• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
The fireworks outside the penthouse were nearly at and end but, if there had been any one there to observe it, they might have suspected the fireworks inside might only be just starting.

Fireworks HW.jpg

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I need to correct that last statement, I do get the newsletter but my email program sends it to the spam folder on occasions. So my mistake I was just not looking for the newsletters, well not until now anyway.

Wow, fame at last, only kidding I suspect it was more to do with the fact they had a Christmas theme more than any other merit, still I am not going to complain. Still nice to see my renders being used outside my gallery and with Dawn featuring in both it should help to dispel the myth that Dawn does not work in Poser, assuming there are still some out there that still hold that belief.

Thanks again Glitterati3D I would not have gone looking if it had not been for your post. Have a great time in the coming week.

Nah, I suspect it was also a response to the sudden development of the Render Counting Police. ;-)

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I'll say. That's a lovely holiday render Pom. :)

Thank you Miss B. I got lucky when Daz had one of their flash sales. Usually I am to late because I live in a different time-zone but I was still up late a couple of days ago, or got up really early depending on your point of view, and found they had a flash sale on Jack Tomalin. $ 2,99 for selected items I think so I bought that Art Deco livingroom.
I just adore his items, they are for Daz & Poser. They look so awesome that I want to live in that house LOL

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, Jack was always a favorite DAZ vendor for me as well. His items just got too expensive over the past few years, but if you can get them on a good sale then, yes, go for it, as the quality of his products are always excellent.

Riccardo

Adventurous
Back at you Riccardo, and that's a great holiday render for sure. ;)
Thank you Miss B. Actually, I had some technical issues with this image, but this render is close enough to what I was trying to do (I'd say that most of the nice atmosphere is courtesy of Howie Farkes' Snow scene for Carrara).

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh yes, I remember playing with some of his stuff back when I was playing in Carrara 8, or was it Carrara 8.5? I don't remember which version it was, but he had nice products.

Riccardo

Adventurous
Oh yes, I remember playing with some of his stuff back when I was playing in Carrara 8, or was it Carrara 8.5? I don't remember which version it was, but he had nice products.
In my case it's Carrara 8.5 Pro, but the Snow scene works in previous versions too. This is rendered in Carrara 6 Pro. It complained that proper leaves cannot be found and uses default ones, but this is probably due to my installation of the scene in C8.5 (it was not included in C6 Pro), and anyway, the resulting render in both versions of the program is very similar.

Attachments

• Howie_Farkes-Snow_Scene-Carrara6Pro.jpg
    Howie_Farkes-Snow_Scene-Carrara6Pro.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 219

Miss B

CV-BEE
In my case it's Carrara 8.5 Pro, but the Snow scene works in previous versions too. This is rendered in Carrara 6 Pro. It complained that proper leaves cannot be found and uses default ones, but this is probably due to my installation of the scene in C8.5 (it was not included in C6 Pro), and anyway, the resulting render in both versions of the program is very similar.
Oh yes, I remember it now. Now I'm also pretty sure I was playing with 8.5 when it first became a public Beta. I never went further with Carrara, as I never felt as comfortable with it as I did with DS and Poser back then.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
AM's modeling is getting better all the time. But he's always depended too much on the fur to cover up any trouble spots. Of course, all of his creatures have pretty much always come with fur. Even if at the beginning it was just displacement fur.

Riccardo

Adventurous
Since I had some technical issues, the picture I sent for Christmas was not complete...
But now I have finished it. And it splitted in two versions: daytime and night-evening.
I am finally happy with them :)
Again, Happy New Year and Decade!

Santa knows where a tree belongs...
Daytime
Inverno2019-1280-Day.jpg

Evening/Night time
Inverno2019-1280-Night.jpg

Made in Carrara 8.5 Pro