• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise

Interestingly, I have a script I was given and have been using for years caller Super Ambient Boost Nodes which lights displays and general lights in the manner you describe. Point is, it does not work with these signs or at least is does in that it lights them up but you lose all the detail and cannot read the display. I played with it for a while and then tried adding ambient to the texture but I found I could not make it work.

Hornet3d

Wise
Interestingly, I have a script I was given and have been using for years caller Super Ambient Boost Nodes which lights displays and general lights in the manner you describe. Point is, it does not work with these signs or at least is does in that it lights them up but you lose all the detail and cannot read the display. I played with it for a while and then tried adding ambient to the texture but I found I could not make it work.
Ignore that, I have found the error in my build, I was missing a transparency connection. Trying another render now

Hornet3d

Wise
Same scene but using Super Ambient Boost Nodes to the information panel. The degree of the lighting effect can be controlled from within the shader by setting a colour chip from black to white passing through grey. This gives a massive range and so the final setting is very much personal choice.

Subway Opening AMB HW.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
The Hufflepuffs have a number of traditions and House activities that the rest of the school never heard of. One of them is to hold a talent night.

Sally, of course, is going to dance. The rest of the Firsties watching the involvement in Talent Night throughout the House are feeling left out. Harry suggests that maybe they could act out one of the stories in Beedle. There are three First year boys, why not act out the 'Tale of Three Brothers'? Susan can read the text and Hannah can act the parts of Death and the dead sweetheart.

Well, that doesn't really start off well. Susan has a bright idea in that since Sally's dance is about dying (she is planning to dance 'The Dying Swan'), *she* ought to d the dead sweetheart, and Hannah be Death and not deal with costume changes.

The Firstie's skit is a tremendous success, although Professor Sprout can't imagine why it seems to make the Headmaster (who joined them to watch) so uncomfortable.

In 2011,
2011.jpg

And in 2020.
2020.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Aaaand we come to the Halloween Troll surprise.

As in canon, Quirrell burst into the Great Hall during the feast gasped out that there was a Troll in the dungeons and fainted. And as in canon, Albus sent all of the students back to their common rooms.

Completely dismissing the fact that the entrances to the Slytherin and Hufflepuff common rooms were *in the dungeon*. This time he got called on it, and reversed his order. The students should stay in the Great Hall, and he and some of the staff would go and deal with the Troll.

In the confusion, Harry saw that Quirrell was no longer in the Hall. He was sure that Quirrell was after the stone, and ran off to the clubroom to check the peephole. Draco caught up to him and went with him.

There was no Muffy in the clubroom. When called she told them that Elves have their own way of keeping track of the professors. She popped away before they thought to ask her where Peofessor Quirrell actually was.

They hung about for a while checking the peephole, seeing no sign of Quirrell. Eventually they became bored and started back to the Great Hall.

And, of course, ran right into the Troll.

Meanwhile Hermione had noticed that they were gone and told Professor Burbage, who went after them.

She caught up to them not long after the Troll did and tried to fend it off. (She isn't a lot more effective at defense than they are.) Which is just about the time that Snape, who had also gone to check on the forbidden 3rd floor corridor came upon al of them, and dealt with the situation.

In 2011,
2011.jpg

And in 2020.
2020.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
And then there is that day when suddenly Professor Quirrell is *not* stuttering, and decides to frighten his class with a lesson about Muggle serial killers. He drags Harry up to demonstrate, sticks a knife in his hand with a sticking charm, and sets his classmates to trying to hex him.

This was an accident waiting to happen, and it didn't take long. Fortunately was a minor injury, but all in all, a memorable lesson.

In 2011,
2011.jpg

And in 2020.
2020.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Looks good Hornet. BTW, is that a 3D scene you have Caoimhe in, or is that a really nice background?

Hornet3d

Wise
Looks good Hornet. BTW, is that a 3D scene you have Caoimhe in, or is that a really nice background?

It's Bagginsbills Envsphere with a HDRI from ShaaraMuse3D called Old dock that is part of the Odd Places Collection. I have most of ShaaraMuse3D's HDRI products as they work well and they often match scenery from ShaaraMuse3D. As this is a test render I have just added the HDRI, but it is great to be able to add trees to a scene that match the back ground.