• Welcome to the new Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that for security purposes our store and forum are on two separate servers so you will require a separate login for each. The store will ask you for your Real Name (WILL NOT BE displayed to the public) and the forum will ask you for a User Name (WILL BE displayed to the public). You may use the same email address and password for both.
  • We are having some issues with our customized styles. The forum will be open with the default style until we can correct the issues. Thank you for your patience.
  • Welcome, Guest! A new Community Volunteers "Spin to Win" Render Challenge is now open! Come on in, spin some dials and enter your renders! We look forward to seeing you there!

Ken Gilliland's Products In Renders

Hornet3d

Distinguished
Thanks again for all the kindness and for making me feel welcomed at Hivewire

I thought I would share tonight's experiment with "Vampire Bat by AM" and the Barn Owl from "SBRM Owls of the World Volume 1" in DAZ Studio and Iray. No post work

View attachment 37602

What a stunning set of renders, I love the style.

Everyone is welcome here at Hivewire but anyone who can produce the renders you do should be welcome anywhere.

Jan

Eager
Awesome Image Mininessie. The underwater bit looks great, love the fish and the splash of the water as the Kingfisher dives. Great job.

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
thanks! :) really would need a bit more of bubbles and splash to be more realistic..but then the kingfisher would be not seen clearly!

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
nice work! What I've used for splashes is Nerd3D's "Splash Tool". The product promo art doesn't really do it justice. The tool has hundreds of variants and can be animated. Here's a couple examples of it in my renders...

In this image I used it to make the "take-off" splashes with the western grebe. You can see my use of the variable splashes here

westerngrebe.jpg

and obviously used in the fish catch.

BaldEagle2.jpg