• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

KageRyu's cave

• Thread starter Deleted member 325
  • Start date

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
@Flint_Hawk re lights, sadly no, saving them to the library doe snot work properly as I have many lights parented to objects that move around the scene. This causes issues with trying to save the lights.
In any event the problems and frustrations just with Poser are so much bigger that just that one issue at this point. This is the third complex scene in the last year that has developed "issues" with either rendering or saving, or what have you. Not to mention I have spent the last 2 years trying to reciver from catastrophic HD corruption across 4 partitions, nearly full, totalling almost 4 TB of data - third such massive HD corruption in 5 years... it just never ends. As I said I never have the resources or the funds to get the tech I need - and I have been trying for so long. There is so much more, but I just don't want to say more. Feeling very frustrated, bitter, resentful of the world, and generally in a very dark place especially as my art and hopes and dreams go. I don't want you to feel it is aimed at you or others wishing me well.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Trying to revisit some old animated projects. Some dating all the way back to my first dabblings in Poser 4 Pro Pack on a Celeron 833 Win98 machine in 2005-7. Wondering just how much work I should put in to upgrading them. Some got shelved out of frustration as just having a few figures and outfits brought that machine to it's knees. Heck without an external library manager I couldn't even see everything in my runtime as after 255 items Poser 4 stopped showing entries and did not support sub-folders. What a long strange trip it's been... I still had such hope and enthusiasm back then - but not the know how...
Now my machine can handle hundreds of figures, but I am still trying to make scenes that crash it and cause problems... funny how I never have what I need to bring what I envision to life.
I went from a Runtime and Rendered Frame Directory that could both easily fit on a 30gb HD to a collection of external 4tb drives all with varying content, audio, stock footage, frames, and a massive set of runtimes that add up to almost 2tb themselves...
and I still never quite have enough... :unsure:

I miss being able to just pick up a pencil and draw. I regret I never was able to get into classes for traditional animation when I was younger.

Currently Revisiting this and upping the size, render quality, textures, and fine tuning some movements, as well as creating the expanded scenes that go with it that never got done due to hardware limits:

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I've been trying to get some poses finished for Dusk and Dawn i had hoped to release at the beginning of summer. I hope to have some previews tomorrow and have them ready for Alpha testing by Sunday.
I am having increased difficulty getting Poses done lately - like my heart just isn't in it anymore. I am going to try to button up these two sets, and 6 sets that have been in the queue for almost 8 years now I want to release in October. I at least want to finish some old projects if I can.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Would there be any interest in themed breakdance poses for Dawn, Australian Style?

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Life just punched me very hard in rapid succession while already struggling to get up. Pretty sure I don't have the strength to get up from this. Saying this here because I have no one in my life.

Rhia474

Admirable
Humans are very resilient creatures and art and beauty are actually restorative. Hang in there and please know you are seen and heard and cared about.