• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken Gilliland's Products In Renders

Carey

Extraordinary
Sweet, and love the comments - your birds sound amazing!
This week end is the blues fest...Casper Our other Umbrella gets to dance with all the pretty girls and draws large crowds just being totally Casper, He has a personality that lights up a room. They amazed me at least once a week...

Carey

Extraordinary
... I purchased a field guide a few months back with the idea I might some day do some...

I hope all that comes after you come up with a few birds I am looking for...like grouse, prairie chickens as well all the different breeds of pigeons like Indian Fantails, Jacobins, helmets, tumblers and then an Umbrella Cockatoo, a Mullikan Cockatoo, A Secretary bird, a minor bird, a crowned crane, a mocking bird, a Caraway, a meadow lark...you know just to name a few, I have a complete list if you like. Course there are a few lizards I would like too. Did I tell how much I like your work...lol

My point is I have tried and tried to do something with my vast collection of dinosaurs and I just don't seem to have a feel for dinosaurs, They always come out looking pretty lame...I'll tell you what, you put in a few more years doing birds and then we'll talk about you doing some dinosaurs....lol

Szark

Awesome
well you all went and inspired me to whip out Vue and play with making a strange looking bird with a lizard's tail. :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
with my vast collection of dinosaurs and I just don't seem to have a feel for dinosaurs, They always come out looking pretty lame...

I have a ton (pun intended) of dinos...and plan to do some current images like the one's I did a LONG time ago....
I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread...(scroll DOWN that page) sooo aside from Dinoraul's Archaeopteryx, early birds would be so fun! :)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I couldn't resist that Archaeopteryx. I even managed to use it once in the Tarot deck. I couldn't resist Sixus1's Meowl either, though I haven't come up with anything to use it in yet.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I couldn't resist that Archaeopteryx. I even managed to use it once in the Tarot deck. I couldn't resist Sixus1's Meowl either, though I haven't come up with anything to use it in yet.

I couldn't resist Meowl either but like you, he hasn't made it into a render yet. So very cute :)

Szark

Awesome
soon, just putting the finishing touches done, render tonight, postwork tomorrow. You know I don't do quick images. :p

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I hope all that comes after you come up with a few birds I am looking for...like grouse, prairie chickens as well all the different breeds of pigeons like Indian Fantails, Jacobins, helmets, tumblers and then an Umbrella Cockatoo, a Mullikan Cockatoo, A Secretary bird, a minor bird, a crowned crane, a mocking bird, a Caraway, a meadow lark...you know just to name a few, I have a complete list if you like. Course there are a few lizards I would like too. Did I tell how much I like your work...lol

My point is I have tried and tried to do something with my vast collection of dinosaurs and I just don't seem to have a feel for dinosaurs, They always come out looking pretty lame...I'll tell you what, you put in a few more years doing birds and then we'll talk about you doing some dinosaurs....lol

Some of the birds mentioned are on my waiting list... and my list (that isn't currently in set projects) is over 100 species strong. As far as Australian birds, the Cockatoos probably have the best chance of being made. I do want to do the Prairie Chicken to illustrate it's dwindling numbers here in the US-- that would be probably part of a second "Gamebirds".

The Mesozoic birds project is just a glimmer of an idea. I should point out that the species in the book are more bird than dinosaur.