• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

jonrea

Eager
Contributing Artist
Messing around creating Marvel stuff.

Hey Bub!

jonathan-rea-logan8.jpg

Cheers

Jon

Hornet3d

Wise
Turlough was a lot more at home using paper and seemed to have a good grasp of mathematics considering he had not had any of the enhancements but then that was not surprising considering his back ground. Even now as Caoimhe tried to make sense of the figures she was sub consciously trying to draw some conclusion on an imaginary pad she was holding. She wanted to doubt his conclusions and just dismiss them as a error but they all seemed to make sense. If true it left two burning questions, was the computer reports actually wrong and if so why, by accident or design?

Discocery HW.jpg

My first use of the AI denoiser that is part of of Paint Shop Pro 2021 Pro and Ultimate and I have to say I am impressed. If the AI upscaler, AI artifact remover and AI style transfer are as good it will be well worth the upgrade price.

Hornet3d

Wise
I have a render with my two characters in bed together but covered in all but head and shoulders by the bed clothes but clearly from the render they are naked otherwise. Based upon that description does that breach the terms of service for posing in the forum?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hmmmm, I'm not sure, as we don't have the options to post a warning that it might be unsuitable. That's something Renderosity has, but we don't have on this forum.

I think you may have to wait until Lisa is back on the forum to ask, but that may not be soon, as I think she may be without power because of Tropical Storm Isaias. I haven't seen her here all week.

Hornet3d

Wise
Hmmmm, I'm not sure, as we don't have the options to post a warning that it might be unsuitable. That's something Renderosity has, but we don't have on this forum.

I think you may have to wait until Lisa is back on the forum to ask, but that may not be soon, as I think she may be without power because of Tropical Storm Isaias. I haven't seen her here all week.

Thank you for taking the time to reply and I am happy to wait for Lisa as there is no hurry it was just that, like you I was not sure. Strangely enough I have posted it over on Renderosity but I did not check the nudity flag, it is not so much the nudity but the implied situation of the render.

Hornet3d

Wise
True, which is why I'd rather Lisa make the decision.

I totally understand and the last thing I want to do is break any rules. I will still have the render a few weeks from now, I guess I am more curious than wanting to add the render.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I'm not sure whether I've already mentioned this here or not. My current ongoing project is a redo of the first publications project I did which used 3D renders as the base for the illustrations.

I was still working in DS3 back then, and it fought me all the way. I did as well as I could at the time. But that time was over the course of 2010-2011. Both the available tech and my skills I think have improved somewhat since then.

Frankly, I'm redoing it because some of the illos are a bit embarrassing now. Still, they aren't alltogether bad, and it was a learning experience. And the original edition will remain posted until I have the new one ready to upload.

The project is a trilogy, and takes place in Harry Potter's first year, so there was a distinct attempt at the general look-and-feel of a kids' book. Consequently, there were a *lot* of illustrations.

The redo won't have as many, and about a third will be different ones. But it still comes to just under 70 of them. So, at a couple of days each (generally speaking) I think this will probably keep me occupied until the end of the year.

I thought I'd start posting them as I get them redone. I'll try to post them in order. But I may not do them in order, so not promises.

So. 'The Best Revenge' Book 1: The Accidental Guardian

As usual for most of my projects, the frontispiece depicts where the story starts. Which is Severus Snape's potions lab in Hogwarts castle in July 1991. Most of the castle's denizens appear to be very excited by the prospect of Harry Potter's arrival with the coming term.

Snape, on the other hand is becoming more disgruntled and resentful by the hour.

As depicted in 2011:
Frontspiece1-2011.jpg

And in 2020:
Frontspiece1-2020.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I always liked the illos you did the first time around, so I'll be interested in seeing what you come up with this time.

Hmmm, looks like you're off to a good start. ;)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Thank you! Working with something other than gen4 in a 64-bit version of the program is a *vast* improvement.

Plus there is a slew of great newer content available now than there was then.