• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I indeed have clones for DawnSE that include V4 and all of the Genesis, and I wonder if there will be those for Dawn2 as well. It's hard when they don't let those be distributed.
Chris did clones for HW family so they could wear each others stuff, I hope he adds those to the new D2's so they can wear the earlier HW family stuff.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Chris did clones for HW family so they could wear each others stuff, I hope he adds those to the new D2's so they can wear the earlier HW family stuff.
I have some fuzzy memory of seeing a DawnSE clone Chris did for Dawn2 in her dev thread, but it's been a while and I don't remember. My current Dawn2 beta doesn't have any clones, but I am sure the final version will. I will need a DawnSE clone for Dawn2 to transfer my morphs.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Final candidate for the textures:

Grey Havens entry 02Apr.jpg

Grey Havens 02Apr.jpg

I'd like to have a little bit of greenery on the cliffs; maybe an overlay mesh with transparency?

The animation checks out; a shame that the tech elite killed Flash. It was easy to host'n'post.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
The animation checks out; a shame that the tech elite killed Flash. It was easy to host'n'post.

I believe Flash was killed because it was dominating the web app market for 30 years, so it was getting in the way of Apple when they decided to enter that market with their App store. Remember Apple never cared about Flash until that happened. Later on, Googled joined the war against Flash, just when they started their Google Play app store - what a coincidence! Google never cared for Flash until they did that.

Now add the fact that thousands of people (like me) were regularly posting FREE Flash games online that could be played ANYWHERE, even in iOS and Android. Initially, both Apple and Google forbid Flash from being used in their devices, as an attempt to save their app stores. However, even companies developing games for iOS and Android were still making them with Flash, so they forbid that too. But then there were programs that could export Flash games to native iOS and Android code, so there was no way of knowing if they were made with Flash anymore. Comes down Apple Store 's most famous game (Angry Birds) was, you guessed, a Flash game.

Not being able to compete, or forbid people from using Flash, they had no choice but to kill it. Steve Jobs came up with a bunch of lies about Flash, and everybody instantly believed it, even when they were debunked by professionals from the gaming industry right away. But who people are going to believe - Steve Jobs superstar, or some programmer geeks nobody ever heard about? And then Flash was no more.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Reallusion is using the HW Dusk Gorilla in their new facial mocap ads. How cool is that? The figures are animated in real-time using an iPhone 10 or 11's 3D camera to capture your face movements, even the tongue. We are getting to a point where even a phone can do real-time facial mocap. Before this we needed a dedicated Kinect hardware, but now a phone can do it. Of course, the iPhone 10 costs hundreds more than a Kinect, but it's definitely more portable and easy to use without cables. The most impressive is the quality of the iPhone 10 or 11 mocap, considering it's a "phone".

RLFacialMocap.gif

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I believe Flash was killed because it was dominating the web app market for 30 years, so it was getting in the way of Apple when they decided to enter that market with their App store. Remember Apple never cared about Flash until that happened. Later on, Googled joined the war against Flash, just when they started their Google Play app store - what a coincidence! Google never cared for Flash until they did that.
Actually Ken, I used to program in Flash back in the day for web design goodies, and the real reason Flash died, was because Adobe swallowed up Macromedia and all of it's products, and then killed those Adobe had rival apps for. That caused Flash to never be updated again, and that's what killed it. What Apple, Google, and others did after that, just made it more publicly known Flash was on the way out, and then officially gone.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Actually Ken, I used to program in Flash back in the day for web design goodies, and the real reason Flash died, was because Adobe swallowed up Macromedia and all of it's products, and then killed those Adobe had rival apps for. That caused Flash to never be updated again, and that's what killed it. What Apple, Google, and others did after that, just made it more publicly known Flash was on the way out, and then officially gone.

Although I did use Flash for websites once, my main experience with it was in the gaming industry, as both programmer and 3D artist since 2006. Flash was the absolute leader on interactive web contents development, with no competition from anyone to this date, even after it was dead. About what you said, one of the loudest complaints I have heard to the end was how often Flash was updated - so often that it started to bother people with constant update notifications. By the time Apple started to attack it, Adobe was already bringing Flash into the hardware accelerated 3D web world, in association with Away3D. That alliance was cut short when Flash was being attacked by corporations who wanted to enter the app store market with Apple, and later with Google. ActionScript 4.0 was in full development as well, announcing many improvements over AS3 that many were asking for. All this development was halted pretty quickly once the corporate attacks had started. I remember not long ago, there were plenty of people complaining how often Adobe AIR (Flash for desktop) was asking to update the Poser external library. Many of you reading this will remember that.

If that is not enough updates, I don't know what would be. And what's most, there is nothing even close to replace it. Apple has claimed Flash as obsolete, so where is the better solution? HTML5? Even Google has already backed off from their own statement, now claiming it was never meant to replace Flash. So were they all lying? They have removed Flash from competing with their app stores, and we get nothing in return. Business as usual.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
the last three days have been totally wacky in Carrara........ :eek:

modelling wacky track n field stuff! ... anyone would think there's a competition starting in a few months .... in Japan....... :flower02:

it's all in the zip file over yonder in the wacky modeling thread for you to create world records! .. retexture.... morph or whatever.. some have morphs already
smiley

there's a discus, hammer throw thingy, shotput, starting block, hurdle and a javelin as well as a torchy thing :snoopydance:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Petipet always creates nice sets. I have quite a few of them, though not his new sets.

Riccardo

Adventurous
While everybody considers Mars as the new frontier of space exploration, some Chocorabbit scientists discovered a new planet that, unlike the Red one, seems to show residual presence of cocoa!

If true, this would be evidence of the existence of life - present or past - on this mysterious "Chocoplanet".

Thus, the Chocorabbits are using their scientific and technological knowledge (I know, we all underestimate it, at first) to plan the daring expedition!

Will our heroes be able to bring back samples of Extra-Terrestrial chocolate?

Happy Easter 2021!
Pasqua2021-1024x576-en.jpg

Made in Carrara 8.5 Pro