• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken Gilliland's Products In Renders

Carey

Extraordinary
As usual I had fun here, I always found it very scary as a child that a little girl would willing go into the woods to grandmothers house alone...unless she had a secret weapon....lol

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I used to love walking the pine plantation across the road from my grandfathers holiday house to my friends house on the other side. It was beautiful (especially after a rain where it would smell divine) if I walked the edge trails, but I had such a great imagination that if I walked the middle trails which were very dark I would start to imagine all sorts of things chasing me, it was quite scary (especially if you walked through a spiders web). I think those days were the days I could have won a world record in sprinting :p

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I grew up on a farm that had a pine plantation over the paddocks from the house. It was where two creeks met at one end, and fenced at the other. The creeks flowed either side from top to bottom, narrowing the land as they got closer to each other. So we kids called it 'the island' and spent most of our summer holidays and weekends there, building huts and playing explorers. It was a bit like Swallows and Amazons without the boats. A small place the birds and wildlife and three children could call their own, a magic place, now long gone, the pine, willows, punga trees cut down, the land converted to pasture, the swamp drained, the creeks now only drains, the animals and birdlife and the three children grown and gone.

Last edited:

Carey

Extraordinary
Chris, one of the really big problems with cockatoo's is their intelligence level. I may have cockatoo's, but If I had any power at all cockatoo's would not be kept as pets. I would hate to part with mine, but if there was a way to return them to the wild, I would. They are too intelligent to be kept in cages.. From what I have seen of the Kea, they are just plain too smart for their own good...lol The larger Parrots are not chickens, they are wild animals, they have the same emotional make up as a human. Ah darn it you got me going....

birds are amazing no doubt about it!!!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
LOL! Pen.... I doubt it, they have the panther bumfuzzeled (my own coined word).... I tried to have the Panther 'chittering' like cats do when they are focused on a bird... :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
lol...iiirc it was the lovebirds that caused all the birds to attack...so I believe your fun fact no worries.