• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohh, I think I have some of ShaaraMuse3D's products. I'll have to check out which ones I have.

I've gotten more involved with Snarly's EZDome, and sometimes forget I can use BB's EnvSphere too.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
SharraMuse has a *lot* of stuff. To the point that you have to double-check to see just what something is. Not all of it is 3D. There is a lot of other stuff for building content or animation, or whatever.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I've noticed that. I have some clothing stuff for La Femme, and 3 Photo Background sets, but none of the HDRis, though I'm looking at the Autumn Pathways. ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
Ohh, I think I have some of ShaaraMuse3D's products. I'll have to check out which ones I have.

I've gotten more involved with Snarly's EZDome, and sometimes forget I can use BB's EnvSphere too.

I moved away from EZDome when I started using some of the flipmode's environments but when I purchased Poser 12 I assumed that EZDome was not working as due to updating Python to Python 3 from 2, I say assume because I never checked. For some reason I just started using EnvSphere again but EnvSphere and ShaaraMuse3D's HRDis seem to be a great combination. I have just purchased Autumn Pathways so I have not had time to use it but I am looking forward to doing so.

Hornet3d

Wise
SharraMuse has a *lot* of stuff. To the point that you have to double-check to see just what something is. Not all of it is 3D. There is a lot of other stuff for building content or animation, or whatever.

Sharramuse is certainly prolific when it comes to content creation, I stated buying when I came across some of the content that is pretty close to being photographic, now the selection I have is quite large.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Uh huh. It took a while before it sank in that some of the stuff even was 3D models. Most of the early sets were named things like "Photo Props - whatever, whatever" and the fact that a lot of the other stuff is packages of 2D photo resources tended to confuse the issue.

And then there is the audio stuff as well.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I have one of the Photo Props sets, and was a bit surprised because I, too, was assuming most of it was 2D, except the clothing for LF and such. I guess it's the naming of the products that throws folks off as to whether they're 2D or 3D items.

Hornet3d

Wise
Thick clouds obscured what moonlight was available which wasn't much. The air now was almost still, it had rained earlier in the night the downpour taking any of the leaves that had a less than perfect grip on it's own particular branch. Now late into the night and fast approaching the dawn of a new day there was little activity anywhere. Yet at that precise moment a door opened releasing for a moment what meagre light that shone behind it and a figure stepped into the courtyard. Maybe at the late hour the servant's chores were not yet done or tomorrow's had already begun. Closer inspection showed this was no servant that ventured out at this hour but a lady of the manor, but for what purpose? The hour suggested it was a venture that should not be witnessed during the hours of daylight.

Medieval Courtyard HW.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thick clouds obscured what moonlight was available which wasn't much. The air now was almost still, it had rained earlier in the night the downpour taking any of the leaves that had a less than perfect grip on it's own particular branch. Now late into the night and fast approaching the dawn of a new day there was little activity anywhere. Yet at that precise moment a door opened releasing for a moment what meagre light that shone behind it and a figure stepped into the courtyard. Maybe at the late hour the servant's chores were not yet done or tomorrow's had already begun. Closer inspection showed this was no servant that ventured out at this hour but a lady of the manor, but for what purpose? The hour suggested it was a venture that should not be witnessed during the hours of daylight.

View attachment 65786
How long did that render take? I bet it was a challenge

Hornet3d

Wise
If it was a normally lit scene I think there would be too much grain for these settings to work and therefore the it would need different setting and would take longer. In this instance it is difficult to see any such graining as it is too dark and if you could I don't think it would detract from the scene. In most my renders it is the hair that has a major impact on render time but in this instance it is such a small part of the overall scene there is little impact. I was happy with the render time but having Poser 12 helped as I am beginning to understand what impact the supplied render inputs have on time and quality. Mind you if Carey had not asked the question of what mode I was using for my renders (there are different modes?) I would never had known the the variety of inputs available at the click of a mouse button.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
And then there is Quidditch. The season opens with the Slytherin/Ravenclaw game, and is rather more exciting than anyone wants, when a bludger gets loose and crashes though the Hufflepuff stands.

Susan is badly injured by flying debris.
This is one of the new illustrations. There is no 2011 counterpart.
2020.jpg

Shanarah

Admirable
I think I started on this one at the end of December last year and just finally pulled it out to finish up postwork and such. It's one I've been meaning to do for a long time, a part of their story and a key scene that starts a chain of events that changes their lives forever.

A Safe Haven

Tarwen had arrived as planned at the ruins only to find an unusually violent Morcundu waiting for her. He chased her away with biting words and as she fled in tears, fearful for herself and her beloved, she heard a familiar, inviting voice call to her. She spun toward the voice and crashed into the protective arms of Sarovanya. Concerned, the young wood elf queried, "What happened? ...Did he hurt you?"

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Posting this a bit early. I have finished the project and it's been uploaded, although I'm doing an additional read-through hunting lingering text glitches.

The night of the Troll, Harry had returned to his dorm to find a package on his bed, containing an invisibility cloak.
Normally he would have told Professor Snape. But he was in disgrace over the Troll fiasco, and didn't want to risk the cloak being confiscated.

Since that night, he has been exploring the castle after hours.

One night he stumbles into a room with a magic mirror. The mirror shows him with all his friends, happy, safe, and well, and Professor Quirrell being led away by the Aurors.

He decides to share his discovery. Consequently, all of the First year Hufflepuffs, as well as his Explorer Club's fellow officers, crowd into the room to see the wonderful mirror.

At first they think it must be showing them a glorious future. But then it shows Susan her murdered family. And there is no way that that vision can be true. Hermione and Draco both figure it out, and they all come to the conclusion that it was a mean trick, and that Quirrell must have done it to taunt them.

They leave, and Albus, who had been watching, disillusioned, realizes that this demonstration had not had the result he had expected.

This is another of the new illustrations with no 2011 counterpart.
Firsties+Mirror.jpg