• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken Gilliland's Products In Renders

luannemarie

Busy Bee
Title: Just the Two of Us
Just the Two of Us 101z.jpg

Szark

Awesome
@Szark: I just love that render! <3 Beautiful!

Yeah, the translucency only works for the wings if light is shining through them. With the lorikeets, I played with the beak settings to get that waxy effect too.

I actually have a photo of an Azure Kingfisher sitting on my desk (the colours are very calming to me o_o) so I was looking at it for reference. Couldn't get the right shine though.

All I want to do it figure out the settings for oily feathers. Top coat works great if you want a wet/Vaseline-covered bird :p (Dry, powdery feathers are easier, I'm sure. Cockatoo next? :p)

I'll keep playing :) Thanks, Szark!
Thanks

Oily surface might be achieved with Top Coat thickness in manometers and IOR, but it is only a guess.

Title: Just the Two of Us
View attachment 9630
Awesome

All these cool images inspired me to do a quickie last night before bed,using DS/Iray

hen male.jpg

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Wow... I haven't visited this thread in a while... lots of great images! I am taking some notes on the iRay shader discussions and may incorporate some of those settings in my updates. I've had to put aside the updates temporarily due to some outside projects (I've spend the last two weeks getting our house/yard ready for an Audubon event we hosted last weekend and now I'm working on a time-sensitive project for a museum in Hawai'i). I'm also trying to get all the breed morphs to behave on the HW horse-wings.... Once I get that done, I will return to updates and SBRM Asia.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Szark!!! Szark!!! Szark!!! There has to be some kind of bird out there that would make this sound by way of shouting hallelujah!

Can't believe your imagery! Holy crap... you are a master! Maybe even "thee" master. Just so impressive. Hope you don't mind but we're going to share these in today's newsletter and post on our @HiveWire3D instagram account and facebook today. We'll credit you of course and draw folks back here.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Man, so so many great renders in this thread. Good gally!! Ya'll need to be entering these in Ken's bird contest.

The cream will rise as they say, and there is indeed some heavy cream in here.

Szark

Awesome
Szark!!! Szark!!! Szark!!! There has to be some kind of bird out there that would make this sound by way of shouting hallelujah!

Can't believe your imagery! Holy crap... you are a master! Maybe even "thee" master. Just so impressive. Hope you don't mind but we're going to share these in today's newsletter and post on our @HiveWire3D instagram account and facebook today. We'll credit you of course and draw folks back here.
Thanks man and steady on I am still a padawan at this. Yes by all means use any image I post. You know where to send to royalitues. LOL

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I like both of them too Luanne, but the branches do add that little something that finishes it off. ;)