• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
Well I think that is going to be the last render I post in a while, just after posting that this morning Windows 10 decided it wanted to do an update and then a restart. I am not sure the update happened but the restart certainly did not. Somewhere along the way my Samsung 970 Evo threw in the towel so it is going to have to be returned to the builders so I am going to be without my main machine for around ten to fourteen days at least and then I need to do a Windows installation. I seriously regret having this machine built, the Corsair PSU died within 14 months. not good for a top of the range item and now the Samsung 970 has died within 18 months, again I would have expected longer. For now I am back to the Windows 7 machine I built about eight years ago and so far, not a hiccup.

Well I think that is going to be the last render I post in a while, just after posting that this morning Windows 10 decided it wanted to do an update and then a restart. I am not sure the update happened but the restart certainly did not. Somewhere along the way my Samsung 970 Evo threw in the towel so it is going to have to be returned to the builders so I am going to be without my main machine for around ten to fourteen days at least and then I need to do a Windows installation. I seriously regret having this machine built, the Corsair PSU died within 14 months. not good for a top of the range item and now the Samsung 970 has died within 18 months, again I would have expected longer. For now I am back to the Windows 7 machine I built about eight years ago and so far, not a hiccup.
'
Ah, that blows. I would have expected better from Samsung and Corsair.
I was torn between the Samsung EVo and the WD black...nVME... I choose the latter and I got a Seasonic 80 Gold PSU. so far so good.
I hope you get your computer back soon.

Hornet3d

Wise
'
Ah, that blows. I would have expected better from Samsung and Corsair.
I was torn between the Samsung EVo and the WD black...nVME... I choose the latter and I got a Seasonic 80 Gold PSU. so far so good.
I hope you get your computer back soon.

Thanks, I think I have just been unlucky, mind you a really don't know why I paid for extended support, a ten to fourteen day turnaround seems abysmal particularly as I paid for the premium service when the machine was built.

luannemarie

Busy Bee
Title: Barbarian

Barbarian 101z.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
I decided to bite the bullet and not wait a few weeks for the company that built my computer, and to whom and paid a lot for extended support, so with a brand new Samsung 970 Evo sat in the M.2 slot I attempted to install Windows 10. I am happy to say that I was successful, not only that I have also installed the five or six programs I use the most on this machine. Poser was one of them and it all went well with only one slight snag, having added all of vast list of runtimes Poser promptly forgot the lot on a restart. I have added a couple back and tired a restart and all was well so I hope it was just a one off, we will see.

I will still return my existing SSD in the hope that somewhere down the road I will at least be supplied with a replacement.

Hornet3d

Wise
Glad to hear you're back up and running with your computer.

Thank you. I was very reluctant to start using Windows 10 but the purchase of a new computer some months ago forced my hand. It had been my plan to continue to use Windows 7 on my old computers even though support had ended much had I had done for years with XP. Moving back to Windows 7 was an eye opener in that I found many of the banks did not support the use of Windows 7 for online banking. It was the experience of trying to use Windows 7 that convinced me not to be without my prime machine for a few weeks and I have decided I also need to upgrade my old machines to Windows 10.

Anyway, back to the renders as I need to make sure Poser works as expected as a matter of urgency.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I held off upgrading my last laptop to Win10 as well. I was definitely in no rush. Unfortunately my old Win7 Pro laptop was starting to have issues, and with the end of support for Win7 coming, I figured I'll have to go with Win10 Pro for my new laptop. At least when upgrading to a new version of 7 over the years, it's always been with a new computer, so I've never gone through the "upgrading" from one version to another. I don't think I'd ever do that. At least with a clean install already done for me by the manufacturer, I didn't have to give myself any headaches where that was concerned.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
*sigh* I've dug in my heels and probably am not going to be moving beyond Mojave until this computer dies. That will be another couple of years if this computer holds up as well as most of mine do. I did replace my last one a year early, but that was because it acted like it was cursed from the day I got it.

I am *not* looking forward to jumping to a new OS which will be (probably) three or more generations ahead of what I'm used to, but I'm also not giving up my legacy software.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
So this is an experiment that I actually liked. Using Andy 2 and playing around with lighting and HDR maps in Poser. I have no idea what I did here with that. I just plugged things in, rendered NOPE tried again NOPE.... Not sure how to properly plug in or make an HDR map work in Poser 11 but I liked how this 3rd attempt came our regardless if I did it correctly! If anyone knows the correct way please post!

So the first is the raw render from Poser 11 and the second is taken into Photoshop and used a gradient map from orange (bottom) to blue (top) and used blending mode Vivid Light and I was like WOW, PURDY!

Andy2 HDR background.jpg
Andy2 HDR BG PS.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
So this is an experiment that I actually liked. Using Andy 2 and playing around with lighting and HDR maps in Poser. I have no idea what I did here with that. I just plugged things in, rendered NOPE tried again NOPE.... Not sure how to properly plug in or make an HDR map work in Poser 11 but I liked how this 3rd attempt came our regardless if I did it correctly! If anyone knows the correct way please post!
I use HDRi backgrounds with Bagginbill's EnvSphere because I don't use P11's Construct.

So the first is the raw render from Poser 11 and the second is taken into Photoshop and used a gradient map from orange (bottom) to blue (top) and used blending mode Vivid Light and I was like WOW, PURDY!
I was thinking that was 2 separate renders, until I read your note here. I'm really liking how it looks, and JOdel's correct, postwork is your friend. :D

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I use Snarlygribbly's Ezdome. I haven't used BB's because I found this first.
I like how it actually has 2 domes, the outer dome has the HDRi for lighting and the inner dome is used for the background. This means that if the outer lighting is perfect but the inner image is too dark/light then the inner one can be adjusted until it look right (or visa versa).

The beta verson of EZDome has these features:
  • Creation of Bagginsbill's EnvDome, EnvHemisphere and EnvSphere models (with kind permission from BB)
  • Uses an inner and an outer dome for maximum flexibility
  • sIBL archive library manager
  • Creation of sIBL archives from custom images
  • Sun creation, automatically matching background HDRI
  • Dome can be rotated and tilted
  • Contrast, intensity, hue and saturation controls for both inner dome and outer
  • Ability to pick sun location by clicking on HDRI preview
  • Material set save option
  • Delete all lights and turn off all lights tools
  • Configurable settings
  • v1.1 has filtering by user-definable metadata:
  • v1.1 Also has bulk import of sIBL files from a folder and all its subfolders
Poser scripts by Snarlygribbly

Miss B

CV-BEE
I use Snarlygribbly's Ezdome. I haven't used BB's because I found this first.
I have that as well, though I had been using BB's EnvSphere while I was still using P9. I found Snarly's EZDome while I was already playing in P11.

I use EZDome when I'm doing a whole scene. I often use BB's EnvSphere so I can just put a nice background (not necessarily a HDRi) behind Dawn, Dusk, La Femme, or whatever character I'm working with at the time.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I use HDRi backgrounds with Bagginbill's EnvSphere because I don't use P11's Construct.

I was thinking that was 2 separate renders, until I read your note here. I'm really liking how it looks, and JOdel's correct, postwork is your friend. :D
Where can I find this EnvSphere hon?

Thanks everyone for the comments and suggestions.

I'll grab Snarly's EZDome in the mean time!

Not sure what happened to my sub to this thread, it just went POOF so very sorry for the late reply!