• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yes, indeed.

I'm stuck in the middle one of those renders that's going to take a couple of 24-hour days to finish. Mostly made up of instances, but it takes a while to *render* all of those instances.

I'll probably be posting some more redos before too long. I'm just about done with the first volume of the trilogy. But not quite.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
:inverted:

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well, I am stuck with the render from hell. 3 Days in and it may finish by Wednesday. With the original version of this project it was volume 2 and the illo with Christmas trees. This time it's volume 1 and peacocks.

However, I am getting within sight of having volume one's illos redone, so I thought I'd post another comparison.

Minerva and the Hogwarts letters. 2011 (yeah, this is one of the ones that's a bit embarrassing).
Letters2011.jpg

And in 2020. (I'm going to crosse-post this one in Ken's thread as well).
Letters2011.jpg

And in 2020. (Yeah, I'm going to cross-post this one in Ken's thread as well.)

Letters2020.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
View attachment 63908

So cold, so sinister...
This render started with the title. I built the portrait with that title in mind. I started with some posing, then some expression experimentation, then mood lighting, and finally rendering in monochrome.

I am often surprised where the inspiration for a render comes from, it could be from reading a book, a scene on TV or in a movie, real life occurrence or sometimes it just seems to jump into conscious thought from some dark part of the mind. I do not normally like monochrome photographs or renders but here I find an exception. Great idea well implemented.

I am often surprised where the inspiration for a render comes from, it could be from reading a book, a scene on TV or in a movie, real life occurrence or sometimes it just seems to jump into conscious thought from some dark part of the mind. I do not normally like monochrome photographs or renders but here I find an exception. Great idea well implemented.

Thanks.
Most likely from movies 'Pulp Fiction' 'Natural Born Killers'

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well ~ahem~ I'm old enough to remember Black & White TV, and I always liked that look, though don't remember if I've ever tried it with a 3D render.

Nicely done JV.

Hornet3d

Wise
Well ~ahem~ I'm old enough to remember Black & White TV, and I always liked that look, though don't remember if I've ever tried it with a 3D render.

Nicely done JV.

Tee Hee, I am old enough as well and remember the old square wooden case TV which I used to watch most nights until they stopped broadcasting.....yes youngsters, they did stop broadcast in the evening. Some nights the most entertaining part was watching the screen shrink down to a ever decreasing white dot until it disappeared altogether.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I was so excited when we got our first color tv. Unfortunately, I had to babysit the first night The Wizard of Oz was on after we got the color tv. So, I watched the early part of the movie with Dorothy in Kansas (the Kansas scenes were filmed in black and white) at home, then had to rush down to the neighbors to babysit, where I "got" to watch Dorothy in Oz (the Oz scenes were filmed in Technicolor) on their black and white set.

I remember turning on the tv too early Saturday mornings and having to wait for the stations to start broadcasting again.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
We always had a colour TV that I knew of (colour TV started broadcasting here in 74, I'm a 72 model so I would have been a baby and not watching any TV so that doesn't count lol). We did have an small old B&W that my younger brother had in his room (no, not bitter my younger brother got stuff I didn't :rolleyes:) that we used to watch Dr Who on after school. I always thought Dr Who was made in B&W, was a real shock the first time I saw it in colour hahaha (actually, I think it was scarier as a kid watching it without colour, maybe they should have shot it in B&W) :)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
We got our first color TV in '65 when Dad retired. They'd been around for a while, but not terribly long. I think we got the B&W one in '52. We weren't the first there, either, but either the economy was very good, or the prices started dropping around then. Quite a lot of people bought in around that time.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
We got our first color TV in '65 when Dad retired. They'd been around for a while, but not terribly long. I think we got the B&W one in '52. We weren't the first there, either, but either the economy was very good, or the prices started dropping around then. Quite a lot of people bought in around that time.
We had the B&W TV when I was a youngster, at least until preteen. We moved in 1955, and we got the first color TV after the move, though I don't recall how much after, so it could've been that year.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I was so excited when we got our first color tv. Unfortunately, I had to babysit the first night The Wizard of Oz was on after we got the color tv. So, I watched the early part of the movie with Dorothy in Kansas (the Kansas scenes were filmed in black and white) at home, then had to rush down to the neighbors to babysit, where I "got" to watch Dorothy in Oz (the Oz scenes were filmed in Technicolor) on their black and white set.

I remember turning on the tv too early Saturday mornings and having to wait for the stations to start broadcasting again.

I remember being 4 and watching it for the first time.

Ever seen the Dark Side of Oz? I can't find a good youtube but Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon synchs perfectly to it.