• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Testing the upload of a WebP animation. Look how it supports full 32-bit colors, it's twice the dimensions of the previously posted GIF, and has half the file size! ^_____^

Hold on... didn't work.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
The webP animation looks and plays normally when dragged in, but it turns into a plain text attachment link after posted... T__T

Shanarah

Admirable
How's everyone been!? I was finally able to render my namesake properly! She hasn't seen the light of day in years since I've been rendering, but Oso's Rakshasi finally allowed me to create a 3D version.

Beastlord Shanarah

When I used to play EverQuest, I played her as a beastlord, a hybrid monk class with pets. They were awesome, but I always thought of her as being more of a dragoon and wearing heavier armor than the class dictated. So here she is with her lance, armor and companion pet.

Setup and Rendered in DAZ Studio 4.12 Public Build Beta. Postwork in Photoshop Elements 8.0

Hornet3d

Wise
To say Caoimhe was annoyed would have been an understatement, even livid did not get close. It was her day off, that was bad enough, but it also happened to be a day off when she had plans, she was meeting the girls for lunch a very rare occurrence. That was the plan, and still was as far as she was concerned but she had been asked to sort out a pilot who was apparently far from happy with the service he had received and wanted to speak to a manager urgently. For some reason unknown beknown to her the duty manager could not cope with the task, only she would do.

She stormed off in the direction of repair station with the intention of giving this jumped up pilot a real dressing down. It was only after she had dropped down to station box level that those plans suddenly changed.

Visitor HW.jpg

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Beautiful Beastlord.

My alt Beastlord was named Kitrae. Though, she didn't get a lot of play time because I primarily played a druid.

It's been ages since I thought about EverQuest. But I do agree with you about thinking the Beastlord would be in heavier armor. Then too ... I always thought my druid needed heavier armor too. Especially, since she was more often in a healer role.

When I used to play EverQuest, I played her as a beastlord, a hybrid monk class with pets. They were awesome, but I always thought of her as being more of a dragoon and wearing heavier armor than the class dictated. So here she is with her lance, armor and companion pet.

Shanarah

Admirable
Beautiful Beastlord.

My alt Beastlord was named Kitrae. Though, she didn't get a lot of play time because I primarily played a druid.

It's been ages since I thought about EverQuest. But I do agree with you about thinking the Beastlord would be in heavier armor. Then too ... I always thought my druid needed heavier armor too. Especially, since she was more often in a healer role.

Thanks, Satira! Shanarah was an alt for me as well, but she was high enough level to survive the purges when they started combining servers. My main was a warrior, Sarovanya, and he's the main subject of my art as well. :) I tried a lot of the different races/classes over the years. One of those games I miss a lot, and was truly bummed when EQ3 fell by the wayside, though I'd kind of lost hope after Landmark and the really toony character models.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
All mine also survived the purges when Zebuxoruk was merged with Xegony. I was so sad we lost our server name though.

Unfortunately, Kitrae had to be renamed :( Playing her just wasn't the same after that.

I had done several pieces with my main character, Taeyn Kaidyrsi, as well as a few for guildmates. I know I had one of Kitrae too, but I lost quite a bit of my finished pieces in 2010 when I had a hard drive failure.

One of the few pieces that survived was my forum signature.
Sig-Taeyn.jpg

Well, I also have the larger piece this bit came from, as well as a farewell image of Taeyn when I left EverQuest.

Hornet3d

Wise
The responsibilities were clearly defined, troops were the responsibility of Turlough while transport was Caoimhe's which is why she hated the fact that her command was lit up like a Christmas Tree. She understood why, they were there to rendezvous with the commando force who should already be leaving the drop zone but finding them was going to be difficult. For a number of reasons, some planet related and others to do with the enemy, navigation was problematic. That, and the often cloudy nature of the atmosphere meant you could be close to any given point and still not be aware you were even close. Trouble was, if the troops could see them so could the enemy.

It was a nervous time for both of them but when the troops arrived her problems were only just beginning, it was then down to her to get them quickly, and safely, to the command post they were about to raid.

Near the Drop Point HW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
The drop tea, were late a factor that could have a major impact on the mission. Caoimhe left Turlough to prep the outside while she returned to the navigation room to see if there were any changes that could be made to save time and the best way to extract the whole team if it came to it.

Drop Point Rethink HW.jpg

Shanarah

Admirable
This is the first time I successfully managed to render this character! He started off as an M3 character who I lost due to a crash of DS while rendering. Then I managed to recreate him, but every time I tried to render him it would fail for one reason or another. It was like he was cursed. I finally decided to redo him for G8M and this is the result.

Legendary Paladin Kartaelin Nasan

Kartaelin is a storied High Elf paladin, well known for his role in the Battle of Three Kingdoms. He is an expert strategist, an excellent warrior and a master craftsman. For a time he'd taken on the role of training many young warriors in the paladins guild, but for the last century he returned his focus to his favored craft, blacksmithing. The guilds often asked him to return to teaching which he declined, though he would often return as a guest lecturer. This is how he first met Sarovanya. The young elf was brazen and often on his trainers nerves, but Kartaelin could see greatness in him and offered to take him on as an apprentice, to the chagrin of the warriors guild leader. Sarovanya accepted the offer and the two became fast friends in spite of the age difference.

Hornet3d

Wise
Turlough was well aware that the late arrival of the drop team had put the whole mission at risk but if anyone could pull it off it was Caoimhe. As she concentrated on the job in hand Turlough was once more amazed at the way a person of such small stature, physically at least, could command such an immense vehicle. He was well aware that the machine did a lot of thinking for itself, packed as it was with the latest in Artificial Intelligence, but the key was still the pilot in the command seat. Caoimhe was one of, if not the best, that was not just his view but that of most her fellow pilots for they all knew from experience that it mattered little, if it travelled on land, sea, air or in space Caoimhe could pilot it to it's limits and often beyond.

Drop Point - Off At Last HW.jpg