• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken Gilliland's Products In Renders

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
New feathered friend
Her older sister gifted her a new feathered friend!

Carey

Extraordinary
This is a very special artwork to me that I created in honor of the Goffin's Cockatoo I used to have. I call this "Companions". For a long time, about eleven or twelve years, he was my best and often only true friend. He had a stroke or something then started having constant severe seizures about ten years ago. He had to go to someone who could take better care of his special needs because I was having enough trouble at the time taking care of my own. I still miss him terribly. Rendered lovingly in Poser Superfly.

Credits:

SBRM Parrots of the World Vol 4: Cockatoos of the World by Ken Gilliland of Hivewire3D
Parrot Playpen by Ken Gilliland of Hivewire3D
SBRM Parrot Cage by Ken Gilliland (I think it came from Daz though and I put my own Superfly mats on it)
Parrot Swing by PerpetualRevision (in Free Stuff because she is so awesome!)
D9S Angie morphs for La Femme and D9S Myla textures for La Femme by Dream9Studios (that's me!) of Renderosity
Biscuits Vela Hair by Biscuits of Renderosity with Dream Hair Biscuits Superfly mats by Dream9Studios of Renderosity
Small Room 3 by Santuziy78 of Renderosity
Dynamic T-Shirt for La Femme by ShaaraMuse3D of Renderosity (texture and material on shirt is my own)

Maybe I shouldn't say anything here, some of you might get the idea I am an absolute bird nut, I really prefer big long macaw hugs and kisses though...love this!!!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I don't do well without a computer & mine went to the shop on Monday! Just got it back last night. So far it is working, but it has a loaner video card for now. At least I have some finished art that I can post, while I wait for my video card to be shipped.

Credits:

HiveWire Tiger by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D
CWRW White Tigers for the HiveWire Tiger by CWRW at HiveWire3D

SBRM Peacock: Variants (Leucistic Peacock) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

HiveWire Big Dog by ChristopherCreek Art & CGCubed at HiveWire3D
Fox Morph by Sparky at PhilosophersEgg

Wisteria by Lisa's Botanicals at HiveWire 3D

Flinks Tree by Flink at Renderosity
Twisted Tree by Bijan_Studio at Renderosity
3D Scenery: Upturned Winter Boats by ShaaraMuse3D at Renderosity
3D Scenery: Frozen Lake by ShaaraMuse3D at Renderosity
3D Scenery: Frozen Natural Riverbank by ShaaraMuse3D and HWW0 at Renderosity
Fantasy Mystic by vanda51 - Vanda Mata at Renderosity
Public Domain Picture from pxhere

Last of the Fall Leaves
View attachment 64573

Wow, love this one! So good.

Carey

Extraordinary
Time for a cross-post!
I am exceedingly grateful for the peacocks. But I will have to say that after clocking in at 4 days 22 hours to render them, I probably won't be using them often.

Still, peacocks!
lighting is tricky on the white peacocks for sure

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
And the feather layers on the back are really unforgiving in the white varieties. I had a lot of postwork trying to make the shadows all the same density. Some of those raised edges had much denser shadows than others. The peahen not so much, but with the peacock it was really harsh.

The colored varieties may be a lot less of a headache.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Thank you! I liked the old version, but the train was a bit *too* historic. And the one time I was in Britain, I didn't see anything like the first environment along the train lines.

This one is a little sad but I think it's message is an important one. Here's an excerpt or two from what I wrote about it on my site:
"Here we see a beautiful and now believed to be extinct Glaucous Macaw devastated by deforestation which is the main cause of its extinction... I did find that about 80,000 acres of rainforest is destroyed each day and another 80,000 acres are significantly degraded each day. It’s also estimated that we irrevocably lose 135 plant, animal, and insect species each and every day with the loss of our rainforests... In regards to the artwork, I wanted it to be almost completely devoid of life except for that poor, lonely macaw. There’s a just a little bit of green plant life, a little bit of hope, in the lower left corner of the scene."
d9s-co_devastation.jpg

Here are some websites that you may find of interest related to this artwork and its theme: Rainforest Alliance, Rainforest Action Network, Rainforest Site, Blue Macaws.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Time for another cross-post. This time it's the Toonified Phoenix. I'll be very pleased when the Birds of Legend gets updated, but I know that one won't be for quite a while.

The Headmaster reveals the Philosopher's Stone that they will be protecting.
2020.jpg