• Welcome to the new Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that for security purposes our store and forum are on two separate servers so you will require a separate login for each. The store will ask you for your Real Name (WILL NOT BE displayed to the public) and the forum will ask you for a User Name (WILL BE displayed to the public). You may use the same email address and password for both.
  • We are having some issues with our customized styles. The forum will be open with the default style until we can correct the issues. Thank you for your patience.
  • Welcome, Guest! The results are in for the "Spin to Win" Render Challenge! Come check out the final gallery!

Ken Gilliland's Products In Renders

Carey

Extraordinary
Yes. You can post your images elsewhere... I think it's a silly rule that you wouldn't be able to do that since part of my objective is to get people to actual use and render my birds (in turn, those viewing the renders might get excited about birds and maybe think about loving and protecting them).
I travel about town with three of my parrots that I have trained for ten years, I educate people about birds and why they should be enjoyed in the wild, not caged, especially birds of the macaw and cockatoo families, I know my trained birds make people want them, but I explain about the time it took to train them and show them why the frustration they feel in not having the life they were meant to live always hounds them!!!

Stezza

Extraordinary
Pigeons are pretty good spotters as well..
The Coast Guard intends to spend $146,000 over the next two years to train a "rescue squab" of pigeons to find people lost at sea.

A Navy report just released says that in experiments, pigeons strapped on a helicopter outdid Coast Guard air crews every time in spotting objects tossing on the ocean's surface.

Story here

Carey

Extraordinary
Pigeons are pretty good spotters as well..
The Coast Guard intends to spend $146,000 over the next two years to train a "rescue squab" of pigeons to find people lost at sea.

A Navy report just released says that in experiments, pigeons strapped on a helicopter outdid Coast Guard air crews every time in spotting objects tossing on the ocean's surface.

Story here
Okay, I'm lost at sea for three days, suddenly a pigeon lands on my shoulder and starts cooing, now I am torn, do I try to write a message and tie it to the pigeons leg or have squab for lunch...lol

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I bought Kens Penguins (I call them Kenguins ;)) a few days ago. First render of an Emperor Penguin diving. The bubbles are one from Badkings splash set and the water surface is a Plane that I applied an alpha on to give a slight turbulent look. The lighting is a cold winter sky HDRI.

Kenguin1.jpg