• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Carey

Extraordinary

Grandfather Yelled, " Concentration boy!" "You must hit the eye!" He reach down with in himself for the spirit of the hawk, one more arrow, he must do it this time....

Wow, Thanks all for all the comments and attention, now I shall endeavor to answer all the questions, The splashes were created using "FINKS SPLASHES" available at renderousity... This is a story I didn't intend to write, although part Indian, I don't know much about my Indian back ground or even much about Indian lore, yet it would appear like so many of my stories that I am clearly intended to write this. Since my first short story "The Chicken Talker" my stories write themselves and I am generally just along for the ride...This story is also clearly meant to be animated as that is how it is coming to me.....The story like so many is a story about me, An Indian boy, born in the city who slowly becomes aware of his Indian heritage....

Hornet3d

Wise
@Hornet3d really enjoying the story and the imagery. Do you think it likely that you will gather all the parts together in one place at some point? I would love to be able to read through from start to end with out having to hunt through the forums :)

@Hornet3d and @Dreamer I would think story book format would be best. Full page with word balloons just doesn't work as well. Plus the story book format would give you a chance to write what's been rolling around in your head for years. From one who knows...

Still if it's too much trouble, don't stop what you're doing.

I am glad you are enjoying it, I love making the renders and moving the story on. I be honest the idea gathering all the different pieces in one place never really occurred to me (well other than my PC anyway), I think mainly because I did not think anyone would be that interested. If I were to do it I like the story book idea I just don't know how I would go about creating it. The story has certainly been bouncing away in my head for some years but it is only the past few months I have loaded a series of renders with linked story lines. I have a number of photo books I have had printed over the years which really take the story to the point where it is now, but that is just the renders. Many of them I have uploaded at some point but only from random points in the story.

If I were to go forward with the idea there would be a few hurdles to negotiate. Firstly I have a fairly detailed start to the story but the supporting renders are old and feature two different V4 characters so I would need to go back and update them to keep the character consistent. I have no problem with doing that as I much prefer my Dawn character. The second hurdle would be the fact that I have a beginning middle and end but there are many places in between that I want to expand. I think that is part of the problem, the more it bounces around in my head the bigger and more complex it gets.

Final hurdle I have already touched on, I do not know the best way to create the story book. I don't want to go down the route of a comic just because it is not really my style and I feel a great deal of information would be lost as I am OK with renders and writing in general but I doubt I can convert that to a comic and feel I have done it justice.

In short, I really like the idea of having it in one place and it would be a nice little project for me, so I am really open to ideas and suggestions.

Thanks again for the interest and for taking the time to give such useful feedback.

Carey

Extraordinary
@Hornet3d really enjoying the story and the imagery. Do you think it likely that you will gather all the parts together in one place at some point? I would love to be able to read through from start to end with out having to hunt through the forums :)
I have no control over the how or when, nor even the rate at which a story comes, nor even if it comes at all... I didn't choose to be a writer, it choose me, but if this story continues to tell itself to me I will have to make allowances for it at some point in the future I guess... Thanks for your kind attentions...

Carey

Extraordinary
I am glad you are enjoying it, I love making the renders and moving the story on. I be honest the idea gathering all the different pieces in one place never really occurred to me (well other than my PC anyway), I think mainly because I did not think anyone would be that interested. If I were to do it I like the story book idea I just don't know how I would go about creating it. The story has certainly been bouncing away in my head for some years but it is only the past few months I have loaded a series of renders with linked story lines. I have a number of photo books I have had printed over the years which really take the story to the point where it is now, but that is just the renders. Many of them I have uploaded at some point but only from random points in the story.

If I were to go forward with the idea there would be a few hurdles to negotiate. Firstly I have a fairly detailed start to the story but the supporting renders are old and feature two different V4 characters so I would need to go back and update them to keep the character consistent. I have no problem with doing that as I much prefer my Dawn character. The second hurdle would be the fact that I have a beginning middle and end but there are many places in between that I want to expand. I think that is part of the problem, the more it bounces around in my head the bigger and more complex it gets.

Final hurdle I have already touched on, I do not know the best way to create the story book. I don't want to go down the route of a comic just because it is not really my style and I feel a great deal of information would be lost as I am OK with renders and writing in general but I doubt I can convert that to a comic and feel I have done it justice.

In short, I really like the idea of having it in one place and it would be a nice little project for me, so I am really open to ideas and suggestions.

Thanks again for the interest and for taking the time to give such useful feedback.

I think we all have at least one novel in us, I have been lucky to have so many different stories reveal themselves to me, yet they all seem related, like one story, yet the ways of telling it differing. I hate to make too much of my story telling as I really like to be thought of as an artist, yet the two refuse to be separated, I can't be one without showing I am the other... I like the way my niece puts it...."You Lie!" She is right, that is what I do.....lol

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs

As far as layout goes, what if you were to do one image to a page with accompanying text? Rather like you forum posts but in say pdf format? If you want I can whip up an example of what I am trying to explain :)

Hornet3d

Wise
As far as layout goes, what if you were to do one image to a page with accompanying text? Rather like you forum posts but in say pdf format? If you want I can whip up an example of what I am trying to explain :)

That is very much what I had in mind when I first started the idea of a photo book but I could not find a print house that did that sort of thing at a reasonable cost. I can generate something very similar using something like Microsoft Publisher but that limits the people that can see it. I will look into your suggestion of a pdf format and see what how that would work. Thanks for the suggestion.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I think a story book is a good idea Carey. If you set it up in pdf file you could submit it to publishers if that's your aim. Good story books are hard to find these days.

