• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken Gilliland's Products In Renders

Hornet3d

Wise
Thanks again for all the kindness and for making me feel welcomed at Hivewire

I thought I would share tonight's experiment with "Vampire Bat by AM" and the Barn Owl from "SBRM Owls of the World Volume 1" in DAZ Studio and Iray. No post work

View attachment 37602

What a stunning set of renders, I love the style.

Everyone is welcome here at Hivewire but anyone who can produce the renders you do should be welcome anywhere.

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I wanted to do this image since a few years ago..but had not the Kingfisher till now....not just how i liked to do it but near.

Jan

Adventurous
Awesome Image Mininessie. The underwater bit looks great, love the fish and the splash of the water as the Kingfisher dives. Great job.

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
thanks! :) really would need a bit more of bubbles and splash to be more realistic..but then the kingfisher would be not seen clearly!

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
nice work! What I've used for splashes is Nerd3D's "Splash Tool". The product promo art doesn't really do it justice. The tool has hundreds of variants and can be animated. Here's a couple examples of it in my renders...

In this image I used it to make the "take-off" splashes with the western grebe. You can see my use of the variable splashes here

westerngrebe.jpg

and obviously used in the fish catch.

BaldEagle2.jpg