain, but I have learned to respect it. As I predicted back in 2019, Python has become the most used language in the world, now surpassing even Java and JS. It has become a very valuable skill to have now, and in the foreseeable future. :D

I am really glad you took the time and the trouble to write those you have, as I said I have a number of your scripts and they are all the scripts I use other than a couple of free ones from SnarlyGribbly and those included with Poser12. It certainly makes using Poser a lot easier, the only problem I have is remembering how they all work but then that is an age thing and at least the way each script works is consistent.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
~Secret Kitten for Poser 12~

This is a Python script for Poser 12, and requires version 12.0.1029 or later.

And now for something completely different... this is the very first VIDEO GAME ever made for Poser! You can play it while waiting for a long background render, or just for the FUN of it. ^___^

Promo_000_300x350_SecretKitten.jpg

Available at Renderosity and Poser Software stores.

Promo_000_1000x1200_SecretKitten.jpg

It’s a variation of Hangman, where you try different letters to unveil a secret word. Here are some of the main features:

Promo_01_768x1024_SecretKitten.jpg

The game has a rich vocabulary of 1,600 words, and a nifty collection of 400 cute kitten images. You see a new one every time you win a match.

Promo_02_768x1024_SecretKitten.jpg

You are given a certain number of tries to unveil the secret word, which varies depending on its length. The secret words and kitten images never repeat in the same session, that is, until you close the game. They are then randomized next time the game is launched, so every game is unique.

Promo_03_768x1024_SecretKitten.jpg

The game keeps track of your progress, score, and even your winning streaks (number of consecutive wins). Your score is preserved between sessions, but you can reset it at any time by double-clicking it. It keeps track of the letters you have already tried, and reminds you when you type a repeated one.

Like most of my scripts, you can play it as a floating panel, dock it anywhere into the Poser interface, or disable auto-docking altogether by toggling it off. There are informative tooltips on all controls, so you always know what they do, and their possible options. The Status box displays all game messages, special keys and automations you can perform during game play. For example, if you press the “UP” key, the game automatically tries all vowels for you, which can save time and effort when playing this game.

This is the FIRST time a video game was released for Poser, and I am eager to see how the community will receive it. I hope you will love playing it as much as I loved making it. ^____^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
~Runtime Organizer for Poser 12~

This is a new Python script for Poser 12 that allows managing and organizing your Poser list of external runtimes with more options than is allowed by the existing Poser library tools. Besides adding/removing runtimes to/from your library, you can also edit the order of each runtime in the list, sort it alphabetically it, and auto-remove invalid paths.

Promo_000_300x350_RuntimeOrganizer.jpg

Here are some of the main features:

Promo_000_1000x1200_RuntimeOrganizer.jpg

I made the interface as practical and self-explanatory as possible. Some buttons have double-functions, which we can check from the tooltips that explain what each control does. An additional feature is the 1-click ability of removing invalid runtimes.

Promo_01_768x1024_RuntimeOrganizer.jpg

One of my favorite features is sorting all runtimes alphabetically, making things quicker to find. In my personal runtime, I first alphabetize the list, and then move my most used runtimes to the top, and the least used to the bottom. This makes it the most efficient to me, personally.

Promo_02_768x1024_RuntimeOrganizer.jpg

Some runtimes are reserved to Poser 12 and can be moved, but not removed. Some are tied to the embedded store, like "Purchases" and "Downloads", while "Included" is where the bundled content is saved at. And of course, we cannot remove the main "Poser 12" runtime either. Those can be moved up or down, but cannot be removed.

Promo_03_768x1024_RuntimeOrganizer.jpg

Once you are done with changes, just press the SAVE button at the bottom - it highlights when any changes are done. From this point on, the list of library runtimes becomes LOCKED, and we have to restart Poser to see the results. It will be automatically unlocked next time Poser is started. You don't have to remember any of this, because once we save the changes, the script will remind us that the runtimes list in the library has been locked, and that we have to restart Poser to see the changes.

If you have many external runtimes, this is the tool to neatly organize them to your liking, making finding them quicker and easier.

Hornet3d

Wise
I have just purchased the Go Physical script which works well with one exception, when I try the Make Metal get the box with the Roughness and Metallic sliders but there is no Color, OK or cancel buttons shown. I installed using the purchases tab on the library and have tried re launching Poser and also reinstalling but the Make Metal window remains the same. I have read the PDF instructions and cannot see where I am going wrong. Any suggestions?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
You mean this dialog? Are you saying the color swatch and the 2 buttons are not showing? If so, what Windows version are you in, and also which Poser version?

