• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken Gilliland's Products In Renders

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Here is old Scruffy going for a swim in the dark parts of Norway's Fjordland waters.

ScruffySwim.jpg

Two minutes cooking on Octane. No postwork at all, although I really should have spent more time on the bubbles in ZBrush, but it's a Sunday afternoon and I need to get outside right now with my friends! As it is, the bubbles are in three layers behind, in front and middle of Scruffy to give some impression of depth and refraction. Chat later. :)

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I did a fun render, Scruffy the head waiter ready to welcome guests at the Kenguin Club.

ScruffyWaiter.jpg

I did this in about an hour, all ZBrush. Morphed his beak into a snooty nose and did the clothes and napkin as extracts, sent them from ZBrush to Poser and rendered in Octane.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I think this is one of those times it's all a personal preference. All 3 versions are really nice, but for me, the last one. The-hunt-1, is the one I like the best.

My reasoning is, even though you did a nice job of the atmosphere/fog in the first 2, I think it's a bit overwhelming. In the last render, there's just enough fog to give the viewer the feeling of the scene's atmosphere, without it blocking out too much of the rest of the scene.

Carey

Extraordinary
I think this is one of those times it's all a personal preference. All 3 versions are really nice, but for me, the last one. The-hunt-1, is the one I like the best.

My reasoning is, even though you did a nice job of the atmosphere/fog in the first 2, I think it's a bit overwhelming. In the last render, there's just enough fog to give the viewer the feeling of the scene's atmosphere, without it blocking out too much of the rest of the scene.
Yea, that would be my choice, but I was getting opinions other wise, I did this to show that I doing a lot of experimenting with light, I rendered this one at least twenty times

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yea, that would be my choice, but I was getting opinions other wise, I did this to show that I doing a lot of experimenting with light, I rendered this one at least twenty times
Yes, lighting, at least to me, is one of the most important parts of a good render, and at least for me, sometimes one of the hardest to get just right.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm in a different camp :wink:

I originally liked The Hunt 3 best, but when I opened all three images in separate tabs and switched back and forth between them ... turned out I liked The Hunt the best. The sky and the birds are a wee bit brighter in the The Hunt compared to The Hunt 3, which makes both stand out a bit.

I love the orange/yellow coloring to the fog in the first two.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I like the last one best, for the same reasons as Miss B. But I would probably have boosted the contrast of it a small bit as well.