• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
Artifact Discovery HW.jpg

Poser 12 Superfly

Sci-Fi Artifact - Petipet
Planet Edesa - Petipet
ExoPlanet01 Red Sky Sphere - Flipmode

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I was wondering about that, as I couldn't see any difference between the two renders.

I'll take care of that for you shortly.

OK, it's done. :)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Meanwhile, the Headmaster is playing his own games, and no one is taken into his confidence. He does, however call a meeting with those of his staff which he has entrusted with providing protections for the fabulous item which is being guarded in the school.

After all, they deserve to at least have a look at what they are guarding.

This is a new illustration which has no counterpart in the 2011 edition.
2020.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
I was wondering about that, as I couldn't see any difference between the two renders.

I'll take care of that for you shortly.

OK, it's done. :)

Thank you so much for that. I guess life is trying to tell my not to post renders so early in the morning.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I like both. If its following a storyline where the atmosphere is red and you don't want to change the storyline, then perhaps harsh shadows might help (the red one just needs more contrast to show things up more)

Carey

Extraordinary
foreground, midground, background strait out of the first edition artists law book. Course if in doubt...you fake it...lol love the second version much better.. course I am just an educated idiot and that same law book says not to pay any attention to such people...lol
image.jpeg

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Meanwhile, the Headmaster is playing his own games, and no one is taken into his confidence. He does, however call a meeting with those of his staff which he has entrusted with providing protections for the fabulous item which is being guarded in the school.

After all, they deserve to at least have a look at what they are guarding.

This is a new illustration which has no counterpart in the 2011 edition.
View attachment 65406

I sure like your illustrations.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
@Hornet3d I like the red colouring of the first one better, though yes a little flat, the second just seems a bit washed out and not as interesting to me

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Might want to shift the red tree up or down or to one side or another. Your heroine'd head gets lost in the leaves. There's a gap a bit tabove her, maybe you can shift things so her head is against the sky.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Good point JOdel, as her hair's a shade of red very similar to the tree leaves. If she had dark brown, or black, hair then there would be enough contrast.

Shanarah

Admirable
I really love it Hornet3d, but I agree with JOdel and Miss B, there needs to be something to separate her hair from the tree in the background. Moving the tree could work, or maybe adding an open hatch or something?

Shanarah

Admirable
I'm working on something more complex that needs a little postwork (and was giving my PC fits!), but I wanted to share this quickie render, mostly because Yamcha turned out so adorable. It was mostly a test of the Bulma morph for my next piece. I was also trying out the Vellus Hair for G3F on G8F and it worked, but it's hard to see in the small version, and DeviantArt ate the larger version anyway. XD

Yamcha & Bulma