• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
Turlough had joined her much as she expected but she was dismayed that the greeting was not as warm as she had expected, clearly he was still annoyed that she had not taken him in to her confidence, he had no idea what she was doing here other than ‘research’. Caoimhe made them both a coffee but the air was tense and the talk was more of a distraction than being important. Turlough, made a comment, it was made a little out of annoyance, ‘if you really so into books you want to see the one with all the faces all over it’. His words had the effect he wanted but not to the degree he expected or the massive interest that it clearly generated in her.

The atmosphere went from being difficult to being frosty and unbearable, suddenly it all fell into place for Turlough. She had not returned to with him to make sure he was safe it was the book she was after. His accusation of the same accusation only made matters worse, partly Turlough suspected because it was true.

Despite her insistence that he had no idea what he was playing with he would not move an inch and just stopped talking. She implored him to rethink his position, the book needed to be in a safe placed, to be looked after.

“It is safe now and will remain safe long after you have gone, I will see to that.” His words stung her she had forgotten that one of the purposes of the visit was so that Turlough could decide if he wanted to make his return permanent or return with her to her place and time. Clearly he had made his mind up, except, she was very clear she had made his mind up for him. The book was indeed so much more important than he was, or her for that matter, but she did not have the book. Even if she did have the book she was not sure leaving Turlough was a price she was willing to pay.

A silence fell between them, each having taken a position it was going to be difficult to climb down from. Turlough had no idea what he could do, he felt betrayed and hurt and decided to do what he often did, stay quiet and see just how matters developed. Caoimhe on the other hand was in a position she rarely found herself, in a losing position with little to bargain with, at this very moment Turlough held all the cards.

Stand Off HWRD.jpg

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Turlough had joined her much as she expected but she was dismayed that the greeting was not as warm as she had expected, clearly he was still annoyed that she had not taken him in to her confidence, he had no idea what she was doing here other than ‘research’. Caoimhe made them both a coffee but the air was tense and the talk was more of a distraction than being important. Turlough, made a comment, it was made a little out of annoyance, ‘if you really so into books you want to see the one with all the faces all over it’. His words had the effect he wanted but not to the degree he expected or the massive interest that it clearly generated in her.

The atmosphere went from being difficult to being frosty and unbearable, suddenly it all fell into place for Turlough. She had not returned to with him to make sure he was safe it was the book she was after. His accusation of the same accusation only made matters worse, partly Turlough suspected because it was true.

Despite her insistence that he had no idea what he was playing with he would not move an inch and just stopped talking. She implored him to rethink his position, the book needed to be in a safe placed, to be looked after.

“It is safe now and will remain safe long after you have gone, I will see to that.” His words stung her she had forgotten that one of the purposes of the visit was so that Turlough could decide if he wanted to make his return permanent or return with her to her place and time. Clearly he had made his mind up, except, she was very clear she had made his mind up for him. The book was indeed so much more important than he was, or her for that matter, but she did not have the book. Even if she did have the book she was not sure leaving Turlough was a price she was willing to pay.

A silence fell between them, each having taken a position it was going to be difficult to climb down from. Turlough had no idea what he could do, he felt betrayed and hurt and decided to do what he often did, stay quiet and see just how matters developed. Caoimhe on the other hand was in a position she rarely found herself, in a losing position with little to bargain with, at this very moment Turlough held all the cards.

View attachment 55690

Well done! I really like this one!

Hornet3d

Wise
Well done! I really like this one!

Thank you , I am glad you like it.

I am trying to improve my renders by stretching my rather limited skill set. I rarely use default materials in my renders so I have been playing in the material room but I am no expert. In this case the library, which is Modular 3D Kits: Fantasy Library by ShaaraMuse3D and HWW0, had some nice stained glass but it was not really what I wanted so I tried to to make it a little more classical.

Satined Glass Changes.jpg

The stained glass is Stained Glass by kdwyermedia so I cannot take credit for that but with I little bit of playing in the material room I was able to mix the two products. I am sure I can do better but at least this is a proof of concept.

I am also trying to add more detail into the renders by adding more props or everyday stuff such as the coffee cups included in the scene. I am not really sure where this is going to take me but it is a least a step towards improving hopefully both my skills and my renders.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Thank you , I am glad you like it.

I am trying to improve my renders by stretching my rather limited skill set. I rarely use default materials in my renders so I have been playing in the material room but I am no expert. In this case the library, which is Modular 3D Kits: Fantasy Library by ShaaraMuse3D and HWW0, had some nice stained glass but it was not really what I wanted so I tried to to make it a little more classical.

The stained glass is Stained Glass by kdwyermedia so I cannot take credit for that but with I little bit of playing in the material room I was able to mix the two products. I am sure I can do better but at least this is a proof of concept.

I am also trying to add more detail into the renders by adding more props or everyday stuff such as the coffee cups included in the scene. I am not really sure where this is going to take me but it is a least a step towards improving hopefully both my skills and my renders.
I really did like the stained glass, it really added to the scene.

Hornet3d

Wise
The weather was dark with all the signs of an impending storm which reflected her mood admirably. The silence between them had spilled over from the night before and Turlough’s resolve had seemed unchanged making breakfast and quiet but stressful affair.

Now alone Caoimhe watched him make his way along the beach heading for the jagged cliffs beyond. There was no bounce in his step as he mindfully placed one foot after the other. His head down and his body bent to lean into the brisk wind filled with the first signs of rain and mixed with the spray from the rolling waves, it all made as sorrowful picture. She hoped he was just heading for a walk, her own mind rejecting the alternative that flashed through her brain momentarily. They had done that walk together more than once but always in better weather. This morning there was no invitation to join him so she decided stay and make use of the time to think.

She was sure Turlough would willingly hand over the book if he had been aware of it’s importance but then he would need to know the whole story. The thought made her feel very uncomfortable, she doubted he would believe her even if she took him into her confidence but, could she really ask him to return with her to her time and place while leaving him in the dark.

She thought briefly about trying to probe his mind, but she hated herself for even thinking of it. In any case the authorities had tried that when he had suddenly appeared in her time zone and the only outcome was expand their knowledge of nursery rhymes. For someone from such a backward time Turlough seemed to be very advanced and adept at blocking many of interrogation techniques.

Such memories forced her to wonder if it was even ethical to ask him to return but that looked an extremely unlikely possibility anyway. Unusually for her, she could not see a solution and the more she thought about it the more she became devoid of any idea of how to proceed.

The Fued HWRD.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Mid morning came and went but there was no sign of Turlough’s return but Caoiomhe was not overly concerned expecting he was not about to race back. When lunch time passed her concern grew and so, reluctantly she donned her walking gear and headed out with the intent of following the normal walk. That had been three hours ago and she had covered the walk twice with no sign of Turlough causing her concern to grow as did her anger. She was annoyed that he would make her worry like this but slowly the periods of anger diminished and the worry grew to fill it’s place.

All thoughts of the book were forced from her mind as she ran through all the reason why Turlough had not returned, from the mundane to the downright bizarre.

Thoughs by the Sea.jpg

Stezza

Dances with Bees
A Wacky SuperNatural Colt
devil

The Colt was a supernatural revolver created by the hunter Samuel Colt. John Winchester had been searching for it for many years. According to legend, anything shot by this gun, using one of its thirteen original bullets, would die, including supernatural creatures normally immune to any and all weapons.

Modeled in Carrara