• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken Gilliland's Products In Renders

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist

25 years of Poser

That's wild. Now I understand why you made that comment in the store closing thread about "raising" us all. :roflmao: 25 years is a LONG time in this hobby/business/art form. I started in 2002. I never saw Poser 3! When I came in, it was Poser 4.00. 18 years for me. You've got me beat! :)

Ken's birds fit right in with your crew up there. I actually like how they tend to lead the eye on to the next character as you look through the whole image.

Carey

Extraordinary
That's wild. Now I understand why you made that comment in the store closing thread about "raising" us all. :roflmao: 25 years is a LONG time in this hobby/business/art form. I started in 2002. I never saw Poser 3! When I came in, it was Poser 4.00. 18 years for me. You've got me beat! :)

Ken's birds fit right in with your crew up there. I actually like how they tend to lead the eye on to the next character as you look through the whole image.
I really had never sat down and counted the years until just the other day sort of accidentally went on a trip down memory lane on a back up drive. I think I have come a long way from playing with my sisters paper dolls...She stills picks on me about that....

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You got me beat too Carey. I started with Bryce 4.0 back in 2000, and didn't get to try Poser until 4 1/2 years later with Poser 5. Then I skipped several versions, and came back to Poser with Version 9.

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Credits:

Songbird ReMix (Black-capped Chickadee) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire 3D

Berry Trees V1 by Traveler formerly at RDNA
Legends of Fantasy by Susan Justice (formerly McKivergan) at Renderosity
Rons Watercolor by Ron Deviney at DAZ
Winter Backgrounds by Michelle White (Scrapducky Designs)
CSA Ethereal Backdrops Backgrounds Textures by Creative Soul Arts at Renderosity

Forest Flight
Forest Flight.jpg

Carey

Extraordinary
Credits:

Songbird ReMix (Black-capped Chickadee) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire 3D

Berry Trees V1 by Traveler formerly at RDNA
Legends of Fantasy by Susan Justice (formerly McKivergan) at Renderosity
Rons Watercolor by Ron Deviney at DAZ
Winter Backgrounds by Michelle White (Scrapducky Designs)
CSA Ethereal Backdrops Backgrounds Textures by Creative Soul Arts at Renderosity

Forest Flight
View attachment 66202
has a great water color feel to it

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK, while beta testing Satira Capriccio's new product set, I used one of Ken's wonderful birds in an Artistic Render. Then I decided to do a closeup render.

Here's Satira's new Eirc character for Dusk getting acquainted with his new friend, Ken's Crimson Rosella from his Australia Volume III set.

EircAndFriendCurious.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
This is the Eurasian Magpie. I think their iridescent black feathers & striking markings, really make them beautiful.

Credits:

SBRM European Edition (Eurasian Magpie) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire 3D

Nature's Wonders Dragonflies & Damselflies of the World Vol. 1 (Banded Demoiselle) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire 3D

My Delicate Colorful Plants by JeffersonAF and Gendragon3D at DAZ
Artistic Backgrounds 2 by Antje Darling at Renderosity

Beauty on the Wing
Beauty on the Wing.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
These Lincoln's Sparrows are delightful!

Credits:

SBRM Sparrows of the World (Lincoln's Sparrow) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire 3D

Nature Trees Pack 5 by Andrey Pestryakov at DAZ
Medieva Small Village House 4 by Bertrand Perez (Dante78) at Renderosity
Public Domain Photo from Pxhere

Autumn Flight
Autumn Flight.jpg

Carey

Extraordinary
lots of great images! I was just working on the updated oxpecker yesterday ;)
if I Were to start tomorrow making a render for each bird I have gotten from you over the years I would die a very lonely old man, see my wife would leave me and worse then that, she'd take the dog and leave me with that cockatoo of hers that thinks I'm a chew toy...lol

Deathbycanon

Inspired
Ok what did I do wrong with this eagle? I ended up with odd lines on top of the head and couldn't figure out how to make them go away in daz, so I just rendered and fixed in photoshop. Did I miss a setting or something?

EaglePortraitLINES.jpg

EaglePortrait.jpg