• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken Gilliland's Products In Renders

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
So, I was trying to see how VB pulled his wings of his bird (It's ok, he didn't, the texture settings were a little wonky :)) so this is his pose, with my settings. I liked it so thought I'd finish it up and post here (I think I like it better than the one I submitted to the contest :D)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Just lovely!

Thank you Kiera ( sorry that Is the Way, Dragon spells your name ) and I really meant to say before this I'm glad to see you pop in your head up around the forum again lately … it seems like you were gone missing for a while and I did notice and I'm glad to see "your face" around here again! :)

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Happy Birthday Ken... though it was yesterday in my part of the world I think it is now today ... so confused lol
:balloon02:

Rick

Eager
Wow! So many amazingly awesome renders here, using Ken's wonderful feathered friends! They are really spectacular & I want to thank you all for sharing your amazing work! :) Stezza, your ocean/ship scene is really beautiful! Wonderful sense of movement! :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear

I found myself needing a nice colorful macaw (albeit a slightly different coloration or species… What is the right word Ken?) for an art piece I'm working on so I rendered one of Ken's macaw from the SongbirdRemix Amazon set and I was so pleased with how my post work worked out with this macaw that I decided to put a blurred public domain jungle photograph behind him and sign this piece! :)

I used Ron's Waterworks brushes for the little splash and then did post work on it also.

Probably should've had this done for the art contest… Oh well next year! :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That's beautifully colored, Lyne. I just love the bird's feathers here. They are such brightly colored creatures! Gorgeous image.. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Talk about a "splash" of color! Lyne, that's a gorgeous render, I love it. :)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Haven't been here for a bit - really beautiful renders, all!!