I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Discussion in 'It's About the Art!' started by Stezza, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Nicely done Stezza. I can't wait to see what you create in Blender. ;)

Stezza likes this.
  2. Stezza

Stezza Extraordinary

Thankyou, I see the beta is now available... must go and and have a peek :unsure:

I hope I will be able to use it without too much of a learning curve... :cautious:

3. Miss B

There are lots of tutorials, and give me a few, because the moderator on the Renderosity Blender forum, who I'm friendly with, posted a link to a bunch of YouTube videos that will help with the new UI.

4. Miss B

OK, here's a link to the Blender Developers You Tube Channel. I haven't looked at any of these yet, but have them bookmarked.

What I'm really looking forward to playing with is the new EEVEE real time render engine. ;)

5. Rokket

Rokket Dances with Bees

I've been watching for the release of Blender 2.8 too. I have been following a few Blender gurus and watching what they are doing with the alpha. I am waiting for a stable release before I download it. The potential there is exciting.

6. Miss B

It's been in Beta for a while now, and from what I've read elsewhere, should be in final release some time next month.

7. Stezza

Stezza Extraordinary

Playing around in Carrara :flower02:

Red Baron in trouble2.png

Dan30, Me195, Hornet3d and 2 others like this.
  8. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

Stezza likes this.
  9. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

Another module in the Solaris Station by Petipet, in this case the Solaris Corridor. It is rendered using Octane and has had a few of the materials tweaked including adding emitters
    to the lights.

In the Plantation HW.jpg

Miss B, Me195 and Rae134 like this.
  10. Rae134

Rae134 Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Nice Hronet! I wish I could afford Octane :( its nicer than SF I think

11. Rokket

Rokket Dances with Bees

That's what I am waiting for. In the meantime, I need to start modeling so I can do everything I want to do all within that program, and not use 2 or 3 different programs like I am now.

12. Rokket

Rokket Dances with Bees

13. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

For me Superfly is a big improvement on Firefly and when you think is is included with the Poser it is a good cost effective solution to produce some decent renders. Good as Octane is, as you alluded to, it is expensive and I have looked at Octane renders with envy for a good few years but knew it was well out of my price range. The subscription model is certainly a cheaper way in but for me it was not the answer as they only accept payment by PayPal and I do not use that. The only reason I now have it was because I took a pension early a few years ago and a few years later the company went bust. There was then a long legal argument over the companies assets which was expected to take two to three years and during that time I was paid a reduced pension. In the end the legal battle took over ten years and when it was finally resolved a few months ago as a result, not only did my pension rise, but there was a lump sum payment as well. The legal battle took so long that by the time it was resolved I also qualified for the UK state pension. End result was, though I am far from rich, I found myself with a comfortable income and a nice little sum in the bank. The first thing I did was to organise it so my wife, who is six years younger than me, could also retire early but after that I still had some money so I decided to treat myself. I started with a high end computer that has a spec that I never dreamed I would ever own and as it was equipped with a graphics card that could make good use of Octane I decided to go the whole hog. It has been a good year and I realise just how lucky I am but as the years pile up it the fact that you cannot take it with you comes to the fore and as the lump sum was money I had never expected I did not feel guilty about spending it.

Rae134 likes this.
  14. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

Rokket likes this.
  15. KageRyu

KageRyu Rabid Art Monkey Contributing Artist

The Old Gods may yet return
    [​IMG]

Rae134, Miss B and Hornet3d like this.
  16. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

A beautiful creation with a great story line, this is not only stunning but exceptional.

17. Rokket

Rokket Dances with Bees

I finally found some time to put the finishing touches on their costumes. I added gloves that matched their personalities. I was going to add a choker, but I think it's a bit over the top. I am well into the script, but real life has taken over, and I am working my butt off.

18. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

I'm retired but despite that real life in having a major impact on my play time so I can relate to your difficulties.

19. Rokket

Rokket Dances with Bees

I am 52, so a long way from retirement. I am a federal employee working for the Navy. I sail on the ships that replenish the Navy at sea. We get really busy for long periods of time. It can make getting anything artistic done a real pain. I am too tired in the evenings to even turn my laptop on, let alone create anything.

Hornet3d and Rae134 like this.
  20. Stezza

Stezza Extraordinary

Modeling a Tiger Moth.. my old man used to belt around in them when he had down time during the war... he loved his Tiger Moth for pleasure but mainly flew the Hurricane.
    Modeled & rendered in Carrara. :flower02:

[​IMG]

Carey, Dan30, Janet and 1 other person like this.