• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
Just playing.

Corridor Portrait HW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Ohhhhh, someone's got a new look. :)

She looks good as a redhead. ;)
??? She's always been a redhead. Just a darker red.

True, but I always refer to that darker shade of red as Auburn. Now there's no mistaking she's a redhead. ;)

First of all thank you for the comments and the interest. Caoimhe has been through a number of phases, she started out with really long black hair way back when I was using Dejavu hair by Fabiana, after about a year the style changed with the use of both Alanis and KiriTe hair again by Fabiana. The last two styes look a lot shorter but there is a lot of volume at the back of the head, I felt this was appropriate as the character is based on a shorter Dawn set at around five foot. Accordingly I felt this sort of style could be expected on such an individual as it would have the impression of giving more height (also the reason behind the some of the painful looking high heels I place on her) . The same concept was in play when, a few years later, I moved to using two more styles which were HR-169 and HR-099 hair by Mankahoo/Ali. It was at this point she became an auburn or red headed, I aged her slightly more at the same time and thought the slightly shorter hair was sort of believable. This latest is another from the Mankahoo/Ali stable and is HR 233 with the material coming from Wolfie with Touchable HR233. None of the styles are actually retired as I jump backward and forward in the story of this imaginary book I have in my head. The thoughts behind my renders come from many sources, books, films, TV adverts and even the words of songs can trigger ideas so I just sort of go with the flow and bounce back and forth with the hair styles.

Of course that is just a few of main hair styles, as I take Caoimhe back through time I use other styles and the ones I have listed above would not look right in say a medieval render or indeed anything based in Victorian times which is another love of mine.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
This latest is another from the Mankahoo/Ali stable and is HR 233 with the material coming from Wolfie with Touchable HR233.
I was wondering if that was one of Ali's. I like it, and yes, I always get Wolfie's materials for Ali's hairs, as it gives you more options. Guess where I'll be shopping in the new couple of days. ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
I was wondering if that was one of Ali's. I like it, and yes, I always get Wolfie's materials for Ali's hairs, as it gives you more options. Guess where I'll be shopping in the new couple of days. ;)

As you already know I, like you , really love Ali's hair styles though I rarely use the default texture but then the same can be said for most of the figures and props I use. They almost all have the option to work with Dawn and come with a vast array of options for changing the style and adding movement to the hair. The are also some that are very similar allowing some to be used to give a figure a bad hair day using a similar style to the norm

Hornet3d

Wise
It had been four weeks since Turlough had jumped back to his planet and timezone and she missed him far more than she ever thought possible. Her mood and become so much darker over the same four weeks as it dawned on her she may have made the biggest mistake of her life. She had lost one love so many years earlier and felt she would never find anyone to match who she had lost. Turlough, she now conceded had come close, but she had often compared him with her lost love, which, belatedly she accepted was unfair. Turloughs words still haunted her "I can't compete with a dead man, his memory never makes a mistake, never says the wrong thing or uses the wrong tone, you have to make the decision to either live in the imperfect present or the safe but never changing past." She had made the decision, those were his last she heard as she stormed out in huff, an action she she started to regret even as she walked home.

Before he left she had wanted to reach out but her pride stopped her, leading on the the inevitable with Turlough walking away and not once looking back. I irked her that he could do so and now, to her horror, she discovered he had taken one brief look back.

In one of her low moments Coaimhe had found the courage, or was it desperation, to visit the coffee shop, their coffee shop only to be presented not only with a coffee but a small package that had a massive impact on her. Now in the quiet corner she, amid sips of the coffee which she barely tasted she stared at the package with a mixture of intrigue and horror. Had she really hurt him that badly he could not bring himself to see her one last time and give her the box personally? Did he know before he left that she would return here in a desperate attempt to remember some of their more loving conversations held in this very spot?

Coffee Shop Thoughts HW.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Are we abandoning Dawn's own thread? I usually reserve this one for when I render other figures, or when my render has no people.

Hornet3d

Wise
Are we abandoning Dawn's own thread? I usually reserve this one for when I render other figures, or when my render has no people.

Whoops, my bad for which I apologise. The last one here I would probably have added to this thread as Dawn is only a small part of the scene but the others which are pretty well all portraits should have gone into the Dawn thread. I think it is important that the main Dawn thread is populated as I think that may well be the first place people considering using Dawn would look to see how she renders.

It was a pure mistake on my part but I will attempt to correct the situation before too long.

Hornet3d

Wise
Congratulations Hornet! Your Seeing Eye to Eye render has been chosen for Renderosity's Poser Staff picks this week! :D

Thank you so much for the heads up, I am surprised but at the same time it does give me a bit of a buzz. I guess like so many who play with 3D art, many of the family and friends do not really understand what, why or how we create renders so it I take a lot of pride from having a render selected by a group within the industry that clearly know what 3D art is all about, even though it is probably more luck than any sort of skill involved.

Shanarah

Admirable
Thank you so much for the heads up, I am surprised but at the same time it does give me a bit of a buzz. I guess like so many who play with 3D art, many of the family and friends do not really understand what, why or how we create renders so it I take a lot of pride from having a render selected by a group within the industry that clearly know what 3D art is all about, even though it is probably more luck than any sort of skill involved.
Congrats Hornet3d! :D