• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks! ^___^

I just googled Girl holding orange. Apparently it's a common theme!

I actually googled for the original concept, but I couldn't find it. It used to be on the CGSociety banner, but it's not there anymore. I don't know the name of the original artist, and searching the web for an image using just words doesn't seem to help. It led to all sorts of imitations, but not the original art.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Thanks! ^___^

I actually googled for the original concept, but I couldn't find it. It used to be on the CGSociety banner, but it's not there anymore. I don't know the name of the original artist, and searching the web for an image using just words doesn't seem to help. It led to all sorts of imitations, but not the original art.

Check your PM!

Hornet3d

Wise
She was tired, both physically and mentally but more worryingly she was fast running out of ideas, even the bank of computers seemed to have given up. She was very aware that their only option was fast becoming cryogenics and that sent a shiver down her spine, while to some it seemed a solution she viewed it as the worst of all worlds.

Scifi lab.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Love the "bank of computers" Hornet. Nicely done. :)

Wow that's an impressive set. ^____^

Thanks for the comments.

The set in question is 'Sci-Fi Lab' by Petipet, one of the few still producing great scenes for both DS and Poser. As a Poser user and am very grateful and have so many of the scenes and recently Petipet had a massive sale so I now have so many more scenes to play with.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ya know, I thought it looked a little familiar, so I must've seen it when looking through the sale items recently. Oh, and yes, I like the quality of his sets, AND that he still produces for both DS and Poser.

Hornet3d

Wise
Despite everyone's best efforts he had finally been placed in a cryo unit. She spent every night here until the early hours of the morning but all it did was make her feel even more frustrated. She has heard him say to her in the past that he felt like a fire engine in a traffic queue, something she had not understood at the time. Some days later she had researched it and sort of understood, now she full meaning had dawned on her. Over the nights a plan began to form in her mine a plan that was as desperate as it was dangerous, except each night she felt more and more convinced it was her only option.

Med Centre Cryo HW.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Unusual cryo unit Hornet. I'm so used to seeing the type where you're lying on a bed. Can't think of seeing one where you're sitting up before. ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Nice...looks like a negative displacement effect. In the top image it looks like you've used a mix brick to get a different colour. Which bricks are you using MDL or RSL?

Hornet3d

Wise
Unusual cryo unit Hornet. I'm so used to seeing the type where you're lying on a bed. Can't think of seeing one where you're sitting up before. ;)

The cryo unit is certainly very different, like a lot of my stuff there is a degree of mix and match. The room itself is the Psi MedBay from Petipet with the beds, scanner units and other bits removed. The Cryo unit is the MS13 Cyron Chamber by London224 with a slight tweak on the outside materials to try and make if look part of the MedBay. The unit itself is a real work of art and it can be set with the bed lying down in the normal manner but I opted for the seated position because I wanted the male figure to be visible and and also just because it was different.