• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

It's not that easy ...

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Simon! Welcome back! :bee:

And I have no cares for what people think of how I look. I am five foot tall, and all of my blood comes from places that are historically known for harsh winters... and a significant portion of that blood is from places known for having very little food available in those winters. My body is genetically set up to store calories if I even look at a grain of rice! LOL If someone doesn't like it, that's their problem, not mine. ;)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, I'm 5'4", so not tall, but not that short either. I just wish I had another inch or two to help spread out the extra poundage. ;)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
My 5'8" does help spread the load but I still look like a band rotunda at the mo. I blame being away from home for so long...could not possibly be all the chocolate I've eaten this season :eek:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
My sister was always the same Seliah and more recently so am I. It just means we're more likely to survive any famines.

It's the hallmark of an efficient metabolism which makes use of every bit of food to that level. At 5'3'' I'm one of the shorties...

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
My sister was always the same Seliah and more recently so am I. It just means we're more likely to survive any famines.

It's the hallmark of an efficient metabolism which makes use of every bit of food to that level. At 5'3'' I'm one of the shorties...

Yeah... I am exactly 5' 0"... I can't drive a stick shift, for the simple reason that I end up STANDING in my seat to push the clutch in! :rofl:

And as far as metabolism goes.... in my case, it's just almost nonexistent, it's so slow! But yep, I would indeed survive a winter famine! :D

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I'm the tallest at of the women in my family from the older generations...my daughter is way taller than me. Which comes in very useful when I can't reach something...it's frustating though sometimes. I drive a very small car but it's bigger than my last one which I adored but then it was red and we all know red cars go faster. ;) My new one is blue due to the circumstance in having to buy it I couldn't wait to get a red version. I've had it a year now and it still doesn't feel right even though it is a nice vehicle.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yeah... I am exactly 5' 0"... I can't drive a stick shift, for the simple reason that I end up STANDING in my seat to push the clutch in! :rofl:

Wow - I'm actually taller than someone here (by an entire 1/2", that is ;)). You need a smaller car, Seliah!

. I drive a very small car but it's bigger than my last one which I adored but then it was red and we all know red cars go faster.
We have a number of older cars...2 that we actually bought new are red. I refer to them as our midlife crisis cars. Red cars are sometimes referred to here as "Arrest me Red" since they seem to catch the eyes of the police :). And maybe it is because they go faster, too lol

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Wow - I'm actually taller than someone here (by an entire 1/2", that is ;)). You need a smaller car, Seliah!

It WAS a small car back when I was doing the whole stick shift thing. My Bear just about blew an aneurysm when he realized I was basically STANDING UP in my seat to use the stick shift.... and he wouldn't let me drive that car ever again, either. The next car we got he uncharacteristically insisted on an automatic (he much, MUCH prefers manual over automatic transmissions) and would not admit that he insisted on it so that I wouldn't have to stand up to push in the clutch. LOL!

Red cars are sometimes referred to here as "Arrest me Red" since they seem to catch the eyes of the police :)

LOL. My brother just called them "Cop Lover Reds" because they tend to attract officers so much... :D

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I think it's also a matter of how far forward the seat goes - some cars are definitely harder than others. Also, if your legs are really short (mine are short, but they reach the ground, which is all that REALLY counts :p) that can make it harder! I don't drive much these days, and only some of our cars are manual (hubby prefers manual cars, too). But it's something to take into consideration, for sure!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Must admit I prefer driving an auto...

@Alisa, the whole red car thing come about because my kids(who are all taller than me) used to tease me about my Noddy car. I used to retaliate by saying but red cars go faster...it become a family joke!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yep...but it was very small. Only took Noddy and one other passenger my kids were complaining about the size of my car at the time.

Miss B

CV-BEE
My mother was exactly 5' as well, and we had to add an extension on the brake of my dad's car, or she'd never be able to stop it, and that's after pulling the car seat as far forward as she could.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
My mother was exactly 5' as well, and we had to add an extension on the brake of my dad's car, or she'd never be able to stop it, and that's after pulling the car seat as far forward as she could.

Haha... yes, exactly my situation!! I don't drive much, needless to say. If he's home, he gets to do it. :p

Miss B

CV-BEE
Haha... yes, exactly my situation!! I don't drive much, needless to say. If he's home, he gets to do it. :p
My dad didn't want either of us driving HIS car, but he had the worst sense of direction I've ever come across, so mom had to learn to drive so we could get where we were going without having to listen to dad cursing because he got lost again. Of course, that changed again once I got my own car, but he used to sit there and grumble while mom was driving. :D

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh? You don't actually think? Then you must be a magician coming up with such thoughts, if you don't actually think. :)