1676859492636.png

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Have you change the screen scale at all? Either by using a resolution other than the preferred, increasing things in Windows itself, or by increasing the UI in Poser? I have no problem with the script, checked it myself after you posted.

Anyway, I found a similar problem when I'd adjusted windows and Poser, to scales other than the default 100%. When I reset the scales to default the script looked fine and I could use it.

Hornet3d

Wise
Have you change the screen scale at all? Either by using a resolution other than the preferred, increasing things in Windows itself, or by increasing the UI in Poser? I have no problem with the script, checked it myself after you posted.

Anyway, I found a similar problem when I'd adjusted windows and Poser, to scales other than the default 100%. When I reset the scales to default the script looked fine and I could use it.

Thank you for your input.

I don't doubt that the problem is with my system rather than a problem with the script. I have changed the UI scaling in Poser, for my system it is set at 1.6 but that is not the issue as I have tried 1.0, 1.3, 1.5 and 2.0 (restarting Poser on each occasion) and it does not change what I am seeing in Go Physical. For Windows I am using the resolution recommended by Windows but I also changed that with the same result.

Hornet3d

Wise
Sorry Ken1171 and Sunfire but thank you for your input. The issue is my settings in Windows, I forgot that, in addition to the display resolution Windows 10 also has a scale setting for texts, apps and the like. The recommended setting is 200% and it is this that is truncating the Make metal box abnd setting it to 100% solves the issue. Sadly it makes Windows unusable for me but a fait compromise appears to be 150% as I can still read the Windows texts and get a full make metal diag.

Once again, sorry for raising the issue.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Ah Ok, so the issue was with pixel scaling in Windows? I am looking at the code, and maybe there is something I can do about that. Give me some time to look into this.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Don't put yourself out too much, I have it working now.

Thanks

It's easy for me to forget to include support for pixel scaling when I have a 2K monitor, where scaling is not needed. If I scale to 200%, Poser no longer fits on the screen. However, the main script panel supports pixel scaling, but I forgot to add support for the Make Metal dialog. I have fixed it in update v1.1.2, and sent you a new installer for testing. Please check your messages. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
~MAT Tiler for Poser 12~

This is a Python script for Poser 12. Requires Poser 12.0.1029 or later.

Promo_000_300x350_MATTiler.jpg

This is a tool to automate working with seamless textures in Poser. It offers easy tiling, with extra controls to compensate for non-uniform object scaling, auto-fixing texture stretching, and also texture offsetting to create texture variations or alignments. Here are some of the main features:

Promo_000_1000x1200_MATTiler.jpg

You can tile seamless textures over multiple MAT zones, as shown below:

Promo_01_768x1024_MATTiler.jpg

We can auto-fix seamless texture stretching when objects are scaled non-uniformly. That is, scaling objects from individual axes, like Z scaling shown below. The tool automatically calculates the required parameters to remove the seamless texture distortions based on the object scaling.

Promo_02_768x1024_MATTiler.jpg

The auto-fixing of non-uniform scaling can be used (for example) to create a wall and pillar out of a cube by scaling it in specific axes as shown below. The tool can fix the seamless texture distortions automatically.

Promo_03_768x1024_MATTiler.jpg

And finally, the tool can also control texture offsetting on individual X, Y, and Z axes. Texture maps have only width and height, so the Z axis (depth) only applies to procedural shaders made with shader nodes. In the example below, we align the wall texture to the ground plane by shifting all textures from the material down by 10%.

Promo_04_768x1024_MATTiler.jpg

Texture offset can also be used to give different looks to materials that use the same textures, adding variety. This offers a complete workflow for tiling, fixing texture stretching, and offsetting all seamless textures from your materials with just a few clicks, without going to the Material Room.

For a full demonstration of all features, please watch the video below:

Hornet3d

Wise
It's easy for me to forget to include support for pixel scaling when I have a 2K monitor, where scaling is not needed. If I scale to 200%, Poser no longer fits on the screen. However, the main script panel supports pixel scaling, but I forgot to add support for the Make Metal dialog. I have fixed it in update v1.1.2, and sent you a new installer for testing. Please check your messages. :)

Thank you so much for that, I reset Poser and Windows to the original settings and the Make Metal box displays correctly.