• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Thankyou, I see the beta is now available... must go and and have a peek :unsure:

I hope I will be able to use it without too much of a learning curve... :cautious:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
There are lots of tutorials, and give me a few, because the moderator on the Renderosity Blender forum, who I'm friendly with, posted a link to a bunch of YouTube videos that will help with the new UI.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I've been watching for the release of Blender 2.8 too. I have been following a few Blender gurus and watching what they are doing with the alpha. I am waiting for a stable release before I download it. The potential there is exciting.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I've been watching for the release of Blender 2.8 too. I have been following a few Blender gurus and watching what they are doing with the alpha. I am waiting for a stable release before I download it. The potential there is exciting.
It's been in Beta for a while now, and from what I've read elsewhere, should be in final release some time next month.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Playing around in Carrara :flower02:

Red Baron in trouble2.png

Rokket

Dances with Bees
It's been in Beta for a while now, and from what I've read elsewhere, should be in final release some time next month.
That's what I am waiting for. In the meantime, I need to start modeling so I can do everything I want to do all within that program, and not use 2 or 3 different programs like I am now.

Hornet3d

Wise
Nice Hronet! I wish I could afford Octane :( its nicer than SF I think

For me Superfly is a big improvement on Firefly and when you think is is included with the Poser it is a good cost effective solution to produce some decent renders. Good as Octane is, as you alluded to, it is expensive and I have looked at Octane renders with envy for a good few years but knew it was well out of my price range. The subscription model is certainly a cheaper way in but for me it was not the answer as they only accept payment by PayPal and I do not use that. The only reason I now have it was because I took a pension early a few years ago and a few years later the company went bust. There was then a long legal argument over the companies assets which was expected to take two to three years and during that time I was paid a reduced pension. In the end the legal battle took over ten years and when it was finally resolved a few months ago as a result, not only did my pension rise, but there was a lump sum payment as well. The legal battle took so long that by the time it was resolved I also qualified for the UK state pension. End result was, though I am far from rich, I found myself with a comfortable income and a nice little sum in the bank. The first thing I did was to organise it so my wife, who is six years younger than me, could also retire early but after that I still had some money so I decided to treat myself. I started with a high end computer that has a spec that I never dreamed I would ever own and as it was equipped with a graphics card that could make good use of Octane I decided to go the whole hog. It has been a good year and I realise just how lucky I am but as the years pile up it the fact that you cannot take it with you comes to the fore and as the lump sum was money I had never expected I did not feel guilty about spending it.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Nice to see you back in the saddle.
I finally found some time to put the finishing touches on their costumes. I added gloves that matched their personalities. I was going to add a choker, but I think it's a bit over the top. I am well into the script, but real life has taken over, and I am working my butt off.

Hornet3d

Wise
I finally found some time to put the finishing touches on their costumes. I added gloves that matched their personalities. I was going to add a choker, but I think it's a bit over the top. I am well into the script, but real life has taken over, and I am working my butt off.

I'm retired but despite that real life in having a major impact on my play time so I can relate to your difficulties.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I am 52, so a long way from retirement. I am a federal employee working for the Navy. I sail on the ships that replenish the Navy at sea. We get really busy for long periods of time. It can make getting anything artistic done a real pain. I am too tired in the evenings to even turn my laptop on, let alone create anything.