• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Stezza

Dances with Bees
How wacky is this?
do you know who it is?

all started from a cube in Carrara then magically went on from there
laugh

theschell

Brilliant
how awesome would that of been... jealous as :flower02:
Working at the museums was an awesome experience, I helped build displays, helped with weapons and vehicle identification, did tour guiding and a bunch of other things. The best part though was meeting and working along side some of the veterans that were on staff... it was very rewarding and they were a great bunch of people!

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Working at the museums was an awesome experience, I helped build displays, helped with weapons and vehicle identification, did tour guiding and a bunch of other things. The best part though was meeting and working along side some of the veterans that were on staff... it was very rewarding and they were a great bunch of people!

yep, my old man was a Hurricane fighter pilot and also flew the Lysander doing top secret drop offs and pick ups... lot's of stories but none of the secret missions he did which he was sworn to secrecy and took to the grave with him..

I haven't a clue, but that poor cow doesn't look too happy. ;)

you're gonna wish you hadn't said that lol

So, in the end Snoopy got him!?!!

nope... the credit goes to an aussie gunner who took him out from the ground.. but the Canadians don't agree to that ;)

theschell

Brilliant
yep, my old man was a Hurricane fighter pilot and also flew the Lysander doing top secret drop offs and pick ups... lot's of stories but none of the secret missions he did which he was sworn to secrecy and took to the grave with him..
My thanks for his service! The veterans I worked with were willing to share of their experiences to a certain extent and it was an honor to have had that chance with them since most won't speak openly about what they went through.

nope... the credit goes to an aussie gunner who took him out from the ground.. but the Canadians don't agree to that ;)

The RAF initially officially credited Canadian pilot Roy Brown with the shoot down, though yes there's been (and still is) some debate over who actually scored the fatal shot since 3 separate AA gunners have also been variously credited with possibly hitting and killing him.... depending on which theory and claim you believe...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK Seach, off to grab the new downloads. :)

Edited to Add: OK, I have a question . . . the Withywindle Ferry Boat title states it's for Poser Superfly, but the download states it's for P12. Are all the pieces for P12, or just the Withywindle Ferry Boat? Curious minds want to know. ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
I had to look that one up, as I hadn't heard of ANZAC, since no one from Down Under had mentioned it before.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Edited to Add: OK, I have a question . . . the Withywindle Ferry Boat title states it's for Poser Superfly, but the download states it's for P12. Are all the pieces for P12, or just the Withywindle Ferry Boat?

All of it (port, boats, etc) should work in P11; I specified Superfly only because I only put effort into working up Superfly materials. The P12 reference was a careless mistake.

If one is willing to make some material adaptations, they will work fine in Firefly back to earlier versions of Poser (using sequential JPGs in the movie node requires P9/Pro2012 SR3.1+). They would be likewise adaptable to DS, with appropriate material setup.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
@Miss B Yeah, I was simply too lazy to also work up Firefly materials, so I figured I should label them as Superfly models, because that's all that they are set up for.

In general, my models will have the OBJ extracted (i.e., the geometry is not embedded in the PP2, but the PP2 calls an external OBJ), so they can be imported into most any 3D studio.

Also in general, while I don't know how to set up materials for DS, I give my blessing to anyone who can make DS material files (whatever the DS equivalent of MT5 and MC6 is) to share those. You can contact me if you are puzzled by what some particular material is supposed to do. The animated matrix JPGs might be baffling, for example.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thanks for the info about the materials Seach. I'm not up on the latest version of DS, so unfortunately can't help you with those.

Carey

Extraordinary
This is a really clever idea Carey!
Okay now this is going to sound silly, but I had to dream on this one a bit...All the while knowing it should be coyotes but this was an exercise...I had never found a way to use the fox model.....he is getting up there in age you know and he never sat paw on the poser screen before...Perhaps I should stop here cause this story goes on and on and you know how people talk.