• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
Might want to shift the red tree up or down or to one side or another. Your heroine'd head gets lost in the leaves. There's a gap a bit tabove her, maybe you can shift things so her head is against the sky.

Thank you for the observation and suggestion, how did I miss that. Thankfully with 3D art you can literally move mountains, well hills at least.

Artifact 3 HW.jpg

Stezza

Dances with Bees
a covid key I just modelled in Carrara..
a wacky covid safe key

I reckon you'd be able to 3d print this fella

ideal key for opening any door handle and pushing any buttons to help you be covid safe..

Probably will have to resize it to suit if you do 3d print it... at a guess it may be twice as big as what it should be, but that's the fun of working it all out... it's in the zip file over yonder in the wacky modeling thread :flower02:

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Hagrid did indeed know about 3-headed dogs. That was not the end of the information to be found in Hagrid's hut. There was also an old newspaper with an article about a Gringotts break-in. One which Harry realized had taken place the same day that he had met Hagrid at the Leaky Cauldron, and later seen Hagrid on his way to Gringotts, being followed by Professor Quirrell.

Harry and his friends were not slow to put 2+2 together. Hermione was adamant that they had to tell a teacher.

So they did.

This is another new illustration which did not exist in the 2011 version.
2020.jpg

Shanarah

Admirable

Born To Be Wild

Still on my Dragonball kick. After I posted the first one with the motorcycle, I realized I could have called it Born to be Wild, but since I didn't, I decided to make something else that would fit that. So I made Bulma and started fiddling with posing the two of them different ways until I found one I liked. I wanted to do the desert since it fit Yamcha's background and the post apocalyptic outfit Bulma's wearing. The Terradome always gives my PC fits, so it mostly just took forever to get it to render without crashing the computer.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Given that it didn't take more than three weeks for 4 First years to figure out what was hidden in the labyrinth, *and* who was after it, both Professors McGonagall and Snape were extremely concerned about the securities which were designed to protect the Philosopher's Stone. Particularly given that Professor Quirrell had designed one of them. Headmaster Dumbledore agreed to their testing of the defenses.

In 2011,
2011.jpg

And in 2020. (Yet another exercise of getting skirts onto broomsticks. At least Minerva was riding sidesaddle.
2020.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Harry has had an idea. The runic magic which Professor McGonagall introduced him to in the summer included a spell named Finn's Eye, which would create a peephole in a solid wall. One which would be invisible from the other side.

Since the clubroom was opposite to the stairs leading to the forbidden corridor, with such a peephole it would be possible to watch whether anyone went up them.

Once he created it, he realized that with classes, he could not be there to keep watch. So he called Muffy, the Elf who had been assigned to take care of him over the summer, and asked her to watch and let him know when Professor Quirrell went up the stairs to the forbidden corridor.

In 2011, and 2020.
2011.jpg

2020.jpg

Shanarah

Admirable
Given that it didn't take more than three weeks for 4 First years to figure out what was hidden in the labyrinth, *and* who was after it, both Professors McGonagall and Snape were extremely concerned about the securities which were designed to protect the Philosopher's Stone. Particularly given that Professor Quirrell had designed one of them. Headmaster Dumbledore agreed to their testing of the defenses.

In 2011,
View attachment 65564

And in 2020. (Yet another exercise of getting skirts onto broomsticks. At least Minerva was riding sidesaddle.
View attachment 65565
The new one is really excellent JOdel! I absolutely love it! :)

Shanarah

Admirable
This isn't really a finished piece, but more of a test render I did to check out how my quick and dirty scar textures would render. They need some refinement to soften the edges a bit and give them a more realistic texture if I'm doing a closeup, but they're sufficient for what I'm working on now. I mostly wanted to share because this is probably the most realistic render I've gotten with IRAY yet.

Yes, I'm still obsessed with Yamcha. XD

yamchatest2.jpg

Stezza

Dances with Bees
morphed and boned my wacky broom and stuck it in a zip file over yonder in the Wacky Modeling Thread

it ain't perfect but hey, if it was it wouldn't be wacky... texture it, render it, sweep your Runtime out with it.. it is very versatile in any realm!

in Carrara that is! :inverted:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Looking good Hornet. I attended the Poser 12 Webinar today with Chuck Taylor (Nerd3D), and he talked about the Adaptive Sampling and the Denoiser. I've been using Blender for a long time, so I've been playing with it's denoiser, and like it.

Hornet3d

Wise
Looking good Hornet. I attended the Poser 12 Webinar today with Chuck Taylor (Nerd3D), and he talked about the Adaptive Sampling and the Denoiser. I've been using Blender for a long time, so I've been playing with it's denoiser, and like it.

Thanks.

I hope you enjoyed the Webinar, it goes without saying that anything with Chuck Taylor (Nerd3D) involved is going to be a success.

The denoiser softens the render very slightly but then most denoisers do, in the case of Poser 12 it is minimal and is better that leaving the noise in. The time saved by using the combination of Adaptive Sampling and the denoiser is well worth it.

Carey

Extraordinary
Caoimhe and and Turlough have the opportunity to ride the new colony subway a few days before it's official opening.

View attachment 65614

Colony Subway for Poser and DS by coflec-gnorg - Poser 12 superfly render (GPU High Adaptive with denoise applied)

I use ambient light to make signs light up but I connect it to the texture file...This makes them light up, but doing it that way makes the colors more vibrant...... Try it see if you like it​

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I hope you enjoyed the Webinar, it goes without saying that anything with Chuck Taylor (Nerd3D) involved is going to be a success.
I did. He explained a lot of things, and at least now I have an idea of how much longer certain items will need in order to be fixed. They've got a lot planned for Poser, it's just not all going to be done quickly.