• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, I bought a lot of his products when I was still a PC/PC+ member, as then the prices were more affordable, especially when it was a DAZ Original. He definitely does quality work, no question about it.

I know you're not a fan of Renderosity, but there are several vendors there who do some great outer space products such as spaceships and space stations.

Hornet3d

Wise
Yes, I bought a lot of his products when I was still la PC/PC+ member, as then the prices were more affordable, especially when it was a DAZ Original. He definitely does quality work, no question about it.

I know you're not a fan of Renderosity, but there are several vendors there who do some great outer space products such as spaceships and space stations.

As you say there are a couple of good vendors doing such work as Renderosity and I have purchased a lot from a few of them when i was shopping there. Unfortunately not even wild horses could get me back there to shop which is a shame..

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Each to his own preferences Hornet. I don't shop at DAZ anymore, and not just their DS products. I haven't bought any Poser compatible products there in several years either.

Hornet3d

Wise
Each to his own preferences Hornet. I don't shop at DAZ anymore, and not just their DS products. I haven't bought any Poser compatible products there in several years either.

Absolutely we all have our preferences often formed by the way we were treated by a different company or our personal views on their ethics and each has the same validity. Strange thing is, despite having problems with the shop it was the way I was treated in their forum which was the last straw and I am not one to hang around if I am not wanted. Anyway it was a long time ago but I think most of us have a place or places where we will not shop, even here some people do not visit Hivewire as it is 'too nice'. It takes all sorts.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Rendered in Carrara.

The boy stood on the burning deck
His pocket full of crackers
When a spark flew up his trouser leg
And blew off both his........................

Crackers.png

Hornet3d

Wise
So with a little more reading and more experimentation I am beginning to understand lighting in Octane a little better. The power of the lights can be adjusted but exposure is another parameter that clearly has an effect. The use of the emitter from within Octane is possible with a few clicks. This is a scene I built earlier and I remember the render was an overnight session so over eight hours, in this instance there are no material changes other than to set an emitter up on the red floor lights. This is with Octane set to 10,000 samples, it took up fractionally over 2gig of GPU memory and the render completed in 24 minutes and 44 seconds.

Corridor HW.jpg

Carey

Extraordinary
So with a little more reading and more experimentation I am beginning to understand lighting in Octane a little better. The power of the lights can be adjusted but exposure is another parameter that clearly has an effect. The use of the emitter from within Octane is possible with a few clicks. This is a scene I built earlier and I remember the render was an overnight session so over eight hours, in this instance there are no material changes other than to set an emitter up on the red floor lights. This is with Octane set to 10,000 samples, it took up fractionally over 2gig of GPU memory and the render completed in 24 minutes and 44 seconds.

View attachment 42243
sharp looking

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Meanwhile, back in the swamp hut, Saunders's ritual has opened a gateway, and the Dementors have indeed been called out of our world through it. The issue now is to get the gateway closed before anything from the other side decides to come through from the other direction and start hunting. And *something* shows every intention of doing so.

It is only now that Saunders admits that a human sacrifice is necessary to close the gate, and that he is willing for Snape to sacrifice him to do it.

The assumption that once again *he* is supposed to do the dirty work sends Snape off in a rage. He foods the gateway with Fiendfyre until whatever is on the other side slams it closed themselves.

The shack explodes just as Fawkes gets to it.
17-Fiendfyre.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Meanwhile, Hurricane Georges is hitting its stride. Which at least gives Fawkes a tailwind that helps him to get Snape and Saunders back to Bayou Academy.

Kat and Angie are still watching the boundaries, inside the school's protective wards (which also keep out the weather, although they aren't going to risk the students, regardless). Shortly before Fawkes makes it back, another pair of refugees from the storm make their way to Bayou Doctor Proctor and his wife, Arusha have been advised to get away by the Muggle authorities, and they have decided to let their old house wash away and rebuild, to allay any suspicions.

Their arrival turns out to be a good thing, since Saunders is in some state of shock, and Snape is magically exhausted, while the school healer is away with the evacuated students at the stadium in New Orleans.

Arusha, however has her medical kit.
18-Carpet.jpg