• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Still playing with LAMH, hair shaders, and "Mutations," but there were so many wishlisted dragon breeds on sale recently that they somehow joined the mix...
Summoning the Elements

That's an amazing render, Vort! I like everything about it. ^____^

@Hornet3d Same here, RO TOS was killing me. I have found my new home at DA, where the TOS are at least reasonable.

@carmen indorato I personally believe that the politically correct movement has been a disfavor to humanity. Like you, I tend to see and call things for what they are. But when it comes to nudity, all it did for me was to hijack my gallery, where everything else I posted gets ignored. I like to widen the content variety in my gallery, but nudes were creating an artistic bottleneck where I don't get a single comments unless it's a nude. I have nothing against nudes, and I still sometimes post an occasional one, because that's part of the variety I like to cultivate. I just have to be careful not to repeat mistakes from the past, and allow this to hijack my gallery again - a point that had no return in my personal experience. At least one GOOD thing came out of starting over my gallery - DA has been a much more responsive community, and their feedback has greatly helped me grow as an artist over the years. Getting myself exposed to artists from all (non-3D) medias was the best thing that happened to me. :D

quietrob

Extraordinary
unfortunately sites that cater to that genre are becoming fewer and even some of the sites that have dedicated to it are starting to get hassled by their ISPs and more conservative patrons to tone things down o cease and desist.
oh well!

BTW sorry everyone an especially Chris for hijacking this thread with contentious and unrelated discourse.

...and i crawl back into the shadows! :)

There is nothing to apologize for. We will not be suppressing any thoughts here today.

Hornet3d

Wise

@Hornet3d Same here, RO TOS was killing me. I have found my new home at DA, where the TOS are at least reasonable.

@carmen indorato I personally believe that the politically correct movement has been a disfavor to humanity. Like you, I tend to see and call things for what they are. But when it comes to nudity, all it did for me was to hijack my gallery, where everything else I posted gets ignored. I like to widen the content variety in my gallery, but nudes were creating an artistic bottleneck where I don't get a single comments unless it's a nude. I have nothing against nudes, and I still sometimes post an occasional one, because that's part of the variety I like to cultivate. I just have to be careful not to repeat mistakes from the past, and allow this to hijack my gallery again - a point that had no return in my personal experience. At least one GOOD thing came out of starting over my gallery - DA has been a much more responsive community, and their feedback has greatly helped me grow as an artist over the years. Getting myself exposed to artists from all (non-3D) medias was the best thing that happened to me. :D

As I stated in a earlier post I was fascinated by the responses to this and I have to say I have never looked at the possible effects nude renders could have on your gallery. I think I have only done one nude render in around 10 years, or more, of using Poser so that might explain it. I understand totally what you are saying about the nude hijacking your gallery, it just it never occurred to me it could have that effect. Thanks you for sharing your experience in this matter.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Some very long and interesting submissions and I am fascinated by the different points of view. I don't think that it is ever possible to define art, let alone good or bad art, and often what is imagined to been the mind of the artist is very different to the thoughts of the creator but I am not sure that matters. For example, if I read a book my imagination be used heavily to create the characters, true the author can use their skills to decide whether we love of hate them along with other such traits but the total character I picture is bound to be different from the one imagined by the author.
I think that might be a good idea for a render challenge, have one of our cleaver writers write a scene for us to re-create and watch what everyone comes up with. I think that would be awesome to see how everyone else see's it in their own head.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary

Sorry I just am NOT on the same page as you on certain subjects. Nude or non-nude, Good Girl Pinup art (which is how I define your work) or more extreme fare...I really don't care. I post what drives me and I comment on a piece when it grabs me. When I see an image that hits a nerve that nerve is usually in my throat chakra and gut. If I feel it there I go wild......LOVING IT and praise it to the artist. If I don 't FEEL it I just ignore it unless the artist asks for a critique in which case I try to leave like or dislike out of the equation and just stick to the methods i learned to intelligently critique an image. Not political correctness just intelligent critique.
I can't understand why the objection about people commenting on your nudes and not your softer dressed pinup fare. IT IS ALL YOUR WORK! What difference does it make...unless you are becoming self conscious about the work in which case of course do as you must. In my DeviantArt FAVORITES I have all kinds of images one would not believe in many cases as being related to my preferences especially viewing my images and my past as an Erotic Fantasy creator. But they Grabbed me and I commented and I Faved them and in some cases I downloaded them to add to my reference images I review on a regular basis as SLIDE SHOWS in different genres using a Mac App Called GRAPHIC CONVERTER and through a DVI adapter pipe to my big screen TV. The images I post here to give ideas to content creators for stuff I would love to have.....ALL those images are images I downloaded and carefully archived in data bases to easily find them. And like Erotica I find on line I , they are in my FAVES because they GRAB me....in my throat and guts. I love the images I have posted here they have touched me and that is why I would love to get stuff for Poser I can recreate them in my own way. If I could create content I would never have the time to come to these forums or beg again for Poser stuff. I would just create and create and POST!
I love looking at images that GRAB me one after the other. Better than chips and beer and if I include chips and beer all the happier meeeee!
I am glad posting on DA has allowed you to grow. It doesn't affect me that way. I use it as a showcase and to see what else others are doing. As I say in my bio page:

For me creating and/or viewing images is about the picture, Only the picture and NOTHING but the picture. You like fine. You no like fine. See you bye! But I am not going to stop creating erotica because my "soft touch mother and child images" or Good Girl Pin-up stuff or big eye cat (which make me puke BTW), gets greater review.
IT IS ALL MY STUFF...even the big eye kitty stuff IF I would ever lower my integrity and create it of course! ;)
I have all kinds of books on pinup art, Elvgren, Vargas, and so many others and love them all but not all GOOD GIRL Pinup art grabs me.
So i look at stuff by Corben, VonByros, Crepax, Bisley, and hundreds of other artists of adult erotic fanatasy or HeavyMetal genres.
PASS ME A BEER! ;)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I think that might be a good idea for a render challenge, have one of our cleaver writers write a scene for us to re-create and watch what everyone comes up with. I think that would be awesome to see how everyone else see's it in their own head.
Yeah that is a great idea, But, I better write the challenge and offer my critique skills (afterall I was an Art director once in another life) because from what I have seen here my vision will not make anyone too happy here! LOL

Of course you can all see for yourselves and visit my gallery at DeviantArt and comment....or not...as you please. But at leas you might get some idea of what I have been blabbering about here! ;)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
There is nothing to apologize for. We will not be suppressing any thoughts here today.
Well, good and dandy but this wasn't your thread and you are not a mod...I don't think...are you? And those here might prefer leaving it as an art submission/art viewing/critiquing thread and not a blab session thread! Just saying. :)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Sure, go ahead Carmen, here is the link to the Render Challenge forum. We do have some just for fun (might want to write that in the title) Render Challenges (just need to keep in mind the TOS)
TOS?
Not my thing here dear. I do a lot of work but have posted very little here just because it defies TOS. I respect it as I respect Chris and others here. I am a guest and dare not press the issue. Don't want to offend or piss good people off...people who have been kind, patient and respectful to me. I think it best I remain in the shadows looking in and commenting from time to time. Safer dear!
But like I said look at my work and judge for yourself....keeping in mind f course that even the works up at Deviant are tame compared to my other work.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Carmen, are you aware iirc that they did update TOS not long back so you might want to double check it's still the same. I remember seeing posts. Here's what it currently says. If you're unsure you could always ask Lisa or Chris to check an image.
III. Content Restrictions

ALL content posted in, or linked to from the HiveWire website or services, including, but not limited to blog posts, forum posts, product submissions, avatars, thumbnails, and gallery images MUST adhere to the following guidelines:

• No Character attacks, which could be interpreted as defamation of character, slander, and libelous.
  • Images may not show bare female nipple, genitals, bare groin, bare natal cleft, or anus, of the humanoid figures.
  • Images that may be considered overly sexual in nature, may be reviewed by the staff of this site as to its appropriateness.
  • Images will not display the act of sexual copulation, masturbation, or oral sex.
  • Images will not display rape, torture, or the act of physical mutilation.
  • Images that may appear gratuitously violent will be reviewed by the staff of this site for its appropriateness for inclusion in the gallery.
  • Images that contain depictions of children are especially sensitive and will be reviewed even more strictly than other such images.
  • Images that may be considered as an attack on a person or their beliefs will be reviewed for its appropriateness in the gallery.
  • The HiveWire 3D gallery is intended for works of art only and not for advertising purposes. Any image that can be construed as a "product shot" may be removed at the discretion of the staff. However, a listing of the products used in an image is acceptable and encouraged.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Sorry I just am NOT on the same page as you on certain subjects. Nude or non-nude, Good Girl Pinup art (which is how I define your work) or more extreme fare...I really don't care. I post what drives me and I comment on a piece when it grabs me. When I see an image that hits a nerve that nerve is usually in my throat chakra and gut. If I feel it there I go wild......LOVING IT and praise it to the artist. If I don 't FEEL it I just ignore it unless the artist asks for a critique in which case I try to leave like or dislike out of the equation and just stick to the methods i learned to intelligently critique an image. Not political correctness just intelligent critique.

Quite understandable. I just wish the rest of the online communities could see things that way. In the beginning I used to get more intelligent comments than I do nowadays. The current trend is posting comments with up to 4-5 letters, usually an adjective. That makes 96% of the feedback I get these days, and I am lucky to get any. As the community size grows every year, people get easily overwhelmed by the sheer amount of contents to look at, so they just quickly browse over, or delete all the notifications. Even though I don't post much of nudes nowadays, most of my recent web games have nudity. Most were created in collaboration with (non-3D) artists from the DA community, and I don't mind nudity if that's what they want. :)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Carmen, are you aware iirc that they did update TOS not long back so you might want to double check it's still the same. I remember seeing posts. Here's what it currently says. If you're unsure you could always ask Lisa or Chris to check an image.
III. Content Restrictions

ALL content posted in, or linked to from the HiveWire website or services, including, but not limited to blog posts, forum posts, product submissions, avatars, thumbnails, and gallery images MUST adhere to the following guidelines:

• No Character attacks, which could be interpreted as defamation of character, slander, and libelous.
  • Images may not show bare female nipple, genitals, bare groin, bare natal cleft, or anus, of the humanoid figures.
  • Images that may be considered overly sexual in nature, may be reviewed by the staff of this site as to its appropriateness.
  • Images will not display the act of sexual copulation, masturbation, or oral sex.
  • Images will not display rape, torture, or the act of physical mutilation.
  • Images that may appear gratuitously violent will be reviewed by the staff of this site for its appropriateness for inclusion in the gallery.
  • Images that contain depictions of children are especially sensitive and will be reviewed even more strictly than other such images.
  • Images that may be considered as an attack on a person or their beliefs will be reviewed for its appropriateness in the gallery.
  • The HiveWire 3D gallery is intended for works of art only and not for advertising purposes. Any image that can be construed as a "product shot" may be removed at the discretion of the staff. However, a listing of the products used in an image is acceptable and encouraged.

OOOOKAY!?
Thanks for the info. But unless I am missing the purpose for your telling me this outside of the obvious, I am not sure this info is any different than what I already knew about the TOS here and in most other sites too more or less.
But to be clear, I still say can't post here......for the most part. :)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Quite understandable. I just wish the rest of the online communities could see things that way. In the beginning I used to get more intelligent comments than I do nowadays. The current trend is posting comments with up to 4-5 letters, usually an adjective. That makes 96% of the feedback I get these days, and I am lucky to get any. As the community size grows every year, people get easily overwhelmed by the sheer amount of contents to look at, so they just quickly browse over, or delete all the notifications. Even though I don't post much of nudes nowadays, most of my recent web games have nudity. Most were created in collaboration with (non-3D) artists from the DA community, and I don't mind nudity if that's what they want. :)

Soooooo? You want quantity over quality.... number of single word comments rather than one or two more intelligent critiques.
Why? Sounds like a getting "IT" together is in demand here mate!? LOL

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Actually, I think Ken was saying he'd rather have an intelligent critique than someone say "Nice" (which I see alot).

I'm guilty of just hitting the like button instead of saying something, either I'm busy or on the phone (and I HATE typing on the phone).

And I think Pen showed you the TOS because when I suggested you could write up a challenge you said you couldn't because of the TOS :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Soooooo? You want quantity over quality.... number of single word comments rather than one or two more intelligent critiques.
Why? Sounds like a getting "IT" together is in demand here mate!? LOL

Hehe it may sound like that, but remember I used to get better quality comments in the past. It wasn't always like this. In that area, things have changed, and not for the better. Nonetheless, I still get a lot of comments, so I can't complain. Some of my friends get nothing at all, and that's depressing. That's something that never happened to me - I always got comments since the beginning, so I consider myself a lucky guy. ^^

However, my muse is not always kind, and sometimes I post something I KNOW could be better in one area or another. Thanks to all the feedback I've got from the community, nowadays I no longer need to ask for opinions - I usually know when I did things right. Having to reconcile personal time with work on the store projects and commissions, I only have limited time to finish a piece. For many artists, the art will never be finished, so we have to stop it at some point. That's the point where I usually know what went well, and what could be better. I don't need people to tell me, unless I ask.

I have at least 2 articles at DA where I have discussed the art of commenting, and it was interesting to see what different people had to say about it. Many deny the need for feedback, but at least in my case, I needed a LOT of it when I was getting started. Nowadays I have placed this connection between art and the reaction it gets from people. If it didn't get a reaction, I know it wasn't a good piece. But after doing it for over a decade, I've already learned what works and what doesn't. Nudes are a sure thing, but too easy to get reactions from. I like to get the same reaction with a dressed character, and that has worked out for me. It's like Xmas presents - there would be no fun in receiving them if they weren't nicely wrapped. Wrapping creates expectation and stirs the imagination - just like a good book. ^__^

Stezza

Dances with Bees
and today's render is brought to you by the letters U D N S & E

Beaker and the letters UDNSE.jpg