• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

KageRyu's cave

• Thread starter Deleted member 325
  • Start date

Stezza

Dances with Bees
KageRyu requested that his account be deleted, which is what I did. What I should have done was ban the account which would have enabled me to merge the old and the new. Since I did not do that, merging the two accounts is not something I can do.
understand, but even though the original account was deleted the posts are still there and registered under that user number ( 325 ).. there should be an option ( any forum software worth its salt should have it ) to merge that numbered user and the new users accounts together under the one name ( either one or the other ) .. understand it's probably something you haven't come across to use but it should be there somewhere in the admin section.

happy rendering :flower02:

DanaTA

Distinguished
If it's a SQL database, it should be fairly easy to update the records with the new key. It's my guess that 325 is the key for the user. A key value is usually not something recognizable to the end users. And since there are many records with this key in it, it's not the master record, so it should be allowed to replace it. If there are sub-records related to it, they'd have to be fixed first, then the upper level records.

Perhaps this was too techy for this thread. If so, I apologize.

Dana

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
understand, but even though the original account was deleted the posts are still there and registered under that user number ( 325 ).. there should be an option ( any forum software worth its salt should have it ) to merge that numbered user and the new users accounts together under the one name ( either one or the other ) .. understand it's probably something you haven't come across to use but it should be there somewhere in the admin section.

happy rendering :flower02:
Actually, I did quite a bit of research on this. The forum software does have options to merge accounts, however, not for deleted members. It is not something I can do.

If it's a SQL database, it should be fairly easy to update the records with the new key. It's my guess that 325 is the key for the user. A key value is usually not something recognizable to the end users. And since there are many records with this key in it, it's not the master record, so it should be allowed to replace it. If there are sub-records related to it, they'd have to be fixed first, then the upper level records.

Perhaps this was too techy for this thread. If so, I apologize.

Dana

Yes, fairly easy when you are familiar with working with databases, but not something I can do. Our tech person has other things on the priority list so it's not something we would assign out.

In the future, requests to be deleted will be treated differently and this won't happen again. Hindsight being 20/20 and all ...

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
That thread is four years old and for a version we no longer use.

I didn't say Xenforo couldn't do it, I said that it couldn't for a Deleted Member. To merge users you have to pull that user up in the search. Deleted Member 325 does not exist, thus it can not be merged with KageRyu. Deleted Member 325 posts still exist, however there is no user data attached via the forum admin. Further research shows that Deleted Member 325 does still exist in the database and that I would have to modify the database to merge them, which is not something I can do.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
it's ok... i Get it ... but it can be done with a querie as the information is there..

anyways carry on .. we'll let Kage have his cave back :)

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I could always change my vendor name to Deleted Member 325. No idea what the logo would look like though.

Willowisp

Adventurous

..Sorry, that just had to be done :p

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
There are several packs I was hoping to finish before the year was out, but there is too much in Real Life still interfering. I am about to pack up the majority of my animation workshop and truck it 500 miles where I have no idea how long it will sit before getting unpacked and set up again. I hope to get a chance in coming weeks to finish some of the following sets:
Standing Around for Dusk/Dawn - 25 poses each for the Hivewire Figures
Blueprint & Schematics Pack - A collection of High Resolution backdrop images to use as Blueprint, schematic, or design backdrops or technical readouts
Explosion Kit 1 for Nerd3D's Fire and Smoke Tool - Multiple animated materials for various types of explosions.
Winterscapes - a collection of winter backdrops it 4k

I am unsure what order these will see completion in, but these are the top 4 near finished.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh, the Blueprint and Schematics pack sounds interesting. I always wanted to use a Blueprint in Blender to build a house or other building. Actually, all your projects sound good Kage. :)

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I had hoped for so many more releases - but as it stands here are the two last releases here set at the GOOB Sale price to match the HiveWire3D products, as a thank you to everyone here in the HiveWire3D community and Store.

Standing Around for Dusk
Standing Around for Dusk - A KageRyu Creation at HiveWire 3D

++++++++++

Standing Around 2 for Dusk
Standing Around 2 for Dusk - A KageRyu Creation at HiveWire 3D

My products will eventually join all of the other HiveWire3D products and my other products at Renderosity, and hopefully I will get some of those other planned releases finished someday, I am just saddened I will not be releasing them here first.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
It has been so very long since I released anything as a vendor...and real life is still very much in the way (especially my personal battle with depression). However, I did manage to find enough spiritual and creative motivation and tranquility of mind today to get some work done on one of the many Pose Packs that fell by the wayside these past years. I do not want to say to much and jinx myself, as I still do not have a proper workspace set up, but I am pushing to finish 3 packs (2 for Dusk and 2 For Dawn) that were planned many years ago and never finished. Then I will try to finish the 2 Dawn packs to complement Standing Around for Dusk. At this time these will be compatible with Poser 2014+ and the current editions of Dusk and Dawn. If things improve in my living conditions soon, maybe I can start the new year off supporting Poser 11/12 and the latest figures... otherwise I may just focus on what little I can do for my long lost animated projects.

I still intend to announce any of my releases related to HiveWire figures here, in these forums. Though my activity here has been sporadic the last few years, this is the closest thing to a home forum online I have at this time (even my Star Wars RPG go to site does not hold the luster for me it once did... before the mouse...)

I hope to have some teasers soon. Keep on posing and happy rendering!

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
It has been so very long since I released anything as a vendor...and real life is still very much in the way (especially my personal battle with depression). However, I did manage to find enough spiritual and creative motivation and tranquility of mind today to get some work done on one of the many Pose Packs that fell by the wayside these past years. I do not want to say to much and jinx myself, as I still do not have a proper workspace set up, but I am pushing to finish 3 packs (2 for Dusk and 2 For Dawn) that were planned many years ago and never finished. Then I will try to finish the 2 Dawn packs to complement Standing Around for Dusk. At this time these will be compatible with Poser 2014+ and the current editions of Dusk and Dawn. If things improve in my living conditions soon, maybe I can start the new year off supporting Poser 11/12 and the latest figures... otherwise I may just focus on what little I can do for my long lost animated projects.

I still intend to announce any of my releases related to HiveWire figures here, in these forums. Though my activity here has been sporadic the last few years, this is the closest thing to a home forum online I have at this time (even my Star Wars RPG go to site does not hold the luster for me it once did... before the mouse...)

I hope to have some teasers soon. Keep on posing and happy rendering!
Cool! Can't wait to see what you come up with.