• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken Gilliland's Products In Renders

Another experiment exploring Ken Gilliland's "Songbird ReMix" in DAZ Studio and Iray. This time I converted the 44 free extra songbird characters that Ken Gilliland provides on his website to Iray. Then I created a 150 bird flock using "UltraScatter Advanced Instancing for Daz Studio". No post work

freebirds03.jpg

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Thank you for all the kindness and inspiration.
Tonight's experiment continues exploring Ken Gilliland's "SBRM Birds of Prey Vol 4 Mini-Set - Crested Eagles" in DAZ Studio and Iray. This time I wanted to try something more graphical with the Mountain Hawk-eagle model

View attachment 37534

very nice

would do well in Kens yearly render comp I'd reckon :)

Jan

Adventurous
Rae, is that Platypus the new AM one at Daz? I have the old Codeman Studio one, still good but comes into Poser huge and if I use it, has to be scaled down. They are not big animals. Great idea using Ken's Kiwi Burrow looks a natural habitat for a Platypus. Oh for a Wombat though, I need one for Poser. :cry:

Good image.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Jan, yes its AM's new one, it has 2 LAMH settings a normal coat and a slightly longer one so I think it might be DS only. And it is quite small (I think it would be "life size" when a human is in the scene). I thought the Kiwi Burrow would be perfect and I was right :D

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder