• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Stezza

Dances with Bees
some more wacky buildings modeled in Carrara

Stezza

Dances with Bees
These are the basis of all three models... using Carrara's replicator tool to create the walls and columns from these simple models I made..

Other items were just cubes, cylinders and spheres and cones of which there was one of each then duplicated which where then resized and made the rooves and floors.. once you get on a roll it doesn't take long.

wacky hey

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That's what it takes to model buildings like that. I'm taking a Blender course, and I have lifetime access, so have been taking my time, and one of the later sections is to model a Gothic Cathedral. From what I've seen by folks who have already completed that exercise, I can't wait.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
awesome.... I'm waiting for this new blender version to come out and I'll give it a try..
I've been using Blender for years, so not sure I'm looking forward to learning a new UI, but it's supposedly going to be a lot easier for folks who've never used Blender, because they don't like the current UI.

From what I understand, the new version's supposed to come out of Beta some time in January. I'm certainly looking forward to their new EEVEE render engine, not that I do many final renders in Blender. I use it more for modeling and UV mapping.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
let me just go through my little black book....... hmm... ahh... yes there you are.... I remember now :devil" :)

Modeled a Triplane today and a Snoopy Kennel as well as Snoopy ( from another day )... well, it was all modeled and rendered in Carrara :) :flower02:

Snoopy and the Red Baron.png

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Ron and Harry leave after their (frankly, rather bizarre) discussion with Snape, and Snape rests up in the infirmary.

He does get a visit from Darkness and Mysteria, back from the stadium once the hurricane passes by. They have found and adopted the disembodied hand.
They named her Fingerella.
(This image is probably not going to be included in the final project. It's been replaced by another)

20-Endpiece1.jpg