• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Kitbashing some weapons and gear for my explorer corps.

I wasn't happy with the Pistol in "Dawn of the Future" - I want the guns used by my Explorer Core to have a mixed look of the much sleeker classic Raygun's and detailed weaponry. So I sat down over the last few days and kitbashed this pistol together. I am overall quite happy with it, though the materials need some sweetening yet. I will be making the Rifle companion soon.

Poser 2012, and a lot of parts from the old Davorama FVCS/GVCS line.

Full sized available in my DA gallery as always.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Continuing my efforts to Kitbash some gear for my Colonial Explorer Corps. I have put together this modernized interpretation of a classic Ray Rifle. I am not happy with the strap, but do not have a good, pose-able, IK, EZ Pose strap figure.

EM-4 Flash Pulse Rifle

This is assembled from a variety of elements from Davorama's FVCS/GVCS lines, with a few hidden effects items for future animation.

Hornet3d

Wise
It had all the signs of being a great Christmas and why not, he was back in his own time and Caoimhe was there to share the holiday with him. It all looked good but now Turlough was wondering if he could succeed in keeping his feelings for her locked up for the entirety of the holiday.

This Christmas HW.jpg

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Through the gale, and the sleet, and the snow, and the driving winds Santa flew - urging the Reindeer ever onward. The Winter Winds of the North buffeted and shook his sleigh, tossing him this way and that. His sack tumbled and came undone, and toys of all shapes and sizes began to spill out to be swallowed by the storm. With a mighty roar of Laughter and a ho-ho-ho Santa bellowed, "Oh no, we can't have any of that. The storm steal these toys, and tries for my hat!" He jerked on the Reins an brought the sleigh 'round into a Spiral to try to recaptured the toys that might be lost. "On Comet, on Cupid! On Donder, On Blitzen! On Dasher, On Dancer! On Prancer, On Vixen! We must save these toys, no matter the cost, 'else for some children Christmas is lost!"

A Contest Entry
Special thanks to my brother for helping with the inspiration.

Hornet3d

Wise
It had taken days and both of them could see holograms in their sleep but, despite the effort there was only one plan that seemed to have a chance of working. Turlough was clearly prepared to give the raid a shot but they both knew this was looking very much like a mission neither of them would return from.

Raid Planning HW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Outer space renders are my favorite. :)

Thank you, I love doing space renders but there is little in the way of content so I do feel limited and thus I rarely create such renders. Space backgrounds are quite common but 3D space content not quite so much. Recently Shawnaloroc at Rendo has produced some nice 3D content with add on materials to add to the versatility. They certainly give you a lot more to play with when building galaxies.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I think you're on the right track. I don't know what you're using as a reference photo, but you might want to check out Angel for V4 at DAZ as a reference photo. She's the character I used for my Angelina Locked and Loaded render, and looks very much like Angelina Jolie.

Hornet3d

Wise
I need to correct that last statement, I do get the newsletter but my email program sends it to the spam folder on occasions. So my mistake I was just not looking for the newsletters, well not until now anyway.

Wow, fame at last, only kidding I suspect it was more to do with the fact they had a Christmas theme more than any other merit, still I am not going to complain. Still nice to see my renders being used outside my gallery and with Dawn featuring in both it should help to dispel the myth that Dawn does not work in Poser, assuming there are still some out there that still hold that belief.

Thanks again Glitterati3D I would not have gone looking if it had not been for your post. Have a great time in the coming week.