• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Awesome images guys!! I Really love your legacy image @Shanarah

Just some messing around !

Break Free
Break Free.jpg

Created With: Genesis 8, Sam by 3DArena, Lumino wings by Fabiana, Lori hair by Ladylittlefox, Goddess Bikini by Rhiannon, Ron's Explosions, and Melidae Crown with Diamond Iray shaders

Shanarah

Admirable

Break Free
View attachment 60271

Created With: Genesis 8, Sam by 3DArena, Lumino wings by Fabiana, Lori hair by Ladylittlefox, Goddess Bikini by Rhiannon, Ron's Explosions, and Melidae Crown with Diamond Iray shaders
Beautiful work NapalmArsenal! It's really stunning. I'd say worth the time to render the reflections! I've had that hair on my wishlist for a long time, I need to pick it up next time it's on sale, it's so cute!

And thanks! I should try and do more with her and the ancient vampires. I love their wings!

seachnasaigh

Energetic

Break Free
View attachment 60271

I really like the particle effects, the lighting effects -especially in the wings- and the emotive pose and facial expression. The silver blonde braids suggests she's a nordic faerie. ;P

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Beautiful work NapalmArsenal! It's really stunning. I'd say worth the time to render the reflections! I've had that hair on my wishlist for a long time, I need to pick it up next time it's on sale, it's so cute!

And thanks! I should try and do more with her and the ancient vampires. I love their wings!
Thanks! Yeah Lady Littlefox does some great products! They also run some pretty nice sales on some of her items. The hair also has like highlights and such for different colors to it that makes it pretty flexible for different style renders you do. I have her Bunny hair wish listed, but it's for sure going to have to go down before I can purchase it. ...... Love Posey and Petunia from her too and they are great to mix and match with Genesis 8.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I really like the particle effects, the lighting effects -especially in the wings- and the emotive pose and facial expression. The silver blonde braids suggests she's a nordic faerie. ;P
Thank you!! I for got to mention that in the items I used, but it's from the Nifty Nebulas pack I got a while ago over at Daz. Poses are real fairy poses and .... LOL per chance she is breaking free of the Nordic winter ice!!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
One of my projects over the past couple of weeks was to build a personal reading copy of a Potterfic. This one worked just fine with the semi-'Toon style characters.

I'd have rather done a version for posting. But it's an old fic, and the email I had for the author was from 2007, so I didn't have high hopes for a response. I left a reply to the most recent posting in her Lj, and sent a private message through that as well, but that went idle in 2017, and there's been no response to that either.

The fic can be found on ff.net on Rabbit and -v- Jinx -v-'s page, but this fic was just Rabbit's. It was started back during the 3-year summer, but went idle and was finally finished off after the canon closed.

It has rather a lot of illos, but most of them are chapter tails. I gave everything a 60% sepia overlay which seems to have worked out rather well.

I need to organize things and have a dentist appointment, so I'll be back with the start of the series later this afternoon.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well I'm home again, semi-inarticulate from novocaine, but with one fewer hole in my head. So, I've been making screenshots and exporting them as .jpgs which will fit the forum limit. There are quite a few graphics in the project, but three of them aren't renders at all, and one of those is not actually my own work, it's an adaption from something posted on the internet, so I won't be including it (although since it's basically the punch line, that will probably be a bit unsatisfactory).

I will include the cover, however. Even if it is just a Photoshop file.

1-Cover.jpg

The story starts in the summer after the TriWizard Tournament. Snape is looking for someplace desolate to unwind in when he is reached by an owl bearing a panicked message from Harry Potter begging him to send an antidote or a bezoar. Instead, he goes to Little Whinging himself.

2-Frontspiece.jpg

Where he finds that someone has poisoned Potter's owl, and Potter has inadvertently magic the poison into himself.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Since this particular project was a personal reading copy, I didn't do full page illustrations. But when I end up with a large empty chapter tail I try to drop something in. These usually have something to do with what is going on in that chapter, rather than necessarily being something related to the whole fic. For this project I had a handful of chapter tails which were large enough to put actual illustrations into.

However; first chapter tail illo was basically just a Photoshop file, so not included here. As for the 2nd...

Snape soon gets a confession out of Dudley that one of his pals thought that it would be funny to poison the mice that Harry kept to feed Hedwig. That's how Hedwig was poisoned. Dudley still had the box the poison came in. Now Snape wants an item of importance to Harry to draw the poison that Harry had managed to pull into himself from Hedwig, out of him and into the object safely.

Vernon has already locked and taken Harry's trunk off to his place of business to keep it away from him. Snape sends him to bring it back. And to get a half dozen *healthy* mice for the owls.

And then Snape is stuck having to try to find something of significance to Harry (or Lily) there in the Dursley's house. The last thing wanted is to waste time.

4-Clock.jpg

After a good deal of hunting, such an item is found. Petunia claimed it, but it had actually been Lily's.

5-Snowglobe.jpg