• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I guess I got to playing around again. I was trying to do something completely different, and then she insisted on having her picture taken and wouldn't let me work until I did. LOL

G3F for a change...

Rayvn.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh the lighting is looking really good in the first render, and the second render is looking good too. Cropping an image so your subject is evenly centered is a good trick to learn. I usually try to do the centering in whatever 3D app I happen to be using, but when I get it into Photoshop, I often find I have to crop something somewhere, so getting used to doing it, will only help get your render finished quicker. ;)

Saphirewild

Brilliant
Oh the lighting is looking really good in the first render, and the second render is looking good too. Cropping an image so your subject is evenly centered is a good trick to learn. I usually try to do the centering in whatever 3D app I happen to be using, but when I get it into Photoshop, I often find I have to crop something somewhere, so getting used to doing it, will only help get your render finished quicker. ;)
Yes I was having quite the time figuring out just what was considered good lighting for different renders, the dolphins was the biggest project I worked on this year because I decided I was going to learn just how to do the lighting right for dark renders.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I just had to try out my new 3Delight AOA lighting
I think I did a pretty good job with it!!

Do you have the link to AOA's actual userguide website? It's a wonderful set of lights - I use them in almost everything I make. But they do take a little bit of reading to get the understanding for how they work. They have a lot of settings on them. :)

Your renders are looking good, though. ^_^

Riccardo

Adventurous
This is the Vampire who wished you a Happy Halloween last year.
Yet, you have not seen her clearly. I believe it is about time I introduced her officially.

Behold! In front of you stands a creature who is scary and ravishing at the same time.

Halloween2018-R_Corso-CarraraLogo.jpg

Do not fear, though. Because of the distance and the screen between you and her, there is no real danger.
The important thing, as everyone knows, is to avoid looking into the eyes of a vampire, so that its hypnotic abilities cannot be effective.

...Even though this is a well-known fact, I suddenly feel that I should have made sure in advance you were aware of it...
Whooops!

Happy Halloween!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Harry, in the meantime, has taken it into his head (correctly!) that Snape is alive and that one of the crewmen on the Knight Boat which picked up the animals was Snape in disguise. He and Ron have determined the Knight Boat's schedule and Harry is determined to get there and speak to him. Ron gets dragged along in an attempt to limit the damage.

They make it to New Orleans, and start flying on their brooms south toward Bayou Academy where the boat is due to make a pickup. They do not realize that there is a hurricane on the way to meet them as well.

First, however, they fly into a Dementor fog, have to land, and have a near-encounter with a twitchy, but still dangerous Dementor.
(BTW, the disembodied hand has hitched a ride in Harry's backpack.)
16-R+H-Attack.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
WHOA!!! That looks fantastic Hornet!! I'm into outer space renders, and I always liked Petipet's goodies back when I could afford them. :D

Hornet3d

Wise
WHOA!!! That looks fantastic Hornet!! I'm into outer space renders, and I always liked Petipet's goodies back when I could afford them. :D

I have always loved Petipet's goodies and while they can be expensive they are always good value and I have purchased almost all while on sale. I have purchased some at full price, if I have an idea of how to use it in a render immediately. With so few vendors creating this sort of content for Poser I tend to buy less but pay a little more for what I do buy. Happily Petipet is still producing a Poser version of his content and I hope that continues.