I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Discussion in 'It's About the Art!' started by Stezza, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Stezza

Stezza Extraordinary

some more wacky buildings modeled in Carrara

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Niiiiiiiiiice. Certainly didn't take you long, that's for sure.

3. Stezza

Stezza Extraordinary

These are the basis of all three models... using Carrara's replicator tool to create the walls and columns from these simple models I made..

Other items were just cubes, cylinders and spheres and cones of which there was one of each then duplicated which where then resized and made the rooves and floors.. once you get on a roll it doesn't take long.

wacky hey [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Carey, Rae134 and Dakorillon (IMArts) like this.
  4. Miss B

That's what it takes to model buildings like that. I'm taking a Blender course, and I have lifetime access, so have been taking my time, and one of the later sections is to model a Gothic Cathedral. From what I've seen by folks who have already completed that exercise, I can't wait.

Dakorillon (IMArts) and Stezza like this.
  5. Stezza

Stezza Extraordinary

awesome.... I'm waiting for this new blender version to come out and I'll give it a try..

I put a couple of the models into a scene.... using Kens flock formations.. :flower02:

[​IMG]

Carey, Rae134, Janet and 4 others like this.
  6. Miss B

I've been using Blender for years, so not sure I'm looking forward to learning a new UI, but it's supposedly going to be a lot easier for folks who've never used Blender, because they don't like the current UI.

From what I understand, the new version's supposed to come out of Beta some time in January. I'm certainly looking forward to their new EEVEE render engine, not that I do many final renders in Blender. I use it more for modeling and UV mapping.

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.
  7. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

Breaking News - Thanks to the exceptional skills of Petipet, travel to the Solaris Space Station is now much easier as the Transportation Portal is brought on stream.

Solaris Portal HW 2.jpg

8. Miss B

WOW, he does such nice work.

9. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

Caoimhe studied the results for the tests but there was nothing to explain the random results the outer marked probe had been transmitting in recent days.

Edesa Probes HW.jpg

Me195, Rae134, Janet and 2 others like this.
  10. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

She had no idea what was going on but this late at night it had to be something very wrong. The vehicle of choice intrigued her, it spoke more of ritual than anything else, but, whatever it was she needed to know more.

Grave Concerns HW.jpg

Me195, Rae134, Janet and 3 others like this.
  11. Carey

Carey Extraordinary

12. Rokket

Rokket Dances with Bees

Anyone remember me? I've been out of action for awhile. I am still writing the Powerpuff Girls script, but I haven't done anything post worthy where renders are concerned...

Carey, Hornet3d, Miss B and 2 others like this.
  13. Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dakorillon (IMArts) Extraordinary Contributing Artist

I remember you! Welcome back.

14. Lorraine

Lorraine The Wicked Witch of the North CV-BEE

You and me both, Rokket! Welcome back to us both :balloon02:

Janet and Dakorillon (IMArts) like this.
  15. Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dakorillon (IMArts) Extraordinary Contributing Artist

Welcome back to you Lorraine, too!

Lorraine likes this.
  16. Dreamer

Dreamer Dream Weaver Designs Contributing Artist

Course we remember you, (both of you), you 'ant been MIA that long

Lorraine likes this.
  17. Stezza

Stezza Extraordinary

let me just go through my little black book....... hmm... ahh... yes there you are.... I remember now :devil" :)

Modeled a Triplane today and a Snoopy Kennel as well as Snoopy ( from another day )... well, it was all modeled and rendered in Carrara :) :flower02:

Snoopy and the Red Baron.png

Me195, Rae134, Carey and 4 others like this.
  18. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

Yes, welcome back both of you, you were missed.

19. JOdel

JOdel Extraordinary HW Honey Bear

Ron and Harry leave after their (frankly, rather bizarre) discussion with Snape, and Snape rests up in the infirmary.

He does get a visit from Darkness and Mysteria, back from the stadium once the hurricane passes by. They have found and adopted the disembodied hand.
    They named her Fingerella.
    (This image is probably not going to be included in the final project. It's been replaced by another)

20-Endpiece1.jpg

Me195, Rae134, Janet and 3 others like this.
  20. Stezza

Stezza Extraordinary

TriPlane I Modeled and rendered in Carrara.. available over yonder in the Wacky modeling Thread.

[​IMG]