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
Whispers of Dragonfire
View media item 2971
Still playing with LAMH, this time adding it to a hair figure to try to re-create that "halo" of loose strands and single hairs that look so pretty when they catch the light... I think I need to decrease the hair count and fix some curl issues, but I'm happy with the direction this is heading. I was moving my camera around the scene, and liked this view so much I decided to render it out.

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
The hair is OOT Topmodel updo, with some "additions," the character is a mix. Skin is from "Georgia HD for Victoria 7", shape is combination of "Georgia HD for Victoria 7," "Teen Princess Leila for Genesis 3 Females," and "Growing Up for Genesis 3 Females."

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
She looks lovely VB, and that's a very nice PoV, so not surprising you wanted to render it. ;)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That is very much what I had in mind when I first started the idea of a photo book but I could not find a print house that did that sort of thing at a reasonable cost. I can generate something very similar using something like Microsoft Publisher but that limits the people that can see it. I will look into your suggestion of a pdf format and see what how that would work. Thanks for the suggestion.
I haven't used M Publisher but I'm pretty sure it can save out as a PDF? I know we wouldn't use it for printing (we've had some weird colour conversions) but just for viewing it would be ok.

Carey

Extraordinary
I think a story book is a good idea Carey. If you set it up in pdf file you could submit it to publishers if that's your aim. Good story books are hard to find these days.
I don't take myself serious either as a writer or an artist, my writing and my art are only important unto themselves. My pride in them is always very temporary, then it is on to the next adventure or challenge. the fact that the Littlest Shaman has held my attention this long is very very rare indeed. If I spend too long on any work writing or art I just start seeing all the mistakes and flaws...lol

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Don't have it on my home computer but I believe Publisher does export to pdf Rae, a lot of the teachers use it for creating stuff to sell on Teacher pays Teacher, and most of those are pdf files. I can check when I fire up my work computer though.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Your welcome :) I use Adobe InDesign for any thing like this of my own and if I remember my graphic design papers from uni right most printers like pdf format too.
Once its saved any pdf reader can be used to view it :)

I haven't used M Publisher but I'm pretty sure it can save out as a PDF? I know we wouldn't use it for printing (we've had some weird colour conversions) but just for viewing it would be ok.
From what I remember of my graphics classes at uni as long as you have saved it with the right settings it should be fine. Let's see if I remember what the lecturer was trying to tell us, when saving for print use the CMYK rather than RGB as it will give a truer colour and it is normally what the big industrial printers are setup for.
Of course as I am going off memory I could have that skewed and it also assumes that everyone has their screens properly calibrated to start with and the same lol :p

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
print your own or get it printed. My mac allows me to and I am sure Windows have apps that will do the same thing. I open the layout application import and place all my images and text and proof it and then sent it (in my case to the apple store i believe or the on-line address that does it for mac users) and tell them what I want and they send the books to me all printed bound and complete. The rest and more complicated part is distribution. But getting a limited edition run can be a good way to see the work in print format....there is nothing like it really and a good way to show it around even sending to established publishers with a decent distribution network which is the life blood of printed works.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
CMYK is correct it will print correctly RGB is horrible to print. Couple of my renders that I've printed took me ages to get the settings right.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Your welcome :) I use Adobe InDesign for any thing like this of my own and if I remember my graphic design papers from uni right most printers like pdf format too.

From what I remember of my graphics classes at uni as long as you have saved it with the right settings it should be fine. Let's see if I remember what the lecturer was trying to tell us, when saving for print use the CMYK rather than RGB as it will give a truer colour and it is normally what the big industrial printers are setup for.
Of course as I am going off memory I could have that skewed and it also assumes that everyone has their screens properly calibrated to start with and the same lol :p

Also the resolution of the images in the app have to be for hi res printing. Color for instance should be for an 8x10 page full page 300lpi.
From my days in pre-press you should find out from your printer what they want or need and provide them with it. Even preparing a .pdf inf for the net is ok low res jpg images but for offset you have to get better resolution tif links for them and yes CMYK though many of the better print houses with in-house pre-press department can do all the conversions in the rip. What you must have is a good proof for them to compare their press proof to. A good proof that has everything you must be able to see in the finished piece is very important.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist

Yep, always save it as CMYK for printing. But there's a quirk in MP that can be a bit tricky. It will not always print how the client expects (we had a client for example, do their own artwork using a blue, it looked a bit darker than the Ford blue on the screen but printed like the FedEx purple, they were NOT happy). Its not really a quality product to use for printing on a press :D but should be fine if its just for viewing online.