• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Stezza

Dances with Bees
A few Carrara'ists have been playing around with the NPR renderer in Carrara..
Here a a couple I have done to share with you.
Rendered in Carrara ( usualy several renders & composited in PSE )

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
In all the time I posted images at the DAZ forums, I rarely got feedback. The few times someone commented on my art, I was rather ... gobsmacked. I honestly did not know people liked my art. I thought my stuff was just too odd or that people didn't like me.

Personally, I have only posted twice at the DAZ forums, but was not well received. They seem to care a LOT about what programs I use, and things started to get hostile, so I left before the flaming heated up. Even when I was just asking for technical help with DS, I didn't appreciate the condescending tone from the replies. I still occasionally buy from DAZ, but I keep my distance from the forums. Thanks goodness the forums here are quite civilized and respectful. I have learned to appreciate that.

Hornet3d

Wise
Personally, I don't have an issue with this topic being temporarily side tracked with discussion. It's not an "official" type HiveWire product render topic. Even if it were, we all know topics tend to wander periodically.

That said, if anyone feels the discussion should be separated from the images, just say so, and one of us CV-Bees will move it to a new topic.

We're really rather easy going here, and it's rare we need to remind someone to keep discussions respectful.

Oh and ... CV-Bees are Community Volunteers who keep this place buzzing along :wink:
We just don't have a need to carry a big stick. Hopefully, we never will!

My personal view is that any thread that gets to 90+ pages is going to have gone off topic along the way and I have no real issue with that. I have had a couple of my posts here moved to their own thread and I have no issue with that either. As long as those interested in the subject knows where to go I don't see it as a problem with it being moved but I like the way it has been handled here so far.

Hornet3d

Wise
In all the time I posted images at the DAZ forums, I rarely got feedback. The few times someone commented on my art, I was rather ... gobsmacked. I honestly did not know people liked my art. I thought my stuff was just too odd or that people didn't like me. Which I'm sure was true in some cases :p

Anyway, I've had quite a few heart to heart talks with myself. Did I need feedback to validate my art or me as an artist or was I confident enough in myself, my vision, and my skills? Of course, it helped that my sculpture, ceramics, and drawing instructors thought highly of my work ... and that my sculptures had been accepted into exhibitions and galleries. So, even though what I do now is different from what I did then, it's still art.

Yes. I DO care what others think, and I am thrilled beyond belief when someone comments. But, I really do create art for myself ... and even if everyone hated my art, I'd probably still post it because I also need it to be seen. It's just not enough to create it and store it on a hard drive unseen by anyone but me.

Eventually, I realized a lot of people (including me) often appreciate what someone posted, but don't always leave a comment or click Like. By the time I get home from work, there are SOOO many posts to read and respond to. Unfortunately, I tend to spend an eternity writing a single post ... even when the post ends up being a short paragraph!

Which means I'd still be at the computer reading and posting well after 1 am, and I would have got nothing else done!

Personally, I have only posted twice at the DAZ forums, but was not well received. They seem to care a LOT about what programs I use, and things started to get hostile, so I left before the flaming heated up. Even when I was just asking for technical help with DS, I didn't appreciate the condescending tone from the replies. I still occasionally buy from DAZ, but I keep my distance from the forums. Thanks goodness the forums here are quite civilized and respectful. I have learned to appreciate that.

I don't think I ever posted anything at Daz, if I did it was a longtime ago and a rare occurrence, which is weird really as I used to visit the Daz galleries on a daily basis when I first started Playing with 3D art. I did have a gallery at Rendo for many years where I had limited, but useful feedback, and it was a really positive experience for me. The same could be said for the forums there where I used to upload images that I thought was appropriate to the thread. Again the experience was fairly positive but when Genesis was released it all seemed to change. I am not saying that the change was the fault of Genesis or Daz, I am just using that to place it on a timeline. There were a number of things that to conspired to change the nature and that is all in the past but it does mean that things are now very different.

I no longer have a gallery at Renderosity and tend to just monitor the forums with the occasional comment (which must average out at around one a month). With RDNA now gone, which I used briefly, Hivewire is the only place left that I upload any images. I do create art to please myself but that does not mean that feedback here does not affect what I create, the feedback on my use of dynamic cloth certainly changed a lot of my renders from that point. In one sense negative comments do not have an impact on me but I do respect the people here at Hivewire so I would give a great deal of thought to any feedback, positive or negative.

The one thing I am confident here is that any feedback is honest and not part of some hidden agenda to try and change what I use or what faction I should support.

Hornet3d

Wise
She had done all she could and now it was just a question of waiting. Now she had nothing more to do she had time to think of her own future, whatever happen to him it looked bleak. The authorities would not take kindly to her borrowing a ship whatever her reasons might be. She had no regrets but wanted so desperately for it to have been worth it, she wanted him to survive. If he did not the only plus would be that she would care a lot less about what happened to her.

Bunker 2HW.jpg

quietrob

Extraordinary
She had done all she could and now it was just a question of waiting. Now she had nothing more to do she had time to think of her own future, whatever happen to him it looked bleak. The authorities would not take kindly to her borrowing a ship whatever her reasons might be. She had no regrets but wanted so desperately for it to have been worth it, she wanted him to survive. If he did not the only plus would be that she would care a lot less about what happened to her.

View attachment 25048
He looks fit but too frail survive. I don't think he's going to make it. I think she should've tried more nanobots.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
@Hornet3d really enjoying the story and the imagery. Do you think it likely that you will gather all the parts together in one place at some point? I would love to be able to read through from start to end with out having to hunt through the forums :)

quietrob

Extraordinary
@Hornet3d and @Dreamer I would think story book format would be best. Full page with word balloons just doesn't work as well. Plus the story book format would give you a chance to write what's been rolling around in your head for years. From one who knows...

Still if it's too much trouble, don't stop what you're doing.