• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'd never heard of Dark Side of Oz, so ... I looked it up.

Dark Side of the Rainbow – also known as Dark Side of Oz or The Wizard of Floyd – refers to the pairing of the 1973 Pink Floyd album The Dark Side of the Moon with the visual portion of the 1939 film The Wizard of Oz. This produces moments where the film and the album appear to correspond.​

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'd never heard of Dark Side of Oz, so ... I looked it up.

Dark Side of the Rainbow – also known as Dark Side of Oz or The Wizard of Floyd – refers to the pairing of the 1973 Pink Floyd album The Dark Side of the Moon with the visual portion of the 1939 film The Wizard of Oz. This produces moments where the film and the album appear to correspond.​

It's a trip. My son just found this copy:

It's a pain synching the album with the movie. Some people swear you start it on the 2nd lion road and some people the 3rd. This video seems to start later but I flipped though and it seems to work.

Hornet3d

Wise
Makes you wonder what the reaction would have been if you could travel back in time to the fifties with a modern 65 inch plasma screen, but then I guess you could wonder the same on so much of our modern day technology.

On a slight tangent, here in the UK one of the channels has run a documentary called Nat King Cole - Afraid of the Dark. I watched it because my father was a big fan and it turned out to be a real eyeopener as to life at that time, for me at least.

Hornet3d

Wise
I liked Nat King Cole, too, though my mother was a bigger fan.

Same here except it was my father who was the big fan. I grew up listening to him a lot and like some of his work, not a Christmas goes by without me breaking out his Christmas album.

Saphirewild

Brilliant
Portrait of my new muse Aron!
Aron Talks About Cookies.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well, I am closing on having completed the redo of the illos of volume 1 of the trilogy. Admittedly, that's less than a third of the project done. The first volume is shorter than the others. But, still, I have enough to start posting them fairly regularly.

Keep in mind that none of this is going to be posted on my site until I have the whole project completed.

I am deleting about a dozen illos overall. And about a third of the remainder are new ones, depicting different scenes.

The next one in volume one, is one of the new ones. Snape delivers Harry's Hogwarts letter. (The glasses had been knocked off by Dudley, and stepped on. Snape repaired them in a demonstration that magic is real.)

2020.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Illo #5, Ollivander's:

This is another new one with no equivalent in the original edition. (That one had Harry and Hedwig, staring at each other through the shop window.)

The old RedHouse shops are getting a workout in this project. As are the fairly antique Victorian street frontages (which I *think* are very early Stonemason, sold to DAZ and now only identified as DAZ Os). I used them in the first version, and don't see any reason to change that. A comparison between version on a lot of these illos is going to show a lot of the same assets used for both versions.

2020.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Next illo: the following morning Snape returns to Little Whinging. This time with Minerva McGonagall. Due to various political considerations, Harry is to remain at Privit Drive. He is not, however, going to be interacting with the Dursleys. They have quite thoroughly blotted their copybook where Harry is concerned.

Instead, as they explain over breakfast, they will turn his new room into a self-contained unit, and for the next month, his meals, laundry, and cleaning will be provided by one of the Hogwarts Elves. Snape and Minerva will be checking up on him on an almost daily basis.

The 2011 edition just had an illo of Harry looking out his window on a new morning, from his new room.
Here is the replacement for 2020.

2020.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
While Snape is dealing with the Dursleys, planting suggestions that he hopes will keep them away from Harry's refuge, and setting up a separate bank account for the Muggle child support stipend which the Dursleys had been collecting in Harry's name, Minerva and Harry engage in a bit of remodeling.

In the course of which, she demonstrates the benefits of the use of Transfiguration, teaches him how to ward his threshold with runes, and as a grace note, decorates the little apartment with a runic border.

The 2011 version just showed Harry at ease in his finished room.

2020.jpg

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Things coming full circle. Almost 12 years ago I started making coats for 3D horses, back then it was the MilHorse from Daz.
It all started because I wanted to do a render of a horse I had owned but couldn't find the right texture to match her so I started trying my hand at making one. Others saw what I was doing and both helped and encouraged me and begged for particular coats them selves. After a time I tried selling some and they did well but then a HD crash wiped 4 years of work and I lost heart.
Fast forward to the HiveWire Horse coming out and I started thinking of all the old coats I had done so I started on a few that had never got to see the light of day and then redid some of the ones I did for the MilHorse.
Today I finally finished redoing the coat that started it all :)
ThenNow.jpg

Sorry for the rambling