• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken Gilliland's Products In Renders

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Thanks mininessie :)

This was a purr- fectly fun render to do!

Credits:

Nature's Wonders Dragonflies & Damselflies (Keeled Skimmer-F) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

HiveWire House Cat by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D
HiveWire Kitten by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D
CWRW Orange Tabbies for the HW House Cat by CWRW at HiveWire3D

HiveWire Big Cat by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D
HiveWire Cougar by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D
HiveWire Cub by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D

Jungle Grasses & Flowers by Lisa's Botanicals at HiveWire 3D

Big Cat-Little Cat

Big Cat-Little Cat.jpg

TaishoBee

Adventurous
@Ken Gilliland I went to your website for the manual on creating a Macaw and your site has been injected with something. It redirected me to a scam site, I just thought I'd let you know! Guess I'm going to have to wait to use my bird, haha!

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
@Ken Gilliland I went to your website for the manual on creating a Macaw and your site has been injected with something. It redirected me to a scam site, I just thought I'd let you know! Guess I'm going to have to wait to use my bird, haha!

The website is okay now... I reloaded the entire site last night.... it was hacked a couple days ago (a little unnerving because I was very complicated passwords). The hacker was pretty clever, adding some JS to select HTML files. the code was written in such a way that it would only sometimes redirect the user to a scam site and would never do that for me (so I wouldn't notice).... in any case the website is safe now and I'll be checking it daily to make sure it stays that way.

btw... the pdf manual is in your product download zip... look in the readme/ken gilliland/ subfolder

Last edited:

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
UGH!! So sorry this happened to you, Ken. These people are scum..

Hornet3d

Wise
The website is okay now... I reloaded the entire site last night.... it was hacked a couple days ago (a little unnerving because I was very complicated passwords). The hacker was pretty clever, adding some JS to select HTML files. the code was written in such a way that it would only sometimes redirect the user to a scam site and would never do that for me (so I wouldn't notice).... in any case the website is safe now and I'll be checking it daily to make sure it stays that way.

btw... the pdf manual is in your product download zip... look in the readme/ken gilliland/ subfolder

Glad you managed to sort it without too much damage. I do wonder about the mentality of the sort of people that do this sort of thing.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Glad you managed to sort it without too much damage. I do wonder about the mentality of the sort of people that do this sort of thing.

As for mentality, I don't think it was a personal attack against me-- I'm guessing some script, through blunt force, unlocked my ftp server and then another script was written to add the code to every html file on site. Their goal was to remain undetected by only randomly hijacking a page now and then. Last night after, TaishoBee's post I checked my ftp server and some of the html files. My antivirus (bitdefender) immediately detected the hijacked page as something I shouldn't go to. I'm sure, continuing on, despite warnings, to the hijacked page might have introduced malicious code-- so I'm sorry to anyone who ventured that far.

It is surprising to me that anyone would spend the effort they did to hack my site considering it usually has very little traffic on it.

Update 11/12/17: I found how I got hacked about a week ago and thought I would pass along the information... if you own/rent a router make sure it has the latest firmware in it. There's a a wave of hacks (such as KRACK) on vulnerable areas on routers (particularly with ASUS routers) and android phones (w/OS 6+) over the last 6 month . Uploading the latest firmware will solve these problems.

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It is surprising to me that anyone would spend the effort they did to hack my site considering it usually has very little traffic on it.
I was thinking the same thing as I was reading your post. I can see something like that being tried on a busy site, but folks probably don't go to your site unless they're redirected to it, say from our forums, or your store here at HW.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE

Could be, like the hack on HW a few years back, just a random one. They weren't targeting us specifically either.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
A number of years ago, the same thing was done to my old gallery site. Now come on ... I had very few visitors to that site. Which makes me wonder just who has the time to wander around randomly to little known (unknown) sites just to play havoc with a few people. Makes more sense that it might be an evil robot, rather than a person, wandering around.

I found out about it when Google blocked it as unsafe.

Hornet3d

Wise
It may be random but someone, somewhere down the line has to get this thing started without any care on the damage it might do and where. I still don't get the mindset.

eclark1894

Visionary
As for mentality, I don't think it was a personal attack against me-- I'm guessing some script, through blunt force, unlocked my ftp server and then another script was written to add the code to every html file on site. Their goal was to remain undetected by only randomly hijacking a page now and then. Last night after, TaishoBee's post I checked my ftp server and some of the html files. My antivirus (bitdefender) immediately detected the hijacked page as something I shouldn't go to. I'm sure, continuing on, despite warnings, to the hijacked page might have introduced malicious code-- so I'm sorry to anyone who ventured that far.

I keep duplicates of all the files on my server. Couldn't you just delete the infected page and upload a new one? Or am I missing something obvious?

Oop. Never mind, just read the previous